CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap Page #7

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Here a little piggy fun game. The first ten peopel that send me the correct answers wil win a prize in their trough of a caladium or Crocus Twilight bulb.

You cna either just answer the questions or copy and paste the whole thing and put yoru answers next to each question. Choic eis yours, but all answers need to be dmailed to me. rea d carefully and have fun!!!!!!!!!

Early today I sent allthe correct answers to a Dg'er so that they would have the correct answers that I used.

Are ya ready Piggies!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show yoru Piggy Stuff!!!!!!!! : )

1. A male pig is called a _________
2. A female pig who has not had any piglets before is calle d a ___
3. What is a Sow? _______
4. What number do pigs rank as far as animal intellegence goes?
5. How do pigs communicate?
6. Which are pigs more tolerant of cold or heat?
7. What item do pig s not have ontheir bodies?
8. True or False. Pigs are great swimmers.
9. Pigs have
a. curly tails
b. straight tails
c. both type tails
d. neither type tails
10. How many toes do pigs walk on for each foot?
11. Pig can run a ____ mile minute.
a. 5
b. 6
c. 7
d. 8

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

ok not fair I might no the answer to one of those....LOL

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm gonna wait for the answers myself. I've been tromping around all day. No energy to go tromping the internet for answers now.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hehehehehhe ya do some thinkignor some digging. Afte r all piggie s do root around for their food and fun. : )

LOL....fibro kicking my butt today....Star can I offer packs of mixed seeds? I haveno idea what any of the plants are they all flowered BEFORE I found DG but they all fit the 'cottage style' of gardening

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

perennialme. Take yoru time. Relax. Ther e no rush on this game. Gonan take some folks awhiel to try and find answers.

I wish I coudl have tromped. Been rainign again all day. My mums so beat up not sure if fidn any seed left onthem at all.

wow those are hard questions

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm lost and sorta kinda grew up around pigs! LOL

been raining here too I think I'm becoming a duck, maybe we should start trading water plants...LOL

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

trina, I'd just mark them 'Mystery Mix' and put the date you think they are from.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

Trina.. your pic kinda looks like Obedient plant... my flowers are pink

ok....i'm just so tired of seed sorting....LOL

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

AMEN!

star, I was rooting around downtown for a few clothes - not my favorite thing to do, but necessary once a year or so- but could only find weird skinny mis-shapen clothes made half of plastic for anorexic teen-age werewolf wannabes or bad taste barbie wannabes. Came home only with Chinese desserts for the piggy tummy. lotus seed cakes and a few things I don't know the names of. yummy -snort-snort - oh the fat piggy tummy.

my neighbor 2 houses over has a msiive wild cottage garden, and she collected seeds for me, 38 brown paper lunch bags full, but she didn't mark on any of the bags what they are...and now my brain hurts

trina, I've got some yellow water iris that hasn't been oinked yet.

ok OINK OINK....LOL I'll take em myabe then the kid will give me back my Philo Pink Princess! LOL

you got em trina.

doing the Happy Piggy Dance....LOL

Trina, they look like miniature hockey pucks, so if you don't get to planting them, maybe they'll have some other use.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

I have some Indigofera suffruticosa seed if anyone is interested. I have not bagged any, so I'm not sure how much yet.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/81823/

Thumbnail by AJNTEXAS

oh well that's neat looking!

ok Star I made my guesses and sent them to you! LOL

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

AJ.. I have nevr seen nor heard of it before, so I got have some, so making loud oink here for some if ya have enough. That is interestign and different. Right upmy alley.

Patti1957...PamSue...AJ...Beckie... Trina. Sorry ya got wrogn answers. One of ya onyl had one question wrong. Sorry can't tell ya who. ( ain't I a stinker : )

Won' tell ya which ones ya got wrogn, btu if ya want to take another stab at it, go for it. : )

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Resubmitted my answers and I got you down for Indigofera.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

And we have some winners:

Patti1957
PamSue
AJTexas
Huneybunch

ther e still six more available for the next 6 who answer correctly. : )

ok I guessed again....LOL

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks AJ. Will need to learn from ya how to germinate and grow it. Hope I cna get mien to look liek yours. : )

Editign to add. We have another winenr Mekos!

5 down ..5 stilavailable.

Bakc in an hour semifinals of Dancin with the stars on. Got a watch it. ; )

This message was edited Nov 17, 2009 8:02 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I took a couple of WAGs, but I dmailed my answers to Star just now...

BTW, I think there's a typo in that last question. Perhaps a pig could run a 6 minute mile, or 6 miles in a minute, but there's no way he could run a 6 mile minute.

ok I am adding "Mystery Flower Mix" to my seed list

here's a pic of one of the many seeds that went in it, if you know what it is please let me know

Thumbnail by trinawitch

wow did I take bad pictures...and it was raining which didn't help! and another seed going in ti

Thumbnail by trinawitch

and another

Thumbnail by trinawitch

and some of these a marigold, the only thing I recognized! LOL

Thumbnail by trinawitch

and some of these

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Trina-

Looks like some amaranth - pic 2 (the red one), monarda c. (horse mint)- pic 3, zinnia- pic 5 (lots of stuff in this pic).
For the ones that have multiple flowers in the pics, are all the seeds included? Or just one variety?

This message was edited Nov 17, 2009 9:37 PM

yeah I got some of all those in each little packet I believe, after a while though I got cross eyed so some may have more than others of certain varieties....I saved a little from each one to plant and then get Identified this spring, teach me to just accept seeds without asking what they are! LOL...there's also one that looked like a hollyhock but a lot smaller, pale purple flowers, at first I thought a French hollyhock, or mallow, but every picture I've seen of them they have stripes in the flower but these definately do not have a stripe in the flower

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Ooo, I wanna guess too trina!

1-Physostegia virginiana (can't find a photo, but those seed pods look familiar and I think it was from this plant)
2-Amaranthus, Love Lies Bleeding type
3- Salvia verticillata 'Purple Rain' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/32271/

I wish I knew about DG when she brought them to me, I would have had them identified then! LOL

and these I believe are coneflowers?

Thumbnail by trinawitch

and this?

Thumbnail by trinawitch

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.