CLOSED: 09 UNUSUAL Seed Swap (NEW THREAD)

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Here we go, allen and i have set up the areas to sort and pack seeds, wish us luck!

Wishing you tons & loads of luck Theresa. You will do just fine. : )

gieten, Netherlands

good luck theresa and allen

i know how it feels
i had several weeks ago 4565 seedspackets in 48 envy s
2,5 days i have fill envy s

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Theresa and Allen,

You are very special people to do this for all of us! I can only imagine the headache it would be to do what you're doing! I know everyone here appreciates what you are doing!

I am excited about receiving a package in a few days. It will be like Christmas!

Thank you sooo much!

Carol

bart, I can't even imagine that many envelops to sort through and send out. That is amazing. That is a true heart for gardening, as Theresa and Allen have. : )
Yes, Christmas is coming early this year. : )
Lynn

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Thank you, Seed Santa !

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Seed Santa indeed! Can't wait to seed what I find under my tree! (maybe it will be a tree... : ) )

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

LOL!

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

So exciting... can't wait to see what I get! Thank you, Theresa and Allen! :D

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

you guys thanks so much....guess what they suggested as a therapy for Blake....Plants! I thought Dad was gonna laugh til he peed his pants

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Sounds like great therapy to me... but my opinion may be somewhat biased... heh.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Guess who will help him find plants and Seeds???

This message was edited Dec 10, 2009 6:24 PM

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I bet that would be Dave's...

yep, the doctor though didn't understand why we were laughing when he said that so we had to explain my plant 'addiction' to him, and then he saw the humor as well

Isn't that great, maybe that is where the two of you can make a wonderful connection. He really need that. We all do.

he has a dragon wing begonia in his room I had gotten over the summer...he liked the bright red, so I let him put it in his room

He has something to start with, with that Begonia. Wait til the weather is better, he will have some plants then, we will send him some.
He will have a room full. I do hope and pray you all get everything situated. Amazing, isn't it? the way things turn out.
RRM

yeah it is...Austin is the 14 yo...he has taken some of my cacti hostage...he has an astrocylindropuntia sublata (hey I remebered the name) about 2' tall put it in his big aquarium, has a rope around it with a sign, says help I've been kidnapped, send water plants!
so I guess this spring we are build a pond so he can have water plants, Blake had put little sunglasses on it for him!

I bet it's cute. Did I send you a CP plant?
I cn't remember. I sent so many. Kids do
the darnest things. It sounds cute.
RRM

I'm slow today CP plant?

Insect eating plant. Carniverous Plant, you
got a right to be slow with all you have gone through.

nope I haven't gotten one of those...but I did buy some seeds on ebay, this will be an interesting experiment! LOL

I'll get yousome when weather is better, already grown; when the weather is better.
Remind me....

eek yeah I bought a plant off DG Marketplace awhile ago...it came yesterday, frozen solid! don't think it's gonna make it...kinda makes me mad

April will be about right. Stick with seeds, now. You would really have
to insulate to send now and it some spots it still wouldn't work.
I'll get them to you. They will probably start growing again too.
RRM

uhg...got another package of dead plants...from an ebay seller who SWORE they wouldn't send them until the weather warmed up...now I'm just getting depressed!

Send them back to them.
That'll learn'm durn'm!!!
RRM

only if they give me my money back! (i'd just go spend it on more plants)

I went to Lowes they have the prettiest big pink Bromalaid, I want it but just haven't got it yet. I love it but it is large and I don't even know where I'm going to put it. Seems like I want all their plants. But mostly that pink blooming Brom. Might get it for me too.

yeah I try to stay away from Lowe's esecially with my dad cause he doesn't help when he goes "ya know if I use my discount it's even cheaper!" He's such an enabler!

Would your Dad like to adopt me? Maybe he likes old ladies. ☺
Love your Daddy while you got him, girl. I sure do miss mine.
Give him a hug for me.

LOL he's my stepdad...and I warn you now he's sicillian and very very very TYPE A personality...LOL
My Mom is a good mix of Scottish french and Sioux/Apache and also very very very TYPE A personaity....and they both always believe they are right....makes things 'interesting' sometimes

I bet they are great folks, just a little hyper.
you see a lot of going' on, don't you???
Give'em both a Hug if they hold still long enough.

lets see I'm 35 so mom's 54 and dad's 59....well until February and then we all get 1 year older....gotta walker for dad with black bows on it and a wheelchair painted black for mom! She sent me a cane last year with a big horn on it

That is hysterical trina. : )
Our family has a great sense of humor also. My son calls to sing us the Birthday Durge.

my mom used to be married to another guy named chuck a real...well I can't say that word...so on Dec 28th every year my sister and I call her to wish her happy unanniversary....for my current Step Dad Tony ( him and mom have been friends since before I was born so to me he is dad) we do the same on April 11th those are the days thier divorces were finalized from the waaaaay wrong people

See, that's what I'm talking about. They are probably very happy
for having each other when they needed them.

yes but there are days you wonder if they even like each other

I think that is the way it is with most people.
Got to vent sometime!!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Got all the seeds sorted and packed up and ready to go! Hope to mail out starting tomorrow....
I hope everyone enjoys the selections I have made and has a wonderful holiday season.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.