July weather- Gonna be a hot one!!

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Sorry to hear about tomato and apple troubles. We are awash in blackberries. I need to get out and pick and freeze more.
Thunderstorms overnight-- 0.61" of rain in the gauge, high in upper 80s and low 90s forecast all week.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Bernie: those tomatoes look yummy!
Dyson: did you get one of those "isolated" thunderstorms?
Ric: you are teasing us! We'll be awaiting the announcement about the projects! LOL
Pepper: your daylilies are certainly going out in a blaze of color! I especially like that red one.
BP: do hoot owls eat cats? Sounds like the outdoor cats weren't taking any chances!! LOL Ewwww-those apples look yucky--so sorry about that. Too bad about the tomato, too. All that anticipation only to be disappointed!
Sunfarm: It's blackberry cobbler time! Yummy! (drooling here). Pretty photo of the BF.

Another hot one expected today. It is currently overcast and earlier this morning it felt like we might get some rain, but nothing has developed. I suppose there is still hope for one of those isolated showers to drop some rain over my house.
# Today: Cloudy early with isolated thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Humid. Heat index near 110F. High 96F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
# Tonight: A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. Some clouds this evening will give way to mainly clear skies overnight. Low 76F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Grey, muggy and 76°.

These new projects are more decorative in nature than 'real projects'....lol!
Picked up a few objects from my Sister's Bathroom remodel.....

Ric

(Zone 7a)

79.0 °F with a high of 97º. We made 100º yesterday. We heard a report that one of the nearby roads is falling apart in the heat. Zoinks!!!
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.91 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 80 °F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 4.90 out of 12
Pollen Forecast new!
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4269 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sally, sorry about the apples and tomatoes. I found a few tomatoes, still green but a bit brown . I suppose because of so many rains we had while we were gone. Now they are fine, hopefully will ripe well. Thanks for the the lovely words.
Mau, I also have a push mower...just used it today!
Pepper, lovely lilies!
Celia, great pics! Any news from Aurora? Your mom was such a beauty when she was young, like a movie star!
Kelli, take care and get well soon! Interesting info about the indians.
Ric, I had a neighbor who scratched her arm in a datura pod and it got swollen and blue. She had to go to the hospital. Thanks God I never had such a scary episode, I'm very careful, but thanks for the information.
Bernie, those glads are gorgeous!
We're having a heat wave, 95F and a rainstorm(or more) everyday. Today I mowed the lawn in the morning, then we suddenly saw these black clouds coming towards us, with lightnings and thunders...in 10 minutes the storm started!!!!
The storm didn't make damages on our street, but in Bucharest some branches damaged a few cars.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Here's a smile from Nicholas!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Ooooooo! Baby giggles!!! LOL I love it!

Thanks, Adina. She was beautiful. I got to hear Aurora giggle on the phone the other day. So fun!!!

(Zone 7a)

Crystal sent me pics of Aurora a few minutes ago!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

My favorite.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

74° and drizzles of rain. We've had more thunder tha rain so far.

I got a nice walk in. Almost made it around town without talking to anyone. Dad was out, so I had to stop there. From there I could see my brother, so I waved at him. Across the highway, my Uncle was out, so I stopped again. Ahhh, the life of a small town!

Sunfarm, those blackberries are a treasure! Nice butterfly shot and I love milkweed blooms!

Mau, I believe that's what happened to most of my adopted outdoor cats. They always disappear overnight. I always hope the outdoor cats just know, to not move.

RIC! That's not telling us anything. We love your projects!

Celia, I'm not suprised the road is breaking up in the heat. Do you have a lot of semi traffic? Wow, that's seeing a thistle in a new way!

Adina, that's good to know about the datura! We sure can learn from others misfortunes and hopefully prevent new ones. Wow, that sortm sure popped up! I'm glad you had no damage!

Ohhh Nicholas! The first of many many smiles and laughter to come!! You are so cute!!

Celia, that is a good picture of Crystal and Aurora! SYou can tell she has her hearts content in her arms!

Ohhh Aurora Eve! You are punchin and lovin every minute of it. You are fiesty and adorable!!

My heart is full of baby!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Pretty good storm moved through Roanoke while I was at work today, do not know if we got any of it here. I really do need to put a rain gauge up again don't I ?

88° -

Details for Monday, July 19 (Evening)
Evening: A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. Partly cloudy skies. Low near 70F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We have a highway in the city that has partially collasped. At least 2 lanes are gone, the retaining wall, and the guard rails are down too. It's a mess and they aren't sure yet what caused it to give out.

It is super hot today and the heat is not going anywhere anytime soon. Heat advisories and warnings are out for at least half of the state plus part of Kansas. Highs in the 90s with heat index between 105 and 110. Tomorrow morning I have a softball tournament with some coworkers. Thankfully it's only in the morning!! LOL

I saw my first tiger swallowtail today!! I only managed to get one pic of him and barely at that. He knew when I was taking pics and made sure to keep moving. LOL. See if you can find him. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oooooo, precious babies--Aurora and Nicholas! It's good to have babies to talk about on the thread again, especially now that JW is growing up.
Adina: that was some storm cloud! We could use some of that rain here. I have been watering again today.
Ric: please tell us you are not putting a used potty in your garden! LOL
I see him, Pepper, and a handsome fella he is! I haven't seen any of those around here but I saw 3 Eastern Black Swallowtails in my garden at the same time yesterday. In years past, we have had roads to buckle because of the heat.
I bought batteries for my camera today so hopefully I can get some good photos of those 3 EBST BF's I saw yesterday.

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

The blackberries actually look better than they taste, IMHO. They are thornless, so not as flavorful as the wild ones, but are fine in smoothies, etc. with yogurt, buttermilk, vanilla, etc. I discovered last year that cobblers, etc. made with them taste much better if I slip in just a few elderberries.

Possibility of more overnight thunderstorms.

(Zone 7a)

Oh, Pepper. I hope everyone is okay.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

No one was hurt. As far as I know I don't think anyone was in that area when it happened.

Forgot to mention that I went and got a Don Juan today. Almost got America but then found Don Juan and got it instead.

It's in front of the white pot. Big 2 gallon pot for 7 bucks. Whoo hoo!!! And has a bud on it!!

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I see you hiding over there Sugarweed..... lol!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pepper: good luck with Don Juan. I have two of them but they aren't doing well--probably because I have them planted in clay dirt and I haven't enriched the soil or fertilized them--plus I don't water them like I should because they are away from all my other flower beds and it is not as convenient for me to pull the hose over to where they are. Shame on me!

Ric: LOL

# Today: Partly cloudy. High 94F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
# Tonight: Partly cloudy skies. Low 76F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1117016/

Please post on the new thread today!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.