CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap #11

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

I have added a few more and I suppose I'll be closing my trade list out this Thursday or Friday.. so oink away... I still have bunches on my list, that are getting a complex..LOL.. they need a good home!

ADDED........12/08/2009

3Hardy Yellow Hibiscus... from trade 2008

5 Hardy Hibiscus.... pale Yellow with pink blush on the edge toward the end of the day.. mine... 2009

3 Datura.." Funky Lavender".. my name for it..lol... triple purple.. I like it cause it's different!

2 Amaranthus... Marvel Bronze..(found more)... from trade 2008

1 Echinachea.. Magnus... commercial.. 2009

1 Echinachea....Pink Parasol... commercial... 2009

5 Oriental Lily... Girosa... mine...2009

Funky Lavender... sorry.. only pic i could find

Thumbnail by beck5711
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Congrats on getting a job Chris. : ) I know that probably a big relief for ya.

Becky oinked for soem of them hibiscus if I haven't already. I hve no ide a what I have or haven't oinke d for from anybody. Most Po's are open early on Saturday morning for a coupel of hours. That is if yoru not under 2 feet of snow.

which reminds me.

ATTENTION ALL PIGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT ALL PIGGIES WHO HAVE NOT SENT THER E BOIXES IN!

Ther e a bad bad storm that gonan be hittign ove r most of the country this week, dropping snow and ice and bad conditions.

IF YOU HAVE BAD WEATHER IN YORU AREAS! DO NOT!!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT TRY AND GET TO PO.

Your safety is way way more important. The tiem of havign boxe s her e by Decemebr 20th is not set in gold. We had bad weatehr with folsk last year and if it takes longer to get yoru box her e that fine with me. Trust me. I have mroe than enough to keep me busy til they all get here.

SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS!

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I can almost rent my backyard out as ice rink...does that count as bad? right now it's a mix of muddy popsickle with patches of snow....just wait until tomorrow when we drop to 5 degrees...and our pool didn't get drained....I have a feeling this will be the year the above ground monstrousotiy finally cracks and floods the back...good thing there's nothing back there but weeds and a whole lotta mud

Have you down Ella.... the Magnus echie is gone, but have more of the others..

Trina.. 70 degrees here..LOL... but only for today.. going back into the 30's.. brrrr

rub it in beck....LOL good thing I have lots of tropical plants in the house I can at least PRETEND I live somewhere warm....LOL

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

lol, you and me both trina.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

will have to see if it passes right now we are getting hit pretty bad. i will not go out in this so will try to send out next week Star. Right now we are just getting lots of rain but flooding is bad in some areas and ddont know if schools will be open tommorow.

will keep all posted.

I have decided that if they close school here tomorrow, I'm hiding in my room all day with the door locked

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Gah, I was not going to oink any more...

But Joyanna's little pink tail got all wiggly when she saw the PF photo for the Echinacea Pink Parasols... Beck5711, could you put my name on those if they're still available? Thanks!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

trina... are you getting mostly rain?? I am just north of the south end of this huge mass... by the radar, it looks like you are all greens with some yellows in the area. Certainly is a lot of moisture out there.

if you to the area just a smidge to the left of peoria it's starting to turn blue....but I still definately have rain at the moment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton,_Illinois

now you'll know exactly where I am...LOL

I keep checking the radar and I think most of it is gonna miss us

LOL Trina.. well you can come down here, and get out of the snow and rain.. yikes.. sounds like y'all are in for it!

critter.. how neat.LOL.. you bet.. I only had the one pack, and I'm glad it'll make you both happy!

Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed the swap. I only knew 2 of you, but i have had a ball, and enjoyed some great dmails with some of you. I have lurked mostly this year, but i don't think that will be the case next time!! Thanks everyone!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Beck! I started some Double Decker (also pink) Echies from seed (from Summerhill) last year, and I think they'll be fun together. :-)

Your welcome! I got some small DD plants from Michigan Bulb, and i bought seeds too. I have gone echie crazy! I do this every year since i joined DG.. hey.. have to have something to look forward too..LOL

sorry guys but I will be offline for awhile and do not know when or if i will be back....STARLIGHT please pass all my oinked for seeds and the extras I sent on to someone who can use them, as I won't be needing them anymore...It was nice to have met you all

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

??

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Trina.... Have no ide a what goin gon with ya right now, but I wil just hold on to your seeds top be sent to you until ya are ready for them. Sometimes, lif e thow s ya little hic cups in the road. Hoping an dpraying yours gets straightened out here soon.

Ya know we all here for ya.

I have everybody seed s that oinke d from trina, so make sur e ya send the one s she oinke d on to me for her. I knwo onc e things may settle down she wil be ready and gla d her seed s were saved for her.

I dmailed Katrina... she was one of the ones i was talking about getting to know...

Girl.. you'll need those seeds, and yeah Ella, I'm sending hers on to you

Sometimes life does throw us some curves, and some are bad, but the seeds will help you get over your trials, whatever they are, and yeah.. Ellas right, we are here for you!!

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Perennially,
Too bad you weren't closer to Foxboro - my daughter is looking for a 6 mo lease.

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh Cris, it's the story of my life..........................
Hopefully the sign will help. While I was putting it up, a car slowed down (hopefully to look) and a passerby said she'd pass the word. A good start, I think.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Trina, I hope you get this message. Please stay strong and remember that we are here for you. Dmail me if there is any thing I can do to help, or if you just want to talk.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Morning piggies. Well rain finally stoppe d and it a beautiful sunny day for a few hours anyways before the ice and cold comes back tonight. Hope ya all safe and warm in your piggy straw.

I gonna go out and wallow in the mud puddles. while I can.

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

SNOW DAY!

First day of school closings for the winter. Now I'm working from home with the kids home today, just as the VP from the Canadian office is in my work office , sigh. I'll miss out on lots of meetings (which is good), but also a lot of information (which is bad).
BUT the REAL problem with working from home is keeping my mind on work.
You see my home office desk is less than 10 ft away from all those seeds calling my name..... they are saying "Patricia, wintersow me"...

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I feel for ya Patricia. It a short and tee shirt day right now even if it onyl for a fe w hours. darn plants are gona be sproutign though think winte over. That the part I hate.

I feel so happy right now to be warm and have door s open for a bit to let fresh air flow through, I might even go otu in yard her e and do a piggie jig.

One ..two .. three and a dosey do. Turn, dip, swing. Happy as a piggy can be. : )

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

shorts and tee-shirt... that would be nice.
Maybe I can start a fire in the fireplace, dress the kids in short and tee-shirts and pretend it's summer :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I can just envision her ... dancing about in her pink robe and slippers.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

perenniallyme, if there is a hospital or other large employer near you, you can post a rental notice or give the information to the personnel director. Your post office may also have a message board. It must be tough finding tenants during the holiday season, but it will probably pick up in January.

GardenQuilts, I am only a couple of miles from the medical area and near several colleges and universities, and a couple of people who work at hospitals are going to post notices for me, but you're right - I should be a lot more active and call hospitals and schools to try to get on lists. The thing is, these days almost everyone knows about craigslist and looks there, as far as I know, and there are lots of apartments for rent and very few lookers. I wouldn't think that should be the case, as so many of these 3 family houses have been converted to condos over the past several years and are now mostly owner-occupied, and people are still snapping them up at outrageous prices in my neighborhood. It is shocking what people will now pay to buy a floor of what was built as worker housing in the early 1900's. Granted, they have been gutted and rehabbed, with open floor plans and granite countertops and extra bathrooms, but it's still outrageous. And I guess a few of these are on the rental market. My apartments are in very good condition, but definitely no granite countertops or marble bathroom floors!

Patricia, I'm surprised you're having a snow day. We only had an inch or two and it seems to have stopped and is turning to slush.

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I'm just now getting caught up here... Has anyone heard from Katrina? I'm pretty worried about her.

ants

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Here's the new shed! It doesn't look like we're going to have 2 days in a row without rain for a while (Ella's shorts weather hasn't hit up here yet), so the poor thing will have to wait for it's paint :( I've got it on hand, and will be out there on a ladder as soon as mother nature permits!

It's in the back corner of the yard, so I'm planning on putting the larger bfly/hummer plants back there, and maybe a small wildflower patch behind it. Windowboxes for sure. Was planning on shutters, but thinking the front window is too close to the door...

If anyone has a well-organized potting shed, and wants to share some tips before I go at it with the plywood and 2x4s inside for shelving, let me know!

Thumbnail by klstuart
Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Haven't heard anything... send a dmail just in case she would check there...

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Thanks.

ants

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes... i have heard from Trina.... I think she'll be back... in time.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I am just getting caught up as well.... wondering the same thing about Katrina...anyone heard from her??

Beck, do you have any more of the echies available? If so, i would love to try a few.

It has been so crazy at my house... December is ALWAYS BUSY. I still have to try my hand at making seed packets because I have looked every where and can not find the tiny plastic ziplocks!! I hope to get my few seeds out by the end of the week......

Thanks for all that you do Ella!

Genna

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sorry, I cross posted with several people (not sure how that happened) - but I hope all is ok with her.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Kelly -- nice nice shed!! will be fun to do the flower beds and window boxes. dont forget to posts pics in the summer when it's all in it's glory.

gen.. sorry I am out.. critter got the 1 pack of the pink parasol, and the other echi is gone also, but I'll send a few seeds from my stash...k??..LOL... now I am OUT..LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

oh, NO NEED to do that ! I have plenty of goodies coming ..... oinked for more than I promised myself I would! LOL isn't that always the case??

Thanks for the offer though.

I already have lots of water jugs saved ..... just getting ready for all the winter sowing that will be coming soon! ^_^

Genna

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.