Compassion for Handicapped Gardeners #10

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I like the color too. And I agree with Debra about green and white or cream.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Jim, I think you are right about the tendency toward violence being negated or reduced by structured training. My sister's grandkids have a lot of anger toward their mother because of her mental illness. The two younger ones, girl 10 and boy 12, started to exhibit some physical behaviors, so we put them in karate. The self-discipline and channeled use of that energy made a complete turnaround in each child.

Hope you like the picture. Four of the five Rose of Sharons are blooming now. The previous house owners trimmed them into tree form and they are beautiful. This white one feels very calming and serene.

Carrie, my kitchen counters are about just a little lighter than that shade and I love them with the white cabinets and appliances.

Debra

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
(Debra) Garland, TX

Jim, colors like those in my kitchen floor might go nicely with the wall color and damp it down some if you wanted an "earthy" feel to the room rather than something tropical. ('Course, you get to see the littlest dog ZuZu with the floor, but she's nice, too. :-)

Debra

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I wrote an article about blue and orange together that you might find helpful, Jim!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2840/

Midland City, AL

Can I have the pretty pooch as part of my new decor. lol. I'll see what it looks like after I finish the floor. Right now the floor has a primer coat on it that is bright white. That may be throwing off my preception of the color. It is called 'Chutney' and I did like it in the paint store.
Thanks, Carrie. I found a sort of muted blue-green that I think combines with it very well. I'm sure the women's fashion industry has a name for the color because there is a lot of it in DW's closet. A dark, muted teal is the only way I know to describe it. If the paint store can reproduce that color it will both tone it down and compliment it. Will my dear wife be upset if I take one of her dresses to the paint store? Can a straight man be a successful home decorator? lol. For the answer to these and other questions you never thought to ask, tune in to the next episode of the Wild World of Amargia. (Jim)

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Jim, you are such a hoot sometimes! ^_^

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I think it is time for a new thread. So I'm off to make a new one for us. Hope to see everyone there.
GOD bless and keep each of you.
EvaMae

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

New Thread-
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1101129/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.