July weather- Gonna be a hot one!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Back with the chickens. Raining where we picked them up. Foggy most of the way there. Now it is plain old hot & muggy.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sunfarm, rain got us again around 1:30 pm. Sunlight thru fog is a neat picture. I immediatly think "Gorillas In The Mist." I hope you get a chance at a picture.

Celia, I'm hungry all over again!

Bernie, glad you got the chickens home! It will be interesting to see how many eggs they lay by tomorrow.

If I hadn't already taken a shower, I could have finished mowing. It's wet, but there's been no more rain. I hate unfinished business.

81° and cloudy.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

The catipillars I found on my Razzmatazz coneflower, then a few was on my filidpilia (sorry can't spell it, it's native) and now my hot lavas are leafless, toothace plants have holes, along with a bunch others in that bed. LOL. They have been very active in there.

Ok, on to my weather; was hot and humid this morning then this afternoon scattered storms and showers moved in and knocked the humidity down. Now it's sunny again but there is still rain in the area, just scattered around.

Here is my filly plant. That's my new nickname for it. LOL. I have a tag buried somewhere around here. I'll look up the real name in a second. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23

Here's another pic of the cats. They are on my glad leaves here.

Here's the plant pictured above. Queen of the Prairie.

http://www.grownative.org/plants/info.asp?id=176

(Zone 7a)

I like that. How does it grow for you and is it invasive? And I don't see caterpillars. Are they white? And in the snow?

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

76°

Details for Thursday, July 08
Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 98F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Evening: Some clouds. Chance of a shower or thunderstorm through the evening. Low near 70F. Winds light and variable.

Dark - Hope we get some moisture today.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pepper, I like Queen of The Prairie.

It's 72° and humid. I heard it rain around 11:30 pm, but none yet today. And, it's Dyson Dark. The robins are singing. I have hardly seen a little one. I hope the cats aren't getting them.

The two male neighbor cats decided to have a growling and yeowling fight this morning. The young one is small and feisty and the older cat is huge and more mellow. Both cats are young, but Shugs basically sleeps here and Sneaky comes to eat.

We get the Grandkids this early morn and it's off to Walmart for groceries.

I'm watching you!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

The two yellow/orange cats play-fighting to awaken us this morning were in our bedroom. We could only do their bidding and refull the food dishes in the kitchen.

Your garden looks inviting, even the cats, BP.

Thanks for the link to the native plants website, Pepper.

Heat advisory for another day--upper 90s again, but it should break tonight.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone!
I'm home and already working everyday...ugh! Everything was in order at home except for the tall grass in the lawn and many weeds in the garden. I have my hands full!
I had a great time with all the family together, especially with the new member!LOL He is too cute and already has a personality ! I enjoyed talking to him and he seemed to enjoy it too, looking with a wondering face at me!LOL Andreea and Ozgur are still learning to talk to him, but they seem to find it unusual...they will learn it soon, especially that the little guy cries a lot lately, so he will need some distraction. I told Andreea she needs to talk to him , sing and dance, whatever it needs to make him stop crying. They are all missing me already and we are missing them too, but what can we do? We are thinking of moving there with them if we can find a buyer for our house...would be great!
I have so much to tell you about my vacation...it wasn't much of a real vacation because I had to cook, drive, iron, do laundry, walk the baby, rock the baby...ugh, that was exausting , but Nicholas is such a sweet baby and grows so well , the views there were so great and we had such a wonderful time together that nothing else counted.
Everyday was planned while following Nicholas' feeding schedule. Me and Andreea were out together in the morning and in the evening with the baby, while the men were watching the soccer games...you know it's the World Football Championship in South Africa.
I drove Andreea's car here and there, mostly for buying groceries, but also for going to Lugano, a bigger town nearby(accross the lake). I especially liked the buidings built in stairs on the mountain, looked so great from above. I had so much exercise while walking up and down on those streets!LOL Also, the bars and terraces near the lake are so close together with those narrow streets, so the atmosphere seemed so intimate. All the people living there are knowing each other and say Hi to everyone.
Enough for now, I'm at work and need to start working!LOL We have a new President and he just came by for a visit. Take care of you!
I'm sending a few pics of my garden and lawn, just after we arrived at home. These were taken with the new Sony camera the kids gave me as a gift while I was there with them...it has 14.5 MP!!!!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

The lawn....I mowed it yesterday, but this is how it was when we arrived.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Adina those pictures are awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing them!

I thought I posted this morning but apparently not lol

HAPPY WAY BELATED BIRTHDAY RANN!!!!! I hope you had a great day, sorry I missed it!!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

H O T !

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Adina, the bees are probably mad at you for mowing their clover. Glad to hear you were able to be so helpful to the new parents and that you are safely back at home.

Celia, my Queen is right around 3 feet tall right now. I just planted it last year. It has a nice clump but so far no seedlings coming up anywhere. It will get taller and bushier but I want it too. lol. We have it at my old job too and it stays in place there too. We cut it down later in the year there. Very hardy and very pretty.

I see now that my cat picture didn't go thru. Must have been distracted. LOL

Today was really humid but we only reached 81. Humidity supposed to go away tonight and it will just be in the 80s tomorrow. No chance of rain I don't think.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Thunder in the background - but no much needed moisture.

(Zone 7a)

I see them now!!! LOL

We got rained on for about 5 minutes today. Didn't drop the temps one bit.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2010 7:58 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina nice to see you back!
What a Wonderful Vacation!
Love the photo albums.

HOT here today for sure!
94° w/ a H.I. of 104°.
We moved rock this morning.
Puttered w/ the plants the rest of the day.
Called it a day about 3:30.
Tomorrow we should see a temp of near 80°.
Hopefully some rain tonight or tomorrow.
So far two T-Storms have boiled up and fizzled before hitting us.
We're seeing lightning to the south but too far away.
There's currently a storm hitting Louisville but I'd say it's breaking up also.... errrrr!

We have though picked 3 quarts of beans this week!
Maybe tomorrow it will be cool enough to cook them...lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Oh very pretty!

Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Like the red admiral, Ric. We seem to be overrun with pearl crescents. They are cute.
We are finally getting the much-heralded break in the temp and much-needed rain. It was 94 here yesterday afternoon, only down to 73 this morning and rain moved in starting with a scattered shower just before 7:30. It is now coming heavier-- a blessing.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It IS cooler here but so far all the rain has missed us.
Seems to have been breaking up just before it hit downtown.
It is raining there now so hopefully it will hold together long enough to get to us.

Got a picture of a Question Mark Butterfly Weds.
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Great stories and shots, folks!

77.9 °F with 92º for the high. 20% chance of thunder showers.
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.00 in(Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 6.00 out of 12
Pollen Forecast new!
Clouds: Few 10000 ft
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4269 ft

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well we FINALLY got a bit of the rain.
1/2" in about 20 minutes.
Drizzling now.
75°

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Ric, I hope that you are sending the rain this way! It's pretty depressing here & still 90°. Not much cooling here, altho it's better than 97°, which we had 3 days running.

Thumbnail by music2keep
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Good news is we got rain!!!!
Bad news..... 85° (Heat Index 91°)

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

We are getting rained on.... for the 5th (?) day! Due to get more... I don't mind as my garden looks great now! It also saves me dragging out the hose! hahaha

My photo is from June 11 during our hot days.. I am so pleased with this as I've never had this Easter Tiger ST in my garden before!!

Thumbnail by cindylove
(Zone 7a)

Oooooo, he's pretty!

We got a few drops of rain. Just enough to get the furniture out there wet.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Rain! we got rain! probably to late for the garden.

Kinda hot but not too bad. Sunny with a slight breeze.

I grew this plant from seed thinking it was a passion vine. It's not. LOL. Does anyone know what it is? I need to move it but don't want to do anything til I know what it is.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Pic of whole plant

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Don't know Pep but it's DEFINITELY an interesting plant!

Cindy Congratulations! Great Shot!

We finally had two different showers.
The first around noon dropped 1/2" in about 30 minutes.
The second hit about 15 minutes after we joined our neighbors on their deck at 8PM.
Probably 1/4" more and a nice, but faint, rainbow.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

65° cool and dew wet! Going to warm to the high 80's today. We took the boys out to swim in their pool while DH did chores for DD. I dug out the old, old, bikini and got in the pool too. Heck, we're in the middle of no-where out there. Who's to see? I joked to the boys, "Look at my fat belly sticking up there." A few minutes later the oldest jumped on me with his inner tube. He said he needed some dry land. He's 6.

Sunfarm, they are adorable orange kitties, and yes, they ''bid!''

Adina, I'll bet it's hard to wake up to a quiet house. Nicholsa is going to miss you terribly. There might have to be phone calls so he can hear your voice. I so enjoyed your ''vacation'' thru the pictures and stories! The zinnias really grew and the lawn wasn't as bad as I expected. I'll bet you had a lot of bees. I'll have to come back to the albums. The boys are stirring already.

Cindylove, nice picture of the tiger!! Love the little zinnia too!

Pepper, the bloom resembles a silene or laurentia, but those leaves! Neat!

I'm glad someone is getting rain besides us.

~ ~ ~ to all I missed

Yeah, that's a snootful, LOL!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Irvine, KY(Zone 6a)

Rain total was 1.43"; we really needed that and the temperature which topped out just below 78. This weekend should be nice, with temps in the 80s and more rain next week.

Thumbnail by sunfarm
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Almost 80° clear & sunny with a lively breeze.

Last nights rain/thunderstorms leveled some of the tomato plants so I need to rescue some of the fruit before it rots on the ground.

Hot and sunny without much of a breeze.

Had my nephew today and man he was full of it today!! We were at Subway at one point and I had to literally pick him up and hold on to him to keep him from running in circles again. That boy just goes and goes and goes and does not stop!! LOL!!

Either Blackout or Mambo blooming. I can't remember which one is which. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Our neighbor loaned us his pressure washer so we finally got the deck and patio cleared of all the pond and construction mud.
Man it makes a difference.
They came over about 8:30 and just left.
It was nice sitting out by the pond. Temps were perfect, right at 70°, and a slight breeze.

Tomorrow morning we're probably going butterfly/dragonfly hunting again.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

70° and a chance of rain today. It looks like it's breaking up as it comes in from the NW. They say 100%.

Sunfarm, glad you got rain. That's a good amount. Pretty sedum!

Dyson, hope you saved the 'maters! Love the lively breeze!

Pepper, ROTFL!! Love the whichever lily!

Ric, those pressure washers are nice! Sounds like a nice evening! LOL over the hunting, but what a great shot! Love the blossoms peeking out, and it looks like the one on the left is falling.

We took the boys to the Riverfront Park yesterday. It's improved much since I was a kid. We used to put the boat in and go for a ride, or, go to the grandparents ''cabin'' on the breaks. That was a long ride when you were excited to get there, so sometimes we opted to ride with Mom in the car.

The boys had a blast running thru the fairly cold water.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

It was their first time there.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

The side jets came on every 15 minutes and didn't stay on too long. It made a pretty picture.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.