CLOSED: 09 UNUSUAL Seed Swap (NEW THREAD)

Another

Thumbnail by

One more

Thumbnail by
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Those are some gorgeous rocks! How cool, having them in the concrete like that... I love it!

Thank you pony. The man that built this house in 1950 did this. He decorated everything with rocks and slices of stone. We have a big pile of rocks in the back yard that I have cleaned up from the property. It would probably fill a pickup bed. There are still so many in the ground and along the South side of the house, but I have gardening to do. When I need a rock I go to the pile and get one.
Here is a succulent bowl I did for my sister with a piece of quartz crystal.

Thumbnail by

Dang, I wish somebody woulda buried pretty rocks in our yard- all we have is truckloads of ugly river rock. hehe.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Lynn those rocks are gorgeous! Love your porch.
Also love the succulent bowl. i have an old wagon with succulents in an out of the way place but yours is really creative. You have an eye for color.

Too bad this wasnt a rock swap :-)

I love river rocks. That's what I grew up around in Southern CA.
jada, I would love to see a picture of the wagon wheel. That sounds really interesting.
I think I got my love of rocks from my Mom. She never met a rock that she didn't love. : )

Lynn
Its an old wheel barrel with holes in it. Right now it is full of weeds and the succulents are dormant. It wont look like anything nice till Spring. Then, I'll look for new varieties to put in with the survivors. Am taking notes on your selections:-)

I hope to start some new bowls this Spring, if i have some left over I could share with you. I just hope my new succulents make it through this wet fall. They didn't have very long to settle in (Oct). I should have waited until Spring but I had succulent fever. One of my favorites for year round beauty is Semp 'Pink Pearl'.

Thumbnail by

A rock swap... can you imagine the shipping? LOL

oooh, nice. I havent seen that one. There is a nursery here that dedicates a few rows to succs.
They are addictive. I never make it out of there without one. Maybe you could bring it indoors for a while or do a start indoors to have an extra just in case.

I cant wait till Spring to do something with that barrell.

Pony,
Can you imagine the postmans face? :-)

They say 'If you can fit it into the box it ships'. We should test them on it. : )
Jada, they've been outdoors for years here. : ) It's just the new varieties that I bought in Oct and planted out. Way to many to bring indoors. Most seem to have already rooted into the bed. Boy, some of them are getting some really dramatic color change with the last few nights getting colder. I will just have to wait until Spring to see how they are going to do.
Spring is just around the corner. : )
I am so excited about all the new seeds to plant in the trade lists. I am new to seed planting other than the normal veggies and a few annuals, so I have been reading so I will know how to do it right.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

You know they got priority boxes that they carry up to 70 lbs.
Don't tempt me. I can send you one of my Mica rocks in a heartbeat and maybe with moss groing on it.
I love those rocks. They are as addictiveas the plants we love. I'll send aa little Mica for a little Quartz.
I'm ready when you all are.
RRM

I know! I am so excited to see what I get. I am going to wintersow as many as I can. Have you tried that method? It works well for perennials.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/coldsow/all/

Ha, a real rock swap? I'm game.

We can send pics of the ones we are sending.
Shame on me jumping in on you all conversation, but i love rocks. If you look at my bog gardens you will see rocks I have
arranged around them.
RRM

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

We should start a new thread for this.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Those are beautiful rocks! Mine are plain brown or slate. I sympathize with your bulb planting problem. It is difficult to dig a hole for anything without hitting a rock. I usually have to wait for the BF to help me get the big ones out. He declared a couple too big, so I just put stepping stones there. You live in the mountains, you have rocks.

I'm having palpitations, I think it was from looking at RRM's rocks. What beautiful moss on some of then.
Jada, you want to start a new thread, I'm not sure how to do it. : )
Talk to you guys later, I'm going out to my rock pile. : )

Garden, with your discription and know where you live, all I can do is picture beautiful stone walls and rock gardens. Sigh
Mine are all transplants of 50 years doing. They must have been very busy traveling. ; )

OK
Here it is. Hope this is ok.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060445/

Please post your pics there. Its just an "are you interested thread".

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

theresa you should have my pittiful box of goodies tomorrow or monday

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

http://theresawecker.webs.com/ Several more packages arrived and they have been logged in. You may email me additions to your list anytime up to Wednesday. That will be the cutoff date for wish lists. Please dont be shy to add more, it just makes it easier for me to be able to send what you really want.
PLEASE use the format when you list your wish items with the name and number of the person that has them. Example: 1 Theresa moonshine aster, 2 Judith gravetye beauty clematis, #3 Diana Dark Wine Red Hollyhocks, #4 Patricia amaranth molten fire, corkscrew vine, etc. etc. etc.
Im sorry in the delay, but I will not be able to send out until next week. This will give me enough time to receive everyones packages, sort, repack, send, etc.
happy sunday to all.

Thanks for all your hard work Theresa! Take your time. Wish I was there to help....

I don't have a wish list just a don't want list...NO Trumpet vine, anything else feel free to send

I really appreciate all your hard work in this Theresa. Thank you so much.
Do you feel like Mrs. Santa? : )
Lynn

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

ho ho ho : )

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

Dmailing you my list now.... Thanks!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Theresa,

When we make additions to our list should we add it to our old e-mail or send a new e-mail?

Carol

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

send a new email. I already have your original list, I will just print out and add it to it.
Here's my bells of ireland. They are so unusual looking arent they :)

Thumbnail by Theresa

those are cool Theresa, hey when you get my box...I think I put the postage in there but I don't remember so please if I forgot let me know...I'm so scatterbrained lately, at first I thought it was the stress of everything that's been going on but now I think it's this med the doc has me on!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, they are! I grew them a couple of years ago. My mother used to grow them when I was a child, a very long time ago!!!

Theresa, I sent an original and also one additional list. Do you have that 1st additional one, or do I need to send it with this new addition?

okay now that I got the website to work for me maybe I will send you a want list but it will wait until morning...night all

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yardqueen, I have all your lists now :)
Good morning to everyone....

My Grandmoter used to grow Bell of Ireland. I love them,
Planted some last year but they didn't come up. Going to
plant again this year.
Charleen
RRM

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Charleen, I dont see a wish list from you....did I miss it?

no, Dear. I figured I'd just take whatever you sent. You have enough to go through.
That way, I'm no problem.
But while I'm here . I do have some Brugmansia seed that are a cross with Sunray if anyone is interestd.
CaN'T PROMISE WHAT COLOR IT WILL BE JUST THAT sUNRAY IS THE MOMMA.
fINGER HIT THE cap lock, durn it.....
Thanks for asking.
Charleen

okay now I'm really confused...some one in the dats/brugs area told me only dats seed, I have a ton of Dat seeds but don't like them, I have 2 brugs left but no clue what they are cause the only to left are the ones that didn't flower last year, but I like the brugs....so they both seed?

Theres that is a beautiful flower spike. I have never seen these before. Can't wait to get seeds and start some Winter Sowing and wait until spring for planting the rest. : )
This is so exciting. Obliqua told me about some kind of powder I can use to make the seeds germinate faster. I have so much to learn about starting things from seed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.