Compassion for Handicapped Gardeners #10

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Birdie Blue/ Sheri, I tried to send a picture of my blue bird houses but I messed up and sent a picture of my red lillies/ hardy amaryllis. The bird houses are on the next post. I came back and edited because I goofed it all up. I do not do the pics very well I am a computer dummy. It should be simple says my 19 year old. I have been moving these red lillies around for years but if I had to choose a favorite they would be it.

I painted the bird houses blue because that was the only paint that would work outside. But the blue birds must have thought they were made just for them. they moved in immediately and have been busy as beavers setting up house. It is not a very close shot of them but you can see them. have a happy day sheri. love ya, scraps

This message was edited May 9, 2010 4:55 PM

Thumbnail by scraps
Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

I am so sorry birdie, But I wanted to send you a picture like Carrie said and I mixed them up and had to edit. The bird houses are behind the coreopsis and purple dutch iris'. I could not get the birds in the picture because if I got close it scared them away. I always think of you when I see my birdies.

Hello everyone, I went to see mom at the nursing home and it is always so hard to leave her there thinking she is getting out and coming home soon. So if you get a chance to tell the mom in your life how much you love her then do so while you can and she can understand it. My DD that lost her baby in march will not answer her phone and would not go see mom with me and she ask that I not push her on this so I am worried about her being seriously depressed. Please say a Prayer for her. Love and hugs scraps

This message was edited May 9, 2010 5:03 PM

Thumbnail by scraps
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, steph, I have been trying to imagine your place for so long; it is wonderful to see it in real life! I love the blue bluebird houses! Now, just how hardy are those "hardy amaryllis"? Because I want some!

Also holding your DD in my thoughts and prayers.

This message was edited May 9, 2010 6:53 PM

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Birdie Blue. Happy Mothers Day to every one.

I've been really tired all day. I got to church but spent the whole afternoon in bed. I still haven't done anything. I do need to run the vacuum sweeper immediately tho so this will be short.

Good contacts today with the 3 children of the 5 I have relationships with. The other 2 and even these 3 sometimes give me empathy for those of you with bad relationships with children.

Vickie, you really need an attorney from here on out. Don't tell the children about it, just get one and stay connected to him/her. Talk to the sheriff of your country about the situation. Get to know judges in the local courts and let them in on what is happening to you. You may get some free advice and someone on your side in case there is a legal battle. At least it will be on record that you have been to them to talk about it.

I personally need roots but the travel trailer idea does sound appealing too. My sister and BIL use to go on long trips all over the country before he got so sick and they had to stop.

GOD bless and keep each of you.
EvaMae

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Good advice, EvaMae!

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Carrie, The plant files said USDA Zone 6a: to -23.3 °C (-10 °F)
It is st joseph hardy amaryllis I think. I tried to look it up and that was the closest one to what I have best I could tell. I will send you a few seed pods after they pop out and dig you up a bulb. the bulbs are big and would take a huge box to send many. But in plant files someone said they had planted seed and had good results. I know they multiply pretty well. I just gave several away in a trade with a friend. They are as precious as gold to me because my mom gave them to me. I think you could keep indoors in pots during winter if you have to because of the cold there. I will add some new pictures to my blog or journal and you can go look at them I think. Just let me know if you cannot find it and I will add some here. I am so bad at it I hate to add pictures. You need to zap me some computer knowledge.LOL. I have none. off to my blog I think.Scraps

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Scraps, I loved your picture.Your lilys are beautiful. Bluebird house too. Those bluebirds are saying "It's about time someone painted our houses the right color."
Prayers and hugs both for your DD. This must be so hard on her specially with her dh,s attitude.Why do people have to be so ugly to others? What can they possibly gain?
I went into Clarksville and went to the Methodist church this morning.There are'nt any Methodist churches anywhere close up here. I'm so glad i did, it was almost like coming home.I did some serious praying. I picked up a salad and went to a park on the river and ate and just kinda thought for awhile.and came to a decision. The ideas from you guys have taken root and i'll adjust to fit me. I'm going to get a neighbor get my camper out of the barn and look it over and decide if i can fix it. I'm shooting for leaving in September for a trip across the states to every state.Since it's september i'll stay south for the winter,than go North.There is a 90 year old woman in Australia driving all the way across Australia. Why not me driving across North America.I've always wanted to do something like that and write about it. The preacher Joel Osteen says "When God shuts one door he always opens another one." I've never been to the Northwestern states,and Oregon has lots and lots of flowers.
There are lots of things i have to work out but nothing seems undoable. I'm 70 years old but i've a couple good years left. Why not do something i love.Who knows maybe at 90,I'll drive across Australia.
My first concern was "What about my computer friends and computer." But almost all librarys have computers one can use. Maybe Gods blessing??? Next week a series of free computer classes for seniors is starting.

I can't mess around about getting my eye surgery either.

Jim and Kay, You have to come now. I've got flowers that need a loving home. I've got some old fashioned lilac saplings. They do smell nice. They just quit blooming. All my Daylillys in pots will go to neighbors.
Scraps, I need to take a trial trip to see how things go. Can i aim for your house again. I'll bring flowers.I'll have to bring my little dog and cat and camper.
So much to do and so little time. But hey guys, I feel alive.
Jim, or anyone, Will a 2006-6 cylender Grand Prix Pontiac pull a pop up camper? I don't do pickups.
Goodnight all, I'm too excited for happy to sleep.
Vickie

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Sheri! I still count you among the Granny Goons, even if you’re not a bio-Granny. (I think we should only require Granny Goons to have reached a certain level of maturity.) What did Elvis and Dogwood give you for Mother’s Day? LOL. Fenny and Taterdog just gave me a hard time. I got the usual phone calls from my daughters. 4-year-old Victor made me a paper snowflake. 2-year-old Dylan made me a….well, I’m not exactly sure what it is….but it was my Mimi’s Day present and he was very proud of it so it is displayed on the refrigerator door along with the snowflake. . It must be nice not to be required to attach strange things on your refrigerator. .
Vickie, Jim says a pop-up shouldn't present any towing problems for your car. We both say you've got to put Amargia on your itinerary.
Does Miss Kitty travel well? Catherine, the cat, freaked the first time she rode. But, after a while, she would just lie atop her carrier and look out the window.
Carrie, did you know there is a view of your street on Google maps. When we were checking the spelling of your street, we discovered that. Just Google your own address, when you get Google maps, zoom in. A photo of your street will come up. The man who wrote “1984” had it right. He was just wrong about the year. “Big Brother is watching you!” LOL. We’ve had visits from two census takers in the last few days trying to get the correct house numbers pinned down to physical locations. It seems as off-the-beaten-path as Amargia is I guess people will be able to Google us soon.
Scraps, I will say a prayer just for your DD. The day must have been hard ON her. Hopefully, it will start getting easier from this point. J. had a bit of a meltdown after we returned the children to their father’s house. That’s why I’m up so late.
Leaf, good to see your post.
Katiebear, are you doing okay. My Momma always said it is the quiet ones you have to watch. :-) Kay*

Thumbnail by Amargia
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, I know, the red van you can see is the one I drove into a fire hydrant who was jay-walking. Now I have a blue van and matching blue front doors.

It's not so much that the government or Google knows whether we ever use the garage for the car (no room) but they know what we think and feel and say! That's scary. And they draw their own conclusions. Even scarier.

Vickie, I think that's a splendid idea. Don't rely on GPS; get a AAA road atlas! August in Boston in time for our anniversary, August 21? Just let me know. I know an elderly couple who did that for 3 years - went to Canada and Europe too. Vickie, you should start a blog, for sure!! Like the lady in the movie Paulie, except you're not blind and you won't have a heart attack. You will stay healthy by all the walking around you'll do sight-seeing. Vicariously, for me.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Vickie, you are welcome here just let me know when so I can throw another piece of meat on the grill.LOl. By the time you visit each of us your girls will be missing momma. All of us are spread out enough to make it a fun trip. I will do like I told jim and stow away for the ride. Off to do yard work. scraps

mulege, Mexico

Hi Everybody,

I'm in Chula Vista. Made the trip late last week. Five hundred plus miles on two-lane Mexican roads plus eight miles on the four lane highway from Enscinada to Tj. One near-collision but mostly uneventful, just very tiring so I'm sleeping a lot. HOpe the last of my packages come toady so I can head home.

I was on the road for several years after my Mom died about twelve years ago. Wasn't sure where I wanted to be. It was OK but I'm really glad to be where I can put down roots now. I'm ridiculously proud of my schotia tree which I grw from a seed and is now about thirty feet tall - hard to do in a camper!!

Vickie - I echo the advice to get yourself an attorney. If DD's property was a gift to her, ask if the attorney can find a way to attempt to recind the gift. Even if it can't be done, starting the proceedings might slow her down. Follow your attorney's advice but it seems it might be time to strike back rather than endlessly defending yourself. When the apartment where I lived in No. Ca. was sold and I had to move I had an attorney who would give me the errands to do to cut down on the work I had to pay her for. Maybe you could do something like that. Good luck on it. I think you'll find someone.

More soon.

hugs all around, katie

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, You really have to watch out for jay walking firehydrants. They are a menace.
Today i worked on cleaning house.Twas rainy and tonight we're under a tornado watch till midnight.The pastor of the Methodist church called me and welcomed me to come back.
Have group therapy tomorrow. Don't think we'll have the planned picnic with rain forcast.
It has been dry and the flowers welcome the rain.

I've sent for maps and tourist info from Tenn.Georgia,Kansas and oklahoma.
I feel drained emotionally today.
Have a good night all.
Vickie

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone, My brother the alcoholic came to stay for awhile.I am not sure how long. He will not stay too long because he does not like to work too hard these days and I worked him pretty dog gone hard today. I had to buy beer because he has spent all his money and will not get more until his ss check gets here. I cannot afford that so I thought I would get my moneys worth. We worked all day. While I did dishes and fixed hubbys lunch he wash my car. then we hauled flowers, firewood, brick, more flowers. i had him water my yard and moved a few more flowers. LOL I love cheap labor. His truck is out of gas so he either bums money from someone else or he works for me. I will buy enough to keep him from going through DT's for a few days and then wean him down slowly. Or work him so hard he will find a way out of my house.LOL I just wanted you guys to know I may not be online much and why. There will not be much time except late at night maybe. I have indoor chores too. I once made him pick butterbeans after a car wreck and a drying out period at my house and he begged people to come get him. I will see how long he last this time.It only took 2 days of buuterbeans. I hate it is so early in the garden season. I love you guys all and did not speak to each seperately because I am in a hurry. scraps

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Steph, Is that wise? I guess you know what you are doing, it sounds like you've done it before! Good luckk!!!

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi all,
My computer would not get online on Sunday. AT&T fixed the line monday morning. I am catching up on everything today.
Thank you all for so many Birthday good wishes. My online friends really mean a lot to me. I am having a difficult time getting out of the house again. Just laying around feeling down. What a waste of good time! I muct do better. Poor ole Elvis rings his front door bells a few times each day trying to motivate me into teking him for a walk. Even a short one to the end of the drive thrills him. I need to take his advise. Think I'll do that right now.

Sheri

Scraps - I have never seen a RED day lily before, and would really love one. Maybe come falll after they have bloomed and are going dormant you could send me one. I could send the postage for one of those low rate USPS boxes.
Your yard looks lovely with all those lovely flowers and the pretty Blue bird houses!
Love,
Sheri

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Sheri, Hope you manage to get out and about a little. How is the healing coming?
Steph, Good for you! Work that man good.
I guess everytime i get on line my plans have changed. My friends in town suggested i just move to town awhile before i see the USA. That sounds easiest to do for now.
Jim and Kay,Still want you to come. If i don't find a place i may still be up here and if not We can still come up cause i've got flowers to give you.
When we moved up here i just let God work things out and we worked what came our way. I'm going to do that again.
Was Stephs red lillys Daylillys or another lilly(that i can't think of right now.)Maybe Amarylis.
If i stay in Clarksville, I can keep my 40 daylilly containers. and some iris.
I've lost the Arkansas things but if i can't find them Jim, I'll get some more.

Midland City, AL

We will be there, Vickie, if, that is, you don't think you'll become to cosmopolitan to associate with us if you are living in town. LOL. I'm sure you and Kay can find a place to go "Braille-ing" on rocks and "rescuing" plants. I'll bring my camera and the bail money. :-)
Elvis has got a doorbell, Sheri? I want one of those. Our dogs whine or, worse, go scratch at the door when they want out. (Jim)

Hey, Scraps. Does Kudzu grow in your area? The reason I ask is that is an inexpensive treatment for alcoholism. As I understand, what it actually does is make the body more sensitive to alcohol. You don’t drink nearly as much to get a buzz. Have you ever noticed that alcoholics can drink everyone else under the table? That level of tolerance is, in fact, a good indicator that someone will be prone to alcoholism. Alcohol just makes me sleepy so that is one problem I’ve never had to face personally. But, I’ve had to deal with it a lot second-hand.
I would also lock the “DustOff’” for your computer or any similar cleaning products in the liquor cabinet. It is something I would advise everyone to do who has pre-teens teens or even older people with a history of substance abuse problems to do. “Dusting” is one of the newer ‘get high” fads that many parents and grandparents aren’t up on yet. Some medical people aren’t up to speed yet either. It started out as just one of those weird kid things, but older people have started doing it because many employers now do random drug screenings. That someone has been ‘dusting’ doesn’t show up on drug test. And, of course, these cleaning products are easy to get hold of and perfectly legal to possess. “Dusting” can be fatal. It can cause suffocation. Just something I thought you should be aware of in case you don't already know about it.
Sheri, sometimes it is like that law of physics. “A body at rest tends to stay at rest. A body in motion tends to stay in motion.” LOL. Sometimes, it is a real battle of will for me to get up and going. I feel overwhelmed by everything that needs doing yesterday. I just try to focus on a single task that is quickly do-able. That gets me moving anyway.
Vickie, we will work on setting you up a micro-house and a little garden here so you can eventually use Amargia as a “second base.” There is already hot and cold running water in the space, but you will have to put up with sharing the NE corner of your garden with the guys. Since we’ve got some white in to the space to lighten it up and some pink to brighten all the burgundy and wine foliage, their garden really is kind of nice. Maybe, YOU can talk them into painting the black wall?
Hugs to all. Kay*

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Kay, I have a similar reaction to booze - it makes me pleasantly sleepy. Even before I was taking knockout levels of meds, I didn't get drunk. I just got REALLY sleepy. Definitely a party pooper. Saves everything.

Yeah--Doggy dorbell is just a few jingle bells where the dogs nose can bump them. I saw some advertised somewhere online a few weks ago for $25. Shew! I just happened to have Christmas decorations up when Elvis was a puppy and so when the door got opened, he heard the bell. then when he learned to go to the door to "tell' me he needed to go out, the bell just naturally got bumped. When we travel, which is rare, I take one of his bells with to hang on the door that he needs to use. He always lets us know!!
Being a Poodle, he is so smrt that he knows the back door is potty, but the front door means we are going somewhere!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Heres one lil ole lady whose never heard of dusting tell me all. Do they dust and smell? Also never heard of dust off. I use pledge or lemon oil,Windex for glass.Have i been missing out? LOL
Jim, I'd hardly call Clarksville cosmopolitan.Or as we say in Arkansas,cityfied.ROFLOL
We've got kudzu somewhere around. Tho the county had a destroy kudzu campaign going on a couple years ago. I've got several people i'd like to feed it to. Is Kudzu going to be the next miracle drug?
A little bit of alcohol makes me sleepy too. When we were in Turkey we had to go to a few cocktail partys. I could take one drink and nurse it all night.Actually i can nurse a plain diet coke all day.LOL
That's sweet of you to save me a place,With running water no less. Am looking forward to the visit.Can't wait to see you here and the condo is still yours.All Arkansas rocks are waiting with anticipation for a trip to Alabama. Will work on idea for black wall.
Jim, I have a black iris for your garden. I need to get out and mark what color iris are while they are blooming.I don't seem to have any energy the last couple of days. Guess i need to push myself harder.The extra high humidity is'nt helping.
Sheri, I have bells on my front door so i know if someone comes in.No i never lock my doors. Your dog is very smart but your cat is smarter she could ring a bell but she knows it's easier to sit and meaw till you get the idea or so i've heard.LOL
Steph, Katie and Bonnie what are you guys up to?
Vickie

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Vicke, your plans sound great but i am so sad you won't be including a trip to New England! :( I used to always have a bell in the front door until my ex ripped it off, saying it was so I could tell when he was gone or when he was coming home so I could hide the evidence (of what?)!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, I tell you that i never know just what i'm going to do or where. Just i've no intention of staying up here. And i'll start by moving to town first.
Hugs
Vickie

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello Everyone, Just had a moment to pop in and check on you guys. The deal with my brother is working well. I am just trying to help him get his drinking under control. he will not agree to quitting so I plan on working him until he is too blame tired to sip on a cool one. I have gotten him from over a case a day doen to 10. I just do not know what to do with the hard headed old goat. His girlfriends sister died so luckily I had him doing some better so it will not make him too sick to stay sober for a funeral. He is broke and makes way more a month than I do so if he stays here I will have to take his check and help him save it or something. Anyway I wanted you guys to know I am just keeping him busy so do not worry if I don't check in often. I will cure him or he will leave here and will not be my problem anymore. I can't deal with this junk long. Love you guys and Thanks for listening.

Kay, we do not have the kudzu near us but if I did I would try it for sure. with my luck it would just give him a better buzz. I have been through this several times and when I get him dried out a little he takes off. I thought that he could not go anywhere because he said he was broke and his truck had no gas but he left in it to go to the GF's house. He said he had $3 and that would get him there. That is only a gallon of gas nowdays so I think he bummed money from the GF. Pray for me to have answers in this situation. I begged him to go in for treatment. Scraps

Vickie, here's a link on Dusting. It was written by a police officer who lost his son to the habit. He explains it better than I can. Dust-Off is just compressed air used to blow the dirt and dust off delicate electronic components and to clean between the keys of computer keyboards. It is similar to what they used to call "huffing." Ironically, it is more dnagerous because people believe it is harmless. They think it is just air in those cans and how can air hurt them. I can tell you from what I've seen that it is. at least. psychologically habit forming. Jim picked up on what was going on with J. before I did because the military has known about it a long time. It was something he was taught to watch for with avionics trainees. It was a new one on me, however.
Thanks, Sheri, I will have to make a doggie dorrbell. I have some Christmas jinglebells in my craft supplies I couldn't think what to do with. .I don't know about Stella-dog and the aptly named Miss Potatohead, but I bet Fenny could learn to use it even if she isn't a poodle. LOL. Kay*

Duh-h-h.
http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/dusting.html

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Good grief how awful. I'll e-mail it to people i know.That poor man. and he's an Arkansas state trooper.
steph, having alcoholics in the family, It is amazing how ingenious they are to come up with money for booze.My prayers and thoughts are with you. I had just a taste of having drinking around and i for sure don't want to repeat. You are a SPECIAL PERSON.
A councelor is going to get yvonne and i together and see if we can come to an understanding with the councelors intervening.Right now i don't trust Yvonne but we'll see. My plans are on hold.but i'm still looking for a house or mobile home.

mulege, Mexico

I'm home safe. Dogs very happy to see me and I have the van almost unpacked.

Building up lots of muscles just in case Vickie need a little extra help.

katie

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Glad you're back Katie. Tell us all when you get rested. Did you get any goodies?
We grannygoons are going to be muscle bound after all this gardening.

Midland City, AL

How was the trip, Katiebear? I'm curious. How many dogs do you have now? We are up to three large beasties here.
Kay is always trying to convince southerners they should use kudzu. Since we are stuck with it, she says, we might as well learn to use it. The flowers and young leaves are edible. The roots are used to make a thickener something like arrowroot or cornstarch. They make kimonos out of kudzu fiber in Japan, but Kay tells me because the fibers are irregular it can't be machine woven. That is probably why kimonos made of kudzu fiber are so expensive. It has been used to treat alcoholism and to prevent hangovers for thousands of years in Asia. The next time Kay makes up kudzu powder, I will send some your ways, Steph and Vickie. Even if you can't get your brother to use it, Scraps, you can always use it to make gravy. Maybe, you could make your brother lots of potatoes with gravy? :-)
Have you played that esoteric game in Group yet, Vickie? Where you have to follow "I" with a verb that describes you. Like, I feel, I think, I believe, etc.…… It was decided that “I understand.” The best one we could come up with for Kay was “I utilize.” LOL. (Jim)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Fascinating about the uses for kudzu - I always thought of it as a worse-than-annoying weed. I like your game, Jim. "I utilize!" I would probably be "I create."

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I may get even with my DD and go dig up some kudzu and plant it here. I keep eyeing it as i go by. Maybe it'd crowd out the poison ivy.I don't want to lose my Virginia Creeper tho. I love those vines. I always thought kudzu was a curse too.
I so agree with Kay. If it has a use and you can grow it or find it wild. Use it.
Kay do you make your own anything else?
We don't have an organized group therepy. We go in and talk about our problems or good things. We have cookouts at a local park on the river sometimes. We are mainly people who don't get out much and are depressed and have trouble talking about our problems.Most of the group are way below povery level and can't afford anything.Even grocerys sometimes.
LOL Jim my "I" would be I want to understand but never understand it all. I've been thru all those games. When i first started therapy in the 70,s. The big thing was the pyramid of needs and love was not on there. I fought it all the way. I'd read about some rhesus monkeys that had been deprived of love and comfort as babys. They grew up complete unhappy misfits.But you know it was 10 years before the people in the know came around to that way of thinking.
Have you ever gone around and discussed what kind of person you were as to passive,agressive, or passive aggressive. I'm passive agressive. I'm passive, just don't get me riled.LOL

I forgot to mention Assertive. The correct way to get along. LOL

This message was edited May 15, 2010 11:21 PM

mulege, Mexico

Good Morning everyone,

I llike the "I utilize." Tony and I have a little game of sorts - we could call it "Don't throw that in the trash!". Each of us has been know to pull the other's discards out of the trash - and later proudly show off what they used it for.

On my trip I got the supplies to finish brown bagging my bedroom. It uses a particular wallpaper paste which has recently become very hard to find in Ca. I had to order some online. Don't know what I'd do without the Net. Also other supplies - a felting machine for me, DocMartens for Tony, craft stuff for Tony's wife and daughter and the latter's two close girlfriends. I also got myself a bunch of 10 gallon totes for my craft stuff. There's so much dust here I could dust full time and still not keep up with it.

The trip also gave me a chance to rest up from the three-week flu. I was blessed to have no car trouble. When I tired of shopping, price comparisons, etc, I just stopped and read a book. Got most of what I wanted to. I arrived home much less worn out than ever before. I'm still a little tired but not worn out. This is Tony's day off so I can spend some time thinnking and planning. He had a stomach bug while I was gone and "confessed" he left an hour early one day.

I used to have a book about Kudzu. It's used a lot in parts of Asia. I have not even considered planting it here - not the legacy I want to leave Mexico.

Off to do a little work.

hugs, katie

Very wise, Katiebear. I'm sure the Mexican government would be grateful, if they
knew. LOL. I bet the book was "The Book of Kudzu". That was the source of a lot of my information. It is a pity kudzu is so aggressive, it is actually a pretty plant. But, I would agree with the southern writer who called it "a green cancer." I just think using it up would be a good way to rid ourselves of it. This is one time when I wouldn't object to using up a natural resource. I've never had anyone say "no" when I asked if I could have their kudzu. LOL.
Vickie, that sounds like good group therapy. I would definately say Jim is passive-aggressive. He doesn't like to risk offending people or hurting their feelings so he lets things go too far sometimes before he acts. The psychologist would probably classify me as aggressive. A thought out and highly controlled and directed to a certain purpose sort of aggressive, but nonetheless aggressive. I like the control acting in a situation gives me. You don't have that control if you are reacting. No doubt they would also say I have "control issues." LOL.
I was proofreading this and something occurred to me. When I first came on DG I was computer ignorant. I left it to Jim to give me a user name. He chose Kudzuone. I think that was very passive-aggressive of him, don't you? I think of passive-aggressive people as aggressive people who are just sneakier about expressing their aggressive tendencies. LOL. Is there a better definition? Kay*

mulege, Mexico

I know a psychiatrist who defines passive-aggresive as "behavior I don't like."

kb

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

From what i understand passive aggressive is one who does not voice their opinion and lets it build up till one time they get mad and lets everyone have it in spades with aggression.LOL
My red canna grew 6" over night. I may have made a mistake planting it in a container. I'll just keep it fertilized well. Maybe it'll be ok.

Hi All,
I just received the following message from Scraps via Cubits (which does not charge to participate in the forums!!). It hurts my heart that the new ownership of DG is not letting our dear Scraps write in the threads even when she HAS paid her membership. I pray and ask you all to join me that they will give her access soon.
We need her and she needs us!
~Sheri
scraps
May 17, 2010 4:18 PM CDT Lena Mississippi

Hey Sheri, My subscription to DG expired and I renewed it but I am still restricted from the forums. I will never wait until the last minute to renew again. I paid the new subscription several days ago and it still will not let me see the new post. Does this happen often? It sucks. I would appreciate it so much if you would post a note and tell everyone that I am ok just restricted for some reason. I sent a note through the contact us deal and hopefully they will get it straigthened out soon.

I still have my bro here and I have alot going on but did not want anyone to think I am dead or mad. I miss DG alot. I hate this. Love ya stephanie

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from BirdieBlue :
Hi All,
I just received the following message from Scraps via Cubits (which does not charge to participate in the forums!!). It hurts my heart that the new ownership of DG is not letting our dear Scraps write in the threads even when she HAS paid her membership. I pray and ask you all to join me that they will give her access soon.
We need her and she needs us!
~Sheri
scraps
May 17, 2010 4:18 PM CDT Lena Mississippi

Hey Sheri, My subscription to DG expired and I renewed it but I am still restricted from the forums. I will never wait until the last minute to renew again. I paid the new subscription several days ago and it still will not let me see the new post. Does this happen often? It sucks. I would appreciate it so much if you would post a note and tell everyone that I am ok just restricted for some reason. I sent a note through the contact us deal and hopefully they will get it straigthened out soon.

I still have my bro here and I have alot going on but did not want anyone to think I am dead or mad. I miss DG alot. I hate this. Love ya stephanie

Scraps' subscription is good through May 17, 2011. Generally speaking, anytime you experience a problem with your access, the best thing to do is let us know via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page of the site so we can assist you.

If we don't know someone is experiencing a problem, we can't help them.

And if possible, please try to give the admin team the benefit of the doubt that we are unaware of the problem, instead of assuming that anyone is being meanspirited. We really do try to be helpful, friendly, fair and consistent at all times ;o)

I don't understand the necessity of the above note.
Was asking you all to join me in prayer a "mean spirited" thing to do?
Seems like sometimes some things do get blown way out of preportion.

Anyway, I praise God that Scraps can get on once again and Mgmt did it immediately after receiving a note from me.

Hugs all around,
Sheri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.