Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I like my Irish husband but that's it. it was very warm for a few days but now it's kinda brisk again.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie,warm weather is on the way, even if i now have snow on the ground.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I know, I know, I just can't wait!

Midland City, AL

Finally, got the medical insurance problems straightened out for J. and her children. We all went to the doctor today. One of the children had a virus and everyone caught it. Kay can’t talk. She still has her tonsils so it has hit her especially hard. The kids are beginning to settle into a routine and things are getting easier. 4-year-old V. loves flowers. He picks his Mom a bouquet almost every day. Luckily, we have plenty. LOL. He likes to dig so Kay already has him digging and transplanting Belles of Ireland. (They have a habit of coming up wherever the fancy strikes them.)
We borrowed your idea about using the dog pen for alternative purposes, Cando. Since the dogs have perimeter collars, we are setting up the old dog pen as a play space for the little one. I now understand how the term “terrible twos” came to be. He is a handful! By providing him with a safe, secure play space, we all get a chance to rest a little from trying to keep up with him. Vines covering the 12-foot hog wire fence should not only make it look better but discourage D. from trying to climb it. I don’t think he could make it over, but that doesn’t mean he won’t try. LOL.
I think we are skipping Spring and going straight into Summer. It is predicted to be in the 80’s next week.
The ladies tell me I have to get off this computer. It is the one V. uses to play Curious George and other PBS online games. It is amazing how quickly they pick up on operating the computer when it has been a part of their daily lives. (Jim)
v

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello friends. It has been a few days since I last checked in and wanted to report that today was the first day that I have not needed a rest and nap during the afternoon. I am slowly regaining my strength and stamina. I sure do apprecate you all keeping me in your t & p's. I am convinced that prayer is the only thing that pulled me through this ordeal.

Last weeks' weather was gorgeous, but we had rain over the week end, and the temps cooled off considerably. Although the sun is out and shining, there is a cool wind, which has prevented me from getting outside just to look things over.

I had taken a walk through all the garden beds about 10 days ago, and noticed that the weeds were coming up faster than the flowers. I was able to get out an put some Preen on the beds on Sunday, just before the rains came. Then after supper tonight,looked out the window and my DH was out in 2 beds with a hoe taking down some weeds, before they over took the garden. Bless his heart, I am so appreciative that he did that for me. Now maybe with the combination of the pre emergent, and DH's help, the weeds won't have a very big headstart. Surely by next week, I will be able to get out and about and do some very minor things. May not benefit the gardens as much as me, as I am really chomping at the bit to get out and get to work.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I'm so glad to see you back.Keep building that strength up.DH,s can be super sweet, usully when you least suspect it which makes it all the more special.
I went to the doctor today. Accidently Posted it on the Joy thread instead of this one. So i'll just say Blood pressure and blood sugar was way too high.That was what had been making me sick. Have new BP meds. Am on a sugar free jello,boiled egg and lettuce diet for a few days. Maybe skim milk added in a few days. Been told to moneter my bp and sugar.Gotta pretend i'm my own nurse. Will see doc in a couple of weeks if all goes well. The catarack surgery is also cancelled again. Am looking forward to feeling like a human again. Tomorrow i'll play in my big planters while i sit. Sunshine cures eveything.
I still don't know what 80* is. We'll hit the low 70,s tomorrow. My real pear is breaking out in buds. I sure hope they don't get froze back. They have the last 3 years.
Our weatherman said the third weekend in April is the time to plant everything.
Glad you found a comparativly safe place for the 2 yr old. Someday you may even look back and laugh and think this was a delightful time.(beleive it or not)
We went camping with our Gkids at about that age and i hid Easter eggs for them everyday for a week. I had more fun than they did.

edited to say... I forgot to say Eva Mae was in the hospital a few days last week. She semi passed out and could'nt talk but could hear. Shes doing ok and is back doing everything at home.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2010 11:47 PM

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Temps here ar egetting very nice. 40's at night and 60's -70 in day. Ahhh Spring!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thoughts and prayers for all of our ill and injured!

We are living the high life in a Comfort Inn (cough cough). They are tiling our bathroom with real tile, not leftover scrap/crap linoleum and doing the kitchen with "premium" linoleum, not the cheapest but the best (we figured that's the only thing that could stand up to the abuse of the 500lb electric w/c). And then as long as we're unable to use the toilet or come in or out, we had to leave the house.

You know how when you get a manicure they say "ok, it's dry" and then it smudges by the time you've left the salon? We figured this is like a VERY EXPENSIVE manicure, so we're giving it an extra day for all the adhesive, grout, sealer, etc. to cure before we go home. Purgatory!

Anyway, I brought my computer, so I'm fine, it's just not home.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, I'm oh so proud for you.Will you still associate with us? Can you do wheelies on your new floors?
Now just keep your motel curtains closed and pretend you are in the Bahamas.

Sheri, i'm jealous. We just barely reached 62...A very cloudy, damp, windy 62.All my spring flowers are blooming tho. I should be happy. When it is sunny. I have to go into town. I tried hard to follow doctors orders. I did take meds. but i failed to stay still and dug two iris up and fudged on my diet. Havent found my BP moniter or blood sugar moniter. Will look again tomorrow. BTW i just sit here and type online. Looking for moniters i have to reach,stoop, lift and get frustrated so much better off online for now. I'm depressed today which makes it hard to want to help my self.It'll get better.
They have'nt figured out whats wrong with Eva Mae.Shes completely back to normal.
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ugh, it's nothing like the Bahamas - the pool is closed and there's no beach. (Actually there is but I'm not swimming in it until it's been warming for about 3 years = never.)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, What is the river that runs into the bay at Boston? I have a great story to tell on my DH there.
He was 19 and did'nt hav a brain in his head. He and 2 other young army geniouses went fishing in a rowboat at the mouth of this river. The tide started coming in and they got in trouble. The waves started coming over into the boat, They were frantically dipping the water out with 2 cups. The boat almost capsized. But they finally made it to a landing. They were the luckiest people in the world and the dumbest.DH did grow a good brain later. LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

The Charles River into Boston Harbor? There are a lot of locks and stuff, though. There are other rivers - every river around here flows into the ocean. Coulda been a lot of different rivers. The Charles was so polluted, it didn't have fish 15-20 years ago, I think. They could have been way upstream on the Charles, there are landings and beaches but I think the tide still rises and lowers up there.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, This would have been in 1958. L-o-n-g time ago.Then we were there again in 63-65.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I bet it wasn't Boston Harbor proper, there is no beach there. But as I say, all the rivers empty into the ocean and go up and down with the tide, exactly the way you describe. I bet it was the Neponsett River, which empties into Boston Harbor. (It's near me, just south of Boston, that's how I know. There's probably something equivalent on the north side; I just don't know what it's called.)

Did you live here from 63-65? I was here then too ... of course I was just learning to talk and so forth, but still, I was here.

I was learning how babies are made - my sister was born in 1963 and my brother in 1965 and EVERY time, we read the SAME dumb books about the human egg which is as big as the period on the end of this sentence. The sperm is much smaller but there are zillions of them, and one lucky sperm, blah blah blah. Not a word about love or romance or attraction or even hormones or lust! Just mitosis and meiosis. I knew what was happening, technically, but not why. My parents were very modern for their day but still.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Yes i was there then. My youngest DD was born in Shirley,Just out of Devens in 64.So i had first hand experience about eggs and sperm. Now i can picture you as a sweet lil baby.
It was sometime during that period that the Boston Strangler was on the loose. I remember working in a hospital in ?????? up there and we were all afraid working at night because he was going after nurses.
I wish i could remember the name of the river and the town i worked at,
We did most of our shopping at Nashua NH. I don't remember why. It was a good size town and close by. That may be the only reason.
Hope everyone is doing ok.(((HUGS)))
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ugh, happily I do NOT remember the Boston Strangler, although of course I've heard of him and probably read a book or two.

Learning to talk in '63 - '65....talk about me feeling old. I was hoping to be a nurse then, Vickie. I sure do remember the fear of that Boston Strangler...ugh, Bad Guys..

All, be Blessed!!

Sheri

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Let's say by then I was learning to read, b/c I remember this book so well and I remember kindergarten and my baby brother coming home from the hospital. But I never thought about actual bad guys except wicked witches and dragons and evil kings. Nice to hear from you, Sheri!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Yes indeedy, I was reading those witches,dragon and evil kings to my 4 yr old DD. Her favorite was Rapundsel with her long hair hanging out the tower window,
Sheri, You are not as old as me are you.I was thinking you were about my DDs age. I'll have to treat you with more respect.LOL
Yawl reckon Jim and Kay are ok? They could be run ragged by the little one.
Vickie

I will be 59 in a few weeks. Feels pretty old to me. the last 10 years have really aged me.
But I am blessed and thankful to be alive and provided for.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

You are the age of my DH, Sheri! You're lucky you're not sleeping with me every night - I would drive you bonkers!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Carrie and everyone. I'm a friend of Carrie's migrating here from the NorthEast forum.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Welcome David! Folks, please give nice gentle hugs to my pal David. He was going to leave DG all together but I told him I hardly ever post in the North East Forum any more; I'm too busy down here with you good people. Now we might have to talk about gardening occasionally, though.... David is one person I have actually met in person, so I don't want to lose track of him!

It's cold and rainy with more flooding up here today -- I hope we have a better tomato season than we had last summer! Last summer was cold and rainy from April til October, then in November it turned to winter. In fact I WAS going to write an article called "The Summer That Wasn't" but I dilly-dallied until it became irrelevant. Maybe I should get started on this summer's version, though.

What does everyone think about 'global climate change'? Up here it is definitely not "warming" - I think it's been colder and rainier than usual for a few years now. That makes sense if you think about global warming => overall melting => more moisture in the air => more precipitation. It's warmer somewhere from 31.9 degrees to 32.9 degrees F so stuff that used to be frozen is melting and thawing, as if your freezer is on the fritz. And the milk and lettuce are freezing, meanwhile, because the thermostat is broken! (We in New England are the milk and lettuce!) There was ice on a puddle yesterday morning! I've been wanting to put the houseplants out for their summer vacation but not if it's still THAT cold.

well...it's supposed to be in the low 80's here th - sat, this week.
YIPPEE!! Spring!!
I love NC!!
^_^

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Dave a very big welcome. Now that the niceties are out of the way. Are you gonna help keep Carrie behaved or are you gonna misbehave too? LOL LOL!
Carrie, You could still write about the summer of 09. It is worth writing about and we really don't want a repeat.Nor the winter either.
What climatologists don't tell you is that climate changes slowly with hot years and cold years but a gradual shift to cold or hot. Truthfully i don't think they have a clue which way its going cause the climate people disagree with each other.LOL
I have'nt even considered taking my potplants out yet.
My spring flowers are in full bloom and my forsythia is glowing yellow. I'm digging up iris and planting them in large containers like my daylillys. I know it's the wrong time of year but i've got to get them out before the poison ivy puts on leaves.
I think i'm being protected. I have'nt broke out with PI. Please Lord.
I can only do a couple a day before i'm wiped out.
I have decided to try and get an electric wheelchair for outside. I can see my strength is getting less. It would be torture to have to stay inside all the time. I'm ok as long as i don't walk and bend and stoop and lift.Most of my stuff is now in containers i can reach sitting down, My GS is going to help me this weekend. Maybe i can finish up. I need a prayer guys. I hope thats not trivial. It means so much to me.
Saying that, i'm planning to drive down to Mississippi to see scraps next week. There's no work involved in driving. And i can take my time. It's the same distance as it is to my Texas DD. Both DD,s Think it'll be good for me. Traveling relaxes me and maybe this is what i need to bring my BP down. Anyway i know how to prepare.
Yor collective ears will be burning.HA HA.
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Be careful, Vickie, you need to get a very heavy-duty w/C to be any good outside. Here it is so wet and rainy in the spring that I can't use it outside. Before I had a wheelchair I had a scooter that was more like a tiny tractor - it was very tough and strong!!! If you're not going to be in it 24/7 you can probably tolerate a scooter (like the ones they have at the stores only better and stronger). The new ones dismantle to fit in your car, too!

Vickie - you are in my prayers! I want to hear all about your visit with Scraps too. I just can't help being a bit envious, though, as I would so dearly love to visit her myself. Alas, none of you are close enough for me to even hope to meet in person though.
Cyber hugs it'll have to be then!

Sheri

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Awe Birdie, That is so sweet! I would love to meet you too.I wish you could come too. I am so excited to get to meet Vickie soon. I just can't wait to see her in person. I hope I can help with the blood pressure by keeping her entertained with my good humor and spectacular personality.LOL. Then there is my hubs who is going to compare notes on hunting and fishing between Mississippi and Arkansas I am sure. So we will keep her entertained. We will keep you guys posted. I am not sure what inspired her to come down off her mountain in the springtime just to see me but it truly makes me feel honored. We might just decide to make a trip together and just visit all of you guys.
Goodnight and Happy Easter just in case I do not get back. Scraps

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, i'm seriously considering one. I manage to do well as long as i'm sitting in my chair, but walking much or stooping and bending wipes me out.than i'm done for the day.I did'nt know they had ones that dismantle. Thats what i'd want. I've been trying to call the 800 # but they must be doing good business. I've been on hold for 30 min, and hang up. Will keep at it tho. It can't hurt to look into it.
i'm so looking forward to meeting scraps. I wish all of us could get together sometime.
scraps sounds so much like good friends i've lost and she's nearby. They both are so much like people i grew up with, I just could'nt resist.
I'm gonna be tempting Jim and Kay with Arkansas festivals to get them this ways and work on everyone else too.
Birdie, You never know what the future holds for any of us. God may want us to meet for His reason and arrange it.
I think Carrie has the where withall to fly anywhere. SO WHO KNOWS?
Where are you Dave? Hope we did'nt scare you off. We're mostly harmless and good natured. Are you in the mountains? Mass has some awesome mountains. Makes my 2000 footer look like a big hill.
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Anywhere that JetBlue flies, that is, if DH will take me etc. etc. but it sounds like most of you aren't close to airports.

Vickie, the most important question, or at least AN important question, is who will be paying for it? If you can get a PT or MD involved, maybe Medicare would pay for part of it. Also a PT or OT can help with questions like "which models dismantle" and "how heavy are the individual pieces" and "how big/small are the pieces". Just make sure you know which company they're working for first - they should be working for you!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

The mobile chair company said they'd work with my doctor so medicare would pay for most of it. This was a tv ad. "This is a lets see what developes situation."I've no intention of going into debt."
My GS came up and put an AC in the storeage house for me so DD and hubby can stay cool.I've got to clean it and take a hotplate and coffee maker out tomorrow. Am almost packed and ready for my Mississippi trip to see scraps.
My mind is a total blank tonight. What is the name of our friend from Mexico. There was an Earthquake near her. We might need to remember her and her neighbor in our prayers.I wish my memory would'nt go blank on me sometimes.She was farther south of the earhquake so maybe she did'nt have any damage. I surely hope she did'nt.
I've got lots to do tomorrow so will get some sleep.....hopefully
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

katiebear. I totally forgot. My mind brought that up as soon as you said it but until you said it I had no clue that she existed. I hope she's okay.

I think Katie is on the Eastern side an the earthquakes more on the western. Not sure, but joining in prayer for her well being.

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

Hello again, Everyone. Remember me? LOL. As IO1 always put it, sorry to have been MIA so long. Good to meet you, Dave. I’m Kay. Welcome to the thread.
My computer was hijacked by a four-year-old computer geek who thinks he can’t survive long without his online games. Jim got an old computer system we had around working well enough to handle Curious George and other PBS online kid’s games. (I was really beginning to resent that monkey!) I finally got my system back. I’ve moved my computer to my bedroom and cleaned all the Gummy Bear goo off the keyboard. The house is a mess. I have no doubt there is Gummy Bear goo, jellybean sticky and chocolate bunny remains elsewhere I should be cleaning up, but I’ve decided to celebrate getting my computer back by spending a little time on DG.
We are expecting a record afternoon high of 89 or 90 today. I’ve skipped over more Spring planting and gone to Summer stuff. Tomatoes and squash are growing well. We may return to temps more typical for April soon, but I don’t think the swing will be so extreme the summer plants will suffer. .
With your breathing problems, Vickie, you might want to pack a safety mask for your trip south. The pollen count is extremely high. I’ve never seen it this extreme. It is now a common sight to see people wearing painter’s mask while out walking their dogs and the like. Hope it isn’t quite so bad in N. Mississippi. Sounds like a fun trip! My pet tomato, Romeo, is doing well in the topsy-turvy planter. How is his namesake? LOL.
We are moving raised planters around in the w/c garden to better utilize the space. We want to get more table type planters in. (They seem to be most people’s favorite type of raised planter. I also want to incorporate a fire pit into the shady west corner. You haven’t missed much. Mostly, we’ve been working on the boring, but necessary task of leveling ground and pouring concrete. We are still managing to move forward. Just moving at a slower pace with children here. Of course, the children’s garden areas have been bumped up in priority. Still running with Scraps original idea for one of the children’s areas. An outdoor “house” furnished with cast off appliances and household fixtures. Every “room"”sprouting fun and colorful plants. Shrubs and tall perennials make the “walls.”
Bridal Wreath Spireas, Dogwoods and the ‘Pride of Mobile’ Azaleas are the showiest thing in the garden at the moment, but it was the blooming rosemary that caught Jim’s eye when he was out in the garden with his camera. Hope everyone is having a blessed day. Kay*

Thumbnail by Amargia
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Thats what those blue flowers are. I got home just before dark and saw these blue flowers and could'nt place the plant. IT IS MY ROSEMARY. Thank You!!! I was amazed it made it thru the winter.
Your childrens house garden sounds like a childs dream. What do your little ones think of it? or is it to soon for it to have majic flowers?
I'm glad Romeo is doing good. My Romeo is doing exceptional. He has been settled with a good steady girl for a month now(probably a record) And has a new better paying job at Atwoods.This girl will really be good for Josh if he stays with her. It's his mom and dad that are coming down.
I remember going thru Alabama and Georgia and seeing those breathtaking azalias in bloom.Do you and Georgia have a thing about the color of your Azalias? cause i seem to remember one state had mostly white and the other mostly pink.
Vickie

Hi all, My "new" DELL puter had a CD/DCD drive problem, so I sent it back and said "forget it, do not ever send me another DELL product. We're talking a new Studio XPS with upgrades that make it an $1800 machine! Now they chould at least have excellent quality control for these. I am sick of DELL and do not recommend them to anyone! I'm glad that I paid the xtra for a 4 year extended warranty as I now have a much more sohiticated machine than the one I 1st got in "06, but I have had like 4 replacements due to deffective machines. Sheesh!!
OK...stepping off of my soapbox gripe podium now ^_^

My woodland shad garden is just popping up something wonderful with May Apple, Trillium, Sweet Woodruff, "Boo Lily" (which is really some type of small Iris, I think), Lily of the valley, Bleeding heart, Dwarf crested Iris, Maidenhair fern, and others that I cannot remember the names of. It is so exciting to see the little heads pop up. of course i also wish I had been able to give a good mulch cover as weeds and grass are also creeping in...but the birds all love it. I also have Viburnums and Sweet Shrub beginning to bloom.

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

Sheri, sorry you are having such a hassle with your computer system. If I didn’t have Jim to deal with all that frustration and a computer based business, I would have taken Vickie’s route long ago. (Can’t remember what they call that set-up but my seriously computer-phobic sister has it too.) I’ve heard Dell had a quality control problem for a while. Jim had to send one back also. The garden sounds gorgeous. I am having a little zone envy. I am still looking for that elusive lily-of-the-valley that can allegedly cope with our heat.
Bonnie, we are still thinking about you. Just because you don’t feel up to gardening does not mean you can’t check in and tell us how you are faring.
Vickie, I would think it was Alabama that had more of the pink azaleas. ‘Pride of Mobile’ is pink and has long been a popular cultivar in south Alabama. It is one of the few azaleas that does not melt in a sunny location and can bloom so prolifically you can’t even see the foliage for the flowers. The older white cultivars have a tendency to “bury” their flowers in foliage. I’ve heard Georgians say that makes them look “more elegant” These are the same Georgians who say that driving through south Alabama in spring is “like fallin’ into a bottle of Pepto-Bismol.” LOL. There might be just a teeny-tiny bit of competition between the two states as to who has the better azalea/dogwood trails. LOL.
It was a horrible day so I didn’t get your plants in the mail. Will do so in the morning. J.’s soon-to-be-ex was able to get temporary court ordered custody because of J.’s suicide attempt. V. went with the police crying and repeating over and over “I don’t want to go. Don’t make me go.” Have you ever tried to explain that you have no choice about complying with a court order to a 4-year-old? It was heart-breaking. Even the two police officers who did the deed were having a hard time with it. J., needless to say, is an emotional mess today. Jim isn’t much better. He became very attached to the children very quickly. The best Amargia can do for her is see that she gets quality legal representation.
People tend to see the worst in J. To use her as a scapegoat. J. has embraced the role and will just go belly up when attacked. Isn't going to happen this time, if I can help it. I intend to see that whatever decision is made is made based on the actual facts. There are no good guys and bad guys in this situation. There rarely are. Just messed up people who try to do the right things and messed up people who have just given up trying. Neither Mom nor Dad is capable of caring for the children alone. But, “It takes a village to raise a child.” J. has a village. Ex- does not. And, there is the simple fact that both boys want to stay with their mother. J. may be a danger to herself, but not to the children. The boys set the house on fire while ex- slept the last time they were solely in his care. They are hyperactive. They are always getting into things they are not supposed to. They are the sweetest little guys you can imagine. Please keep them in your prayers. God knows who they are. Kay*

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Kay, I just popped in here to see what all was going on and Wanted you to know that all of you are in my Prayers. I hope things work out for the best especially for the kids. How tramatic it would be to get taken away from one's mom. You are right God knows who we are praying for. Scraps

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Kay, I have been reading and keeping up. I am much much better, but came down with bronchitis,and have taken one round of antibiotics, and am on my second one. The pollen is bad here this spring, and I am think that part of this crud is allergies. I still don't have much strength, but am able now to work about 3 hours a day, then have to call it a day. Now mind you this is not HARD work, but doing a bit of weeding, sowing some seeds, getting my planters on the deck ready to put flowers in, etc. I am doing the cooking and laundry, but not much housework. My DGD came on her spring break (she is 14) and stayed with me a week, and she really was a help with things in the house I have not been able to do. DH has turned into a WH (wonderful) and helps me tremendously. I knew he had it in him, he just hadn't had an opportunity to really show me what he can do around the house. I thank the Lord everyday for being alive first, and then him providing me with the help that I need to keep the house functioning. We still need to work on him paying bills and sorting through the mail. When I came home from the hospital after being gone 8 days, the stack of mail resembled a small mountain. He says he is allergic to paying bills!

I was so touched by your telling about the children being taken away from their mother. I don't know who you are talking about, and it doesn't make any difference, I certainly will be praying that this family is restored.

When I was researching computers, 2 years ago, I considered buying a Dell, but then a friend told me the problems she had had and I immediately scratched them off the list of possibilities. I have always had good luck with Gateway. I bought my granddaughter an Acer, after researching the company and found out they own Gateway. It is a cheaper made computer than Gateway, but still a good machine.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I don't post much, but I still am around to read and keep up with what you all are doing.

Midland City, AL

I could respect a man willing to go to such lengths to protect his children if he honestly believed they were in danger. But, this man KNEW the children were fine. Happy and thriving. He just did it to hurt J. and to recover what he seems to see as his possessions. I would like to make the judge who signed that court order live in the circumstances the children will be living in. X. has had so many DUI’s he can’t get a driver’s license. He has a history of violent outburst. I’m offended by the sheer stupidity of it. Someone did not check the facts! I had to listen to those boys crying and watch the way they clung to their mother. I’m not making the slightest effort to rein Kay in this time and I don’t have the slightest hesitation about writing out the checks to the lawyer.
Everything seemed too noisy when the boys were around. Now, the house seems too quiet. LOL. Unfortunately, X is not demanding custody of Stella-dog. She and Kay were debating the landscape design today and Stella won the debate. K. wanted to put in a tree holly and move a nearby hydrangea. Stella did not like the idea and would pull up the holly every time Kay turned her back for a moment. Kay decided to put menthol rub on the plant as soon as it was in the ground thinking the strong smell and taste would deter Stella. But, as soon as Stella was let out of the pen, she went and pulled the Holly up. Kay gave up after that and put the holly elsewhere. Evidently, Stella approves of the new location. She hasn’t bothered it. LOL. We concluded she does not dislike holly. She just likes the hydrangea where it is.
11 months of the year, my feelings toward Spirea range from indifference because it is such a bland looking shrub to slight dislike when it needs pruning to keep its fountain shape. But, in April……
Photo: Spiraea prunifolia ‘Bridal Wreath’

Thumbnail by seacanepain

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.