Strawberry's & Creme Brugmansia

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

She is still going strong and the blooms are getting better since I am caring and learning more about them.
Elizabeth, Princess is beautiful, not afraid of that camera either. Looks like a beautiful day.
Love the blooms. Especially the double Peach.
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Good Morning
Thank you for the nice comments
Dee, that is her name Princess, she sleeps with me, she knows she's my baby
Charlene I love the double Peach also
Sheri, I think the color change is the parents of the Brugs, Velvet Rose when it has a lot of Blooms on it, it will have both the pink & the white at the same time

Elizabeth

That is way my Painted Lady Does and I absollutely love her.
What's not to love on this girl???

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Hamilton, OH

Charlene
Just Beautiful, gotta love the dark pinks, you're doing a great job with your Brugs

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Way to go Charleen beautiful!
My brugs are growing like crazy, but no more blooms yet.I can hardly wait.
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Hi Charlene & Dee

Goggle Fandango & Edna brugmansia, they are in the nursery, I just got them from a good friend, I hope I can keep those flying Bugs that want too make dinner out of my Brug blooms, off them so they can grow up big, oh my Velvet Rose is now Pink, will post Pic's later this evening

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, they are both beautiful. I remember Fandangon from last fall, when you were wanting it.Glad you got them both! Can't wait to see Velvet rose with both white and pink blooms on it.That's the one that I have as wallpaper on my puter...yep, still have your pic on from last year...just forgot her name..lol
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Dee
I just went out & checked, the Blooms are all dark pink, I will post Pic's in about an hour & a half, just when it get's dark, I cna't believe they turned pink in just one night, it's the first flush, so there will be others, that was your favorite from last year I remember, I am so glad too find the other ones, I wanted Fandango, from the first i saw it, those german's know how too cross Brugs, that's fo sure, Monica is one of the best

Elizabeth

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

They are all so beautiful! that dbl peach or pink is awesome. And the dark pink one too. Wow, having two colors on the same plant.....is that common or particular to your single plant?
I try to imagine the scents that some of you describe. I have 2 that are in pots and looking healthy. I have used some (not a lot) water from my tropical aquarium cleaning on them. that should be good, right?

Sheri

Hamilton, OH

Dee & Sheri
here is Velvet Rose, you can see the color change from white too Pink

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

Sheri
the Fragrance is amazing, just as it gets dark

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Dee, this is the emerald Frost, just before it opens. the other one is taller but isn't ready too Bloom. i will post Pic's as soon as it Blooms

Elizabeth

Wow, that Velvet Rose is exquisite! Looking forward to the Emerald Frost bloom. Is it another 2toned bloom as well?
Oh and is the term "flush" used to describe a bloom cycle? like plants that rebloom might have 2 or 3 flushes.?
I am also amazed at the size of some of the blooms seen on this thread.

Sheri

I went out to take pic this AM. Camera was cold, Temp was warm, Adora Looks mystical , doesn't she. the blooms were so perky and Pretty Elizabeth. I had to have a pic. Love your blooms too.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful blooms and flower pictures here.. love them all. Can almost smell them.

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Beautiful! I just love seeing everyones blooms.How hot was it in your neck of the woods today, Charleen?
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Good Morning
Sheri, a Flush means when they have a lot of Blooms at the same time, some of them just have one Bloom at first, I am not sure what color the Emerald Frost is? I think Gordon post a Pic of it, his was pink
Charlene, the Bloom is so pretty, I bet the fragrance is amazing
Dee, I will post another Pic of Emerald Frost when it opens, that was the piece that broke off the other one is taller but hasn't formed a Y yet
Debra it's nice too see you

Elizabeth

High 90's feels like 100's with the humidity.
Got to work in early morning or late afternoon in garden.
Painted Lady this morning.
Charleen

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Hi.. Sheri... Well Emerald Frost looks like a white with pink edging.. it doesn't really start all white and turn pink like some of them do...
Elizabeth.. here's the Emerald frost this morning... the 5 blooms in the picture are all different stages of bloom...
i guess over a threeday time frame.. just before opening it looks a bit yellow.. then opens for a few days then starts to wilt as seen in one of the flowers.. it's wide open.. with a ruffle to the edge of the skirt.. where most of the pink is.. the throat is always white

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

here's a close up of the flower.. ruffled slightly on the edge of the skirt.. white throat.. and tendrals so small.. they are more points on the flower.... I have a honey bee enjoying the tastey morning nectar..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

Wow, I love that Emerald Frost bloom. the petal almost appears softly gathered at each of those 5 ?veins or rays that have the point.
Some of the pics here of flushes look like "royal flushes" ^_^ with so many blooms at once.
these are truly special plants and I sure thank each of you who is teaching me about them.

Sheri

Hamilton, OH

Gordon
Thank you so much for posting you Photo, so Sheri can see what it looks like
Charlene, your painted lady is Beautiful, Thank you for posting them

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Who ever Guesses what this is will win clippings of Frosty Pink, Yea Contest

Elizabeth

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

MEM

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Yes...I thought I had seen the picture before but no id there... is it painted lady

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

I have no idea, who that one is Elizabeth, so I will take a wild, wild guess...Pink Beauty?
Great pics Gordon, and Charleen!
Dee

Is it Frosty Pink?

Strawberries and Cream???

Hamilton, OH

O.K. one more Photo, you guys are good

Hamilton, OH

maybe this will help

Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Velvet rose?
Dee

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

There are so many pink ones ....then I thought that perhaps you had posted the photos before and you had! .....

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

What ever it is ... it is beautiful.

This message was edited Aug 4, 2010 10:05 PM

Hamilton, OH

Good afternoon
I will check back in Saturday, Veronica the 2 photo's are of Velvet Rose, here is the Pic's I am having people guess what it is? too win Frosty pink clippings

Hamilton, OH

This is the same Brug after it turned all pink

Elizabeth

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

On Aug3 at 4:06, you posted a photo with the caption "maybe this will help", was that also a photo of the one you want people to guess at? You posted the same photo as Velvet Rose on Aug 3 at 3:26. That was followed by the a photo with a caption that said

Quoting:
Sheri
the Fragrance is amazing, just as it gets dark

I assumed it was a photo of a younger Velvet Rose flower and that you were still speaking of Velvet Rose.

????

Woodstock ON, Canada

file:///C:/Users/Heather/Pictures/Pond%20and%20Garden/DSCF3194.JPG

This is a 7' high brug I purchased as a white. However when it bloomed it was a peach color. Not my taste. Really would like to trade to to someone who will appreiate it for a white in exchange. I live near Woodstock Ontario so could trade anyone close. Thanks. Heather. file:///C:/Users/Heather/Pictures/Pond%20and%20Garden/DSCF3191.JPG

This is a beautiful pink brug I have that currently has a baby. I would also trade the baby for a baby white.... :>)

Woodstock ON, Canada

The peach brug I mentioned in previous post.

Thumbnail by HHSmyth
Woodstock ON, Canada

And the pink one.....

Thumbnail by HHSmyth
Hamilton, OH

Good evening
since I botched the last contest, I woul like too try a new one, i really want someone to win Frosty pink clippings
so hopefully we can try this, only 1 Brug Pic posted, whoever guesses this one will get 4 clippings of Frosty Pink
I hope no one is mad at me

Elizabeth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.