March Weather # 2

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread.
Somebody said I haven't posted in a while.
Your right I am busy.
You know morning coffee shop, watching tournament basketball games, etc.
Yesterday I went to a home show t a mall. Talked to a guy about foam insulation.
Also a guy that does about the same as we do as far as cabinets go. It's always nice to visit with them to exchange ideas.
This morning I sanded face frames for a bathroom job we have. Big vanity & linen closet. Son now went to start building the doors.
Stopped by a man in town & picked up down payment on the next job. Then he gave me a plan for a sun room on his house. That would be a nice little job for summer.
A couple of spots are showing grass. Been so long, I had to go & see what it was!
Still foggy & overcast. Almost a week now. Temp has been around 35º the whole time.
Bernie

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Ric, it's a good start on the shed. Too bad the weather got in the way. Looks like it's about 2 1/2 Wu's long :o)

Marsue, you and me both, bundled up! Nice large bloom on the hellebore. Smiling over the stick :o)

Celia, get well!! I have to giggle over your shelf buddies!

Adina, we both had orange moons! I took mine Feb 28th! Wasn't it gorgeous! Your own rain forest. Now that is a neat idea!

Kiska, pat, pat, pat. Bad old weather. The berries just made me smile!

Thank you Bernie! Where do you find the energy for all your projects? With the rain, we are greening up quickly in spots.

It's gloomy, windy, overcast and about 47°. Rain done for now.The mail already came, so I'm in for the day.

Aircraft goes over our house all the time. This was last May

Thumbnail by billyporter
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

A little (very little) over 60°, cooling rapidly.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Glad you're home, Dyson. Relax, eat right, quit smoking, or whatever you need to do. Yeah, easy for me to say.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PST on March 13, 2010
63 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 42 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the North

some pictures from today - bush poppy

Thumbnail by Kelli

walnut is starting to leaf out

Thumbnail by Kelli

Ceanothus spinosus is fragrant, especially when there are this many.

Thumbnail by Kelli

We don't see maidenhair fern very often.

Thumbnail by Kelli
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cold, wet and miserable today. Drizzle non stop with temps around 45 for a high though I think it's more like 40 for a high. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

36° F....... Dyson Dark.........windy and rainy. Rain expected through Mon. then back to SUNSHINE the rest of next week. The snow is GONE!--except for a trace here and there. I can't believe it melted so quickly but when you have days with 50° - 67° temps and sunshine like we did for almost a week ......... Flood warnings are posted for the area with streams cresting tomorrow evening.

Ric.........Looks like a nice sized shed. I really need to do something here. My garage is overflowing with lawn and garden gear.

Kelli......looks like yellow is the color of the day in CA.

billy.......No green here yet. It shouldn't be long though.

In a month or so I might be planting in the bed I made last fall.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: I could probably handle the dinosaurs but you can keep the mummy! LOL
Adina: lovely orange moon. Glad you enjoyed the link to the Rain Forest. Hopefully you will get some good ideas from it.
Bernie: it sure sounds like you have plenty to do!
BP: your weather sound like what we are having right now. We, too have aircraft flying over all the time. Cabot is within 10 miles of Jacksonville AFB which is a big C130 base. They make training flights constantly. If you live within a 30--50 mile radius of the base, you will see the C130's on almost an hourly basis if the weather is pretty. They also flew over our property when we lived in another county about 35 miles from here before we moved over here. They usually fly in groups of 3 or 5.
Dyson: you had a nice day, temperature-wise.
Kelli: more lovely wildflowers--love the color of that bright yellow bush poppy!
Pepper: I'll be glad for you when you can enjoy some pleasant weather. It sounds like you've had some pretty yucky weather lately.
EB: hooray! Your snow is gone! That's a lovely stone wall running alongside of the flower bed. I know you are eager to get plants into that bed. It looks like you've got some good dirt there!

I just took my dog outside and it was misting rain. 46°F on my back porch at 7:30 p.m.

Speaking of flooding: 35 states are under Flood Warnings or Watches now.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! :D Lots of excitement here today...it's called flooding. Mud slides/mountain slides. The New is really high.
We had a high of about 56° today. Right now it's 48° & Dyson dark.
Yep, Pepper..that be us!
Kelli, that Poppy is Stunning! :D It's saying 'Here! Look at me!' I love your walks.
Kiska, Love the lone berries. I can't believe they haven't been eaten yet! :D & yep, there is an RU the end of June. My 1st. & hopefully not the last. :)
Sally! LOL ~ '2 1/2 Wu's long'! LOL
E_B, Our snow is mostly gone, too. But I'm sending it to Ric...he can have it. btw, I loved your 'dirty snow pics! ;D Am anxious to see how your garden grows. :)
Mau, spring is here for you! and Crissy! (gotta have the cool mist 1st)

Gotta make like a tree & leave.... ;)
(The New River today)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I wish the existing pad had been bigger.... and square to the house.... and a bit more level..... lol!
But it will be just over 6' deep and 11' 6" wide.
All my tools will move into there.
I'll have the table saw on casters. Then if I need to do larger sheets of wood I can roll it outside.
Though any more I have Lowe's cut down the sheets to size. Cheap and easy.

Ric

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh yea ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Day

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Dyson, glad you are home! Get well soon.
Kelli, gorgeous pics! Never heard of a poppy bush, so cool!
Joey, that's scary! I hope it didn't get to your house!
Bernie, thanks for starting a new thread. You sure are busy!
Ric, with all your ideas you will need a new property!LOL
Mau, sorry for the bad weather. I bet Friday didn't like the walk too much!LOL
Sally, cool picture!
I took a few pics of my new sprouts from the garden. It's sunny and warm today...yiippeee!
My article about Martisor appeared today , if you want to read here's the link :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2824/

Hyacinthus.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Daffodil.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Foxglove.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

42° Dyson dark and breezy. The cat woke me up. It went from 4:30 am to 5:30 am as soon as we got the clocks changed. LOL

Kelli, bright yellow flowers are a welcome sight! I'd like to smell the hillside. What a pretty little fern! The moss looks nice and green too!

Pepper, it's a good day to stay inside :o)

Early, no snow! Now we wait for Kiska! I'm waiting to clean garages and sheds! I love the new bed! I have old squared off figure 8 foundation blocks I've been trying to stack tastefully in my head, but I sure like your rock!

Marsue, I never get tired of looking up when I hear a plane. We saw Pres. Bush's planes go over on 9-11. I don't think they were decoys and were they fast. Army copters go over a lot in the summer.

Pepper, close to flooding here!

Joey, that's on the edge of extreme excitement, LOL! Wow, river been up and down already?

Ric, laughing. When the high winds took our metal shed quite a few years ago, I made DH straighten the new one out. I draw the house and yard to square and it never was! I am an equal space person LOL! It will be gret to have all the tools out there!

Dyson, now isn't that neat! I liked Google's logo today. I thought it was a landscaping sketch, LOL!

We never did figure out what these planes were doing . This was Sept. 26, 2007

Thank goodness for notepad. I'm not sure where my posts are going, but third time's the charm right?

Adina, a hyacinth sprout? So pretty!

I think I forgot to resize my photo. Trying again.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Jackie, I forgot to comment about your picture ... poor berries!
Columbines.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Adina, sorry to get in the middle of your photos :o( Your plants look so fresh and welcome!

Hi, Sally! You got the clock changed? We didn't !
Ditch lily.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Glad to see you are online too, Sally! Here's a rose from under the plastic bottle, it has sprouts too!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A robin on the roof...it seems they are getting fat with all the seeds they are eating from the bird feeder I made for them!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Fresh food for the robins.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Our street and the blue sky.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The lawn.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Laughing, I got in the middle again. Dang this fast computer :o)

All lovely pictures! I'm smiling over your chubby robin, marveling over your rose sprout and amazed that your drifts have melted!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Interesting, Dyson... Google did it again today too, but last year's logo.

My creek is up, kinda like the New... but camera is dead.

Thumbnail by darius
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Adina, I just read your wonderful article. The trinkets are wonderful and I think it's a great celebration!

Here's a trinket for all. (At least the only thing I have a picture of :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

Sally, so cute! How about this one?

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Fog!
36º
Slept in today. Arose at 7:45 AM. (Daylight time.)
Looked out the window, a Robin! There is hope of spring.
Still lots of snow to melt. Flood warnings all over the state. This coming week could be a mess.
Going to take it easy today. Gophers play early afternoon. That's a much watch.
Bernie

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, Bright - must have rained sometime during the night. Hope it dries out enough to get some veggie starts (cool weather) in the ground today - peas onions and cauliflower.

51°

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I placed my seed order with Johnny's. 39 items for $217.00
I get most of my small seeds there. Large seeds, beans, peas, watermelons come from local source.
Tried to order pepper seed from Totally Tomatoes, but will wait until Monday. Need to call them as they have an error in their web site.
Still no sun here, although it has warmed a bit. 43º
Bernie

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

51°, windy and the sun wants to come out. I think we're going out like a lion already.

Adina, I love the snowdrop trinket! I saw it in your article and realized that's one reason why you grow them. All the trinkets were so neat!

Bernie, Sunday is a day of rest here even tho we are retired. A person has to set some time aside.

Dyson, your seedlings must have grown well if you can think about putting them out already. I've been wondering how you're going to solve your missing garden space.

Bernie, I don't know how you get everything done. Planting for the Market is a big deal all by itself! I saw your field plants on the Pepper forum. Wow! Very nice!

I'm on my second cup of coffee and listening to the wind blow. DH is watching an old movie, and it finally feels like a Sunday.

Good-bye Christmas Tree!

(I untied it this morn and stood it up across the road. It still smells good when brushed against.)

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 7a)

Somehow, I missed the new thread! LOL

Happy Pi Day, to all!!! Also, Herr Einstein's B-Day!!!

Adina, great pics and article, as always!!!

Papper, thanks for the get-well wishes. I am better but still coughing. What a cute little guy! What is he?

Mau, poor Friday! Ant new pics of him?

The snow is melting, thank goodness. It's very depressing.

38.2 °F with 45º for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 33 °F
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 29 °F
Wind: 7.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 17.0 mph
Pressure: 30.16 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft
Scattered Clouds 4800 ft
Mostly Cloudy 6000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

From the Vernal trip a couple of weeks ago.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

My sister-in-law lives next door and she is going to ask her landlord if I can use some space in her back yard.

I got all my seed from Seed Savers Exchange except the lettuce which came from Burpee & have some strawberry plants coming from Nourse.

46° F
Feels Like: 39° F
Wind: From NNW at 14mph
Precipitation Forecast
Past 24-Hr:
Amount: 0.02 in
Estimated as of 1:25 pm CDT
Today:
No Precipitation Expected
Next 6 hours: CloudyCloudy with temperatures steady or slowly rising into the upper 40s. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Flood Warnings for the Missouri River which is North of me about 12 miles. Currently at 18 feet and flood stage is at 17 feet. Several other flood warnings for Missouri and Missouri River listed.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Officials at the Ohio River Forecast Center predicted the river will crest at 53.3 feet on Wednesday. Flood stage is 52 feet.

This is Joey's snow and the rain east of us.

Our temps weather here was the same as Bernie's.
But for us it was considered cold and dreary! LOL!

Adina Lovely to see dirt there again!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

High of 42° F today. I got the sleigh, reindeer, angels and electric cords collected, dismantled and stowed away in the garage. Cloudy and overcast with a bit of rain this morning.

Ric......Don't blame it all on Joey! I sent you a bunch of water too!

Photo: Fall will be here before you know it!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yep you did E_B!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get some shots this week.
We were JUST in the Flood Zone last Monday.... wish I'd have taken some befores!

Ric

This message was edited Mar 15, 2010 11:10 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.