CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap #11

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

ahhh mekos I wanted to win why'd you have to go and tell everyone....LOL

Seriously come on guys it is for a good cause and it's fun

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I already gave away all my excess seeds to arejay. i really down-sized this year. ... had to make room for all the new seeds.

hey I have a stupid question, when does Ella start mailing boxes back to us? I mean that's so close to the holidays I know she must have other stuff she needs to do

I think in January.

ok cause if she was gonna try before that I'd wonder about her sanity...LOL

I personally would want to get it out of my bedroom so I could have room to get around but to that seed snatcher ELLA, she may dream better with them in there. LOL Gotta love her.
Ella, you ROCK!!!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Originally she said first week of Jan, but would try to get them out before.... ya figure, if there are straggler packages, she can't mail anything out until all the boxes come in.

I was just worried she was gonna try and do it through the holidays and that's just way to much to ask of anyone!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Happy late b-day Mittsy !!! :D:D

Ok I've decided not to close until first thing in the morning... :D

Good night all ...

Brandy

Night and sweet dreams I hope you're warm!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Here is a picture of my unloved Cosmos. I got the seeds from the Newbie swap labeled "Cosmos orange and yellow". Mine are mostly Orange and seem to get darker with time. The seeds offered are first generation, from my garden as pictured below.

Thumbnail by GardenQuilts

Here are my unloved French marigolds.

Thumbnail by GardenQuilts
Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

Why are those cosmos unloved? I have developed a great love for all flowers orange. I think those cosmos are lovely
Veronica

I called them "unloved" because no one asked for any. I like them. Next year, I am going to toss some in with the asparagus. The foilage looks similar and the flowers will give a little bit of color.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Garden Quilts. No seed goes unloved. People get to oink for what they want but all the one to ones ya send in and th eextras on top of that all go out to piggie s and folks, so they wil find a loving home.

So one s that didn't get oinke d ya just send alogn for your one to one part of the swap. : )

I had been debating on oinkign for some. My problem is tryign to figrue out what they would look pretty with. I just don't have the eye for color combinations and design that alot of our piggie s on here do.

Trina. I have verybody send hte stuff to be so that I cna do it all ove r the holidays. That the time I have that it quiet for me to work on the piggy boxes and I have most all my regular seed sowed and done.

I sowing my crop seed now, wil do the piggy swap, then do my transplants and sow my piggy seeed , one s that cna be and ship out boxes at the same time.

Think it was about the 6th of January before all the boxes got out last year cuz we had some folks that just had soem thigns going on and couldnt get boxes here and then had them wait to ship til after Christmas so boxes wouldnt get lost.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I need help ya all. I fillign piggy buckets with what has come in and Colchie... Them Crocomosia bulbs are tryign to sprout. I gonan put them in my fridge to slow them down. Them some big nice healthy bulbs for sure and Need ya all to keep reminding me when I start the final packign to pul them out of fridge so they don't get forgotten. Cuz I have my bulbs in the fridge too and just don't want to forget anything. : )

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh gosh I remember last year everyone trying to get their boxes in and a lot of people were snowed in! lol It was a trip!

I have the Monk's Hood in the freezer and put a note with my seed baggies with everyone's name on them so I would see it when I'm packing them up but I bet anything I forget to take them out of the freezer when it comes time LOL If I do I'll just mail them off seperately lol Good luck Ella we'll try and remind you!

Now I not only STILL have a crisper full of seeds but my ice bin is starting to fill up too LOL I have my freezer seeds in my ice bin like poppies and such because I'm afraid I would lose them if I just stuck them on the rack! Who needs ice cubes in the winter anyway lol I really needed to go thru the crisper but don't think that is going to happen this year! Time is flying by for some reason lol

I woke up to almost an inch of snow this morning! Very unexpected they did say flurries I think we got a little more than that, I'm not ready for snow yet LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Does anyone recall there that thread was regarding how we organize our seeds? I just did a quick search and i'm not finding it.

i was thinking it was Seed Saving or Seed Trading... can't recall.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

This is what Suzy wrote back when she had the swap does this help :)

Basically, I separated my seeds into (1) hardy perennials (plants that are known to survive winters in my Zone), (2) Hardy Annuals (seeds where the sowing instructions tell you to plant *outside as soon as the ground can be worked* and (3) 'Self-seeding' Annuals (plants that known to grow from seeds that fell from the plant during the previous year). Category #4 in my groups are seeds that must be 'pampered' and started indoors before the last frost...but that category doesn't apply here except to keep those seeds from getting sown in containers and thrown out in the snow. Hehehe

GardenQuilts I would have oinked for your lovely cosmos but I am so over my oinking limit, I'm waitin' fer Ella to show up and shoot me....LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks Lea -- that is a good way to organize.

Didja ever just look around, say a room... and be like "Where did all this stuff come from?"
I've got so much stuff ... i think i know what i'm gonna be doing the next week when it's too cold to go out... cleaning and organizing crap.

Since the Fall, i've had all my seed stuff on teh dining room table... well since thanksgiving, it all got put on my dresser... so i've decided it all needs to be organized.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL trina... I dont think Ella would know if GQ stuff some Cosmos in your baggie. i LOVE cosoms ... i've got tons of them that come back every year.

yeah well if I see a truck with alabama plates I'm hiding...LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

ROFL

I'm drowning in my mystery seeds right now, I've decided I'm gonna take just enough of what's here for me, plant them and then figure out what they are! Before I go offering them up...lol

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

:) storage problems are about to become a thing of the past... at least until I fill up the shed being built in my back yard right now!!! Exciting! It is mine for potting and gardening stuff. Of course, I'll also get the lawnmower and wheelbarrow, since they are related, but there's room :)

I just got one heck of a deal on ebay from the Royal Orchid Club...I am so dancing all over myself now!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Trina... when i have mystery seed, and i get them every year.... I'll tag them to what i think they are, file them that way ... but mark, "Do Not Trade" on the bag.

ah these are seeds a neighbor gave me but didn't mark the bags...32 brown paper lunch bags packed with seeds....the hollyhocks were easy to pick out...the rest I have no idea even where to start guessing

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

heheheheheheh Ya ya just might have to watch Trina. My belove d Auburn lost at last 1:53 to Alabama, so I just might be in the mood to kick some " Pig" skin. hahahahahha just kidding. Oh and the truck is broke so no worrie s on that end. ; )

I got several bunche s of mystery seed too. It not really mystery seed. It just seed that I forgot to writ e th ename down of, thinking my super brain powers would rememebr it when the time came. I just gonan grow them out and then take thos e plants up to the northern sections of Ga/AL to the area s that were disadter flood areas this year. It a nightmaare mes s up there. So many folks and farms all gone. Not onyl plants put groudn too.

oh man....I've been going through my veggie seeds trying to see what I do have. mainly I'm just giving myself a headache.... LOL

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

GardenqUILTS, I will ask for some of your lovely Cosmos and Marigolds. I don't have any orange Cosmos in my garden. I don't have a "designer" mind's eye. I just pop things in the ground and then build on it, adding colors to please my eye. I have some poor little "unloved" or "barely loved" seeds also. But I love them, and somebody else will, too, when they get them in the "1 for 1" round, or the extras for newbies.

the only seeds I don't like are trumpet vine, peony, creeping charlie, and cypress vine...anything else is fair game...LOL

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

I just add a few more veggies at the bottom of my list.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7232691

Patti

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Patti.. I'll take a pea and a chines e cabbage. If available.

Oink oink piggies. Thes e boxes arrive d today!

Tcs
KlStuart
Hemophobic
Trinawitch

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Patti, I would like a package of your chinese cabbage and the spinach.
Don't know how many packs you have, though.

Maxine

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Ella, I put you down for them.

Patti

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Patti if ya onyl got oen cabbage. I'll share with Maxine. if ya dont mind spliting.

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Maxine , I'll put you down for the spinach but the cabbage was already oinked for.

Patti

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Sure Ella, I can split it for you and Maxine.

Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.