CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap # 10

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Lala I have some of the red petunia seeds if you still want some or anybody else. I thought I saw someone had them listed so I didn't list mine.

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

yeppers I oinked for it on the first day...just cause I like what ya called it and well my back yard is a weed haven in some spots and a mud pit in others...gotta get something back there! LOL

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Colchie.... Your box arrived today. I wondere d why it so heavy. LOL Foudn all them bulbs in the bottom. heheheheh

Can't wait til ya piggie s get yoru boxes, you gonan be sooooooooooo busy. LOL

Hemophobic... Salvia maraschino does set seed. If ya stil got a bloom that more or less done. open the bloom up and see if have any of the seed forming inside of it. I May be that ya won't have any seed until the bloom totally dried just abotu ready to fall off the stem. If you have had no pollinators this ate in the season, you may not have any seed I would look for seed early in the season next year when ya see lots of activity aroudn the plant.

oops Ella I just realized I sent my box to you and forgot to put return postage in there, I will send it first thing Monday morning...I'm so scatter brained sometimes!

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

thats not called scatter-brained Trina, its just called a 'house full of kids' lol

(Zone 7a)

Hiya Everybody! Just got em' all labeled and packed. Hope I didn't leave anybody out??. If I did someone will let me know before they go out Monday. It's been a blast watching the threads. Next year I will be a lot more settled and have things you couldn't dream of up for snorting!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7313763

Happy Oinking and Gardening!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

ROFL George!!

yeah a house full and 3 of my 5 have a friend staying over tonight so it's really FULL today! LOL

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

after tonight you might want to apply for sainthood lol

no that was 3 weeks ago when I agreed to let my 12 yo daughter have 8 girls stay over for a slumber party!

ok well I just spent my christmas money from my hubby....but this is gonna be fun!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi All I just wanted to let everyone know I'm closing my List tommorow night (dec6th) ...or super early Monday morning ... :D IF there is Anything anyone is wanting Oink soon :D

Oh yea I've added to my list also ... *Datura Metel - Mystery Mix- Qty 35 (2 packs only) these have purples and yellows pssbl single dbl trpl.. the cat jumped on the table and mixed these all up.
I know my triple yellow frilled and my triple black current swirls and 2 other kinds I forgot to mark what they were are in the mix. :D

But there is plenty still ... :D

Please look to make sure I have you listed for all the seeds you have requested. Please d-mail me if I have missed anyone for anything. :D

Have a great night everyone :D
Brandy

oh I'm oinking...I like mystery mixes! LOL

If you want it Trina ... its yours!! :D d-mail me :D

just added 1 pack of tangerine seeds - qty 10
d-mail me if u want em :D

B.

too bad that wasn't mangoes I'd be all over it...I have a tangerine, a lime, an orange, and a lemon I got in spring, and I marked the pots but between the rain and the sun my markings came off so I don't know which is which anymore, and well they don't seem to like me at all they haven't grown, they haven't died but they don't seem to be growing either...I'm probably doing something wrong

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Wow, and I'm afraid to try citrus here in SC! Trina, you're so crazy brave... or maybe I'm a wimp ;-)

just transplant them into a larger planter... they'll start growing again... I had the same issue. I slightly upgraded my oranges, loquats Pumello, kumquats, ok I have a lot of baby fruit trees ... but I up graded them all and they all started getting bigger after transplanting up. Also "citrus fertilizer" (use it in the spring)

KL ... try it ... lol just keep them potted up :D to bring indoors in the winter. I have to do that with the oranges.

You can do it in S. C. I did and got tangerines last year, just gave the trees away back in the summer. I just like to see if I can do it. I grew lemons a few years ago and got stuck with thorns and got rid of it. But keep them in big pots and they do good.

yeah I noticed some have thorns!

kumquats? Pumellos? we should talk....LOL I am always looking for fruits...I am fortunate that my kids love fruits and veggies....the only fruit they don't do is strawberries every since my son was 2 and ate some and kissed my mom and nearly killed her...I totally forgot to go make him brush his teeth and tongue and wash up really good

Ooowww she must be alergic to strawberries. OUTCH!

KLStuart I'm not brave or crazy. I guess I should tell you how my plant obsession got started.

My grandfather was part native american and my grandmother came from scotland...I did not grow up christian, but kind of a mix of native american and celtic or wiccan blend of spirituality. When I was about 3 I showed such an interest in gardening that once a month my grandfather would give me 10 packs of seeds, each pack had 10 seeds...but NO names or anything to identify the seeds.
he just told me "Make them grow" you have 10 chances to get it right and you have to grow them in the house, listen to the seeds/plants and they will tell you what they need. he's given me some pretty strange seeds over the years and I never knew thier common or botanical names, yes I wish I still had them but my ex drove our 4 wheel drive truck through my greenhouse smashing everything in his path because I caught him cheating.

Now imagine that greenhouse had all those plants...10 packs of seeds every month from the age of 3. he died when I was 16 but my grandmother has kept that tradition up until he smashed the greenhouse last summer. I'm 35 now that's alot of plants. so the jungle I have now is nothing compared to what I did have... It taught me not to be afraid to try anything with plants, I just wish I knew what all those plants names were so I could get them back!
Never be afraid to try, if it doesn't work oh well, but if it does the satisfaction is out of this world

yeah she is. freaked my son out so bad he won't even look at strawberries now and they used to be his favorite

Right on. Sounds like a wonderful man. I'll try any plant once and if I like it maybe more.

exactly! Mekos you have the right idea! I just wish 1 of my kids was intersted in plants so I could pass that on! although Austin pays attention if it's something unusual like bat flowers and Birds of Paradise

That is a start.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

What a wonderful grandfather! I am sorry about your greenhouse, but am glad to hear that your ex is an ex. Too many women stay with such men and lose more than their greenhouses.

It is inspiring to see a gardener in a cold zone growing so many tropical plants!

true but at 14 he has the attention span of a gnat! LOL

After all he is a "he" you know.

well thank you! I think the only plants I'm not a big fan of is trumpet vine, suprise lilies, and peonies, everything else is pretty much fair game...LOL

LOL Mekos!

ok I took one last look at eveyone's lists and sent sent a few oinks by Dmail to people...Going to bed now

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Someone posted this earlier and I saved it in my favorites:

Seed Longevity Chart.
http://hillgardens.com/seed_longevity.htm

I try not to have any seeds over 3 years old - except for the impatiens seeds I've been using since 2004 and they are still germinating, they are my little experiment. lol

Most of the old ones I try and wintersow. Even if I have a ton of one type of seed, I will toss them all into one container, if they grow and I decide I like them, then I just have to remember to gather seeds.

I'm afraid I've never had a ton of luck with winter sowing, maybe that's why ... using older seed. sigh.

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

What a cool way to grow up Trina! I can understand frustration with not passing the interest on, but I suspect it will out later on in their lives (at least that's what I tell myself with my daughter ...)

I've been wanting to try lemon, or maybe avocado. I do have 2 cats that somehow like to chew on everything green. They're at my bougainvillea that I just brought in last week now. That does make it a bit more of a hassle/challenge

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ok Piggies. Didn't notice we was creepign up there on posts.

So run, waddle, roll or wiggle your tails off to the new thread. No pushing and shoiving now. Plenty of time and room for everybody to get there.

I think my oinker broke this mornign though. It frozen solid. Who brought winter in overnight. brrrrrrr

Her e we go :

Everybody go her e now:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060854/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.