CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap Page #7

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Hemophobic- oinking for some of your Salvia x superba Queen Blue

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Has anyone dropped Meredith a Dmail? she's been missing for quite some time now.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

TCS,

There's a 20 seed limit? OH Dear ! I missed that bit of information. I've gone above & beyond my oinking !! Darn those piggy eyes.

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Cris316 I think TCS was referring to a self imposed 20 pack limit...the rest of us are limited to 100

This message was edited Nov 14, 2009 7:29 PM

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Trina, if you have some left, I'd like to oink in on the dwarf aster..like you, I love anything that comes back on it's own :)

Thanks!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

guam is correct.... that was MY limit for myself... i have gone over it already.

I am just running out of room for plants, so i'm trying to limit my seeds to ones i really can't live without.

the one year, i ended up with over 200 varieties of seeds... i was new and the gal was just stuffing our boxes....

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

sure ya got them

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

only 200? well that just wont do....LOL

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

me too drawf aster please trina

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Missed the new thread, just found it!

Happy Birthday, perenniallyme! I'll be happy to add those tomato seeds for you. :-)

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Good morning folks. Thanks for all the additional bday wishes yesterday. Had dinner in the true piggy spirit last night, though I did share a little of the chocolate raspberry mousse cheesecake with my brother and SIL.
It's raining again today. I'm hoping it'll stop at least long enough to check for seeds at some point. Guess I'll do some chores and try to get a few more seed bowls cleaned out.

We cross posted. Thanks, critter.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mornign Piggies. Feel a littl e mor e on the human side so got my list update d with everybodys oink. I hope. If I misse d somethign or somebody, pleas e let me know.

Will be addign some more things later this evening for ya all to squeek over. LOL

Those who have oinke d or want to oink for Askinson tomato seeds. Thes e I am not counting in your 100 pack totals. I have gazzillions of them yet.

If ya have time, you cna read the story behind thes e tomato seeds. How searched all over the palc e for them for a Dgh'er and ende d up finally findign them in about my own backyard and soem were sent on to the seedsavers group to make sure they dont' go extinct again. LOL
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/684313/

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Speaking of Birthdays... today is Shirley1MD's... now, isn't she another one from last year's swap that is missing?

I have not seen her in ages. Jill -- have you ??

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I don't see a thing wrong with no grass to cut Cris lol That's what I was going for the past eight years but it got the best of me with 1 2/3 acres this year lol It does take a LOT if work :)

Forgive me folks I'm just getting caught up while my computer is working it may not work five minutes from now lol I miss the chattering!

Klstuart, my favorite butterfly weed is the orange perennial I think I have some seeds in the crisper from last year I'll put you down for some if you want them but I have to make sure I have some first I've been trying to stay out of that drawer lol It's complete caos in there! Dmail me if you want some not sure how many are in there when I check that drawer it will take a couple of days got to make sure I have those days together to do it with three kitties around that like to play in seeds too lol I've used all the space up with seeds to clean around the house and will have to use my bed to lay them all out lol

I see we had another birthday I missed :) Happy belated Birthday Sharon!

Shirley has a Birthday today I sent her an email haven't heard back yet but told her I may not be able to answer :)

Star that was me that wanted some seeds to the red petunia that's so sweet for you to think of me, thank you, now if you can find them :)

Trina, I would love some of those perennial short asters, I'll dmail you :)

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Does everyone have enough Purple Dome asters lol I have two plants out front that I cut all the way to the ground in the middle of summer because they were shading my annual salvias didn't think they would come back it was so hot outside but they did nice and bushy and theyare two foot tall loaded with seeds, dmail me if anyone wants any, I haven't collected the seeds because we pigged out so much for them a couple of years ago :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Lea -- my purple domes are huge. I will be dividing them nex year and moving them 'far to the back' of flower beds... they do tend to shade out many other plants.

I was out walking Buddy in the field.. and i found a bunch of milkweed fluff wiht the seeds.... the plant, it was single stem and laying on the ground... but it was more ferny looking ... i had one in my Rose bed too, but dismissed it.

now i'm thinking it may be some sort of milkweed, but i'm not having any luck ID'ing it by googling...

i will be heading to the butterfly forum to see if anyone there can ID it by a description of 'ferny MW'.

i did grab the seeds though.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I found a little bit more seeds of Verbena stricta
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/76094/

if anyone is interested... i'll get them cleaned.

Thanks, Lea. Good to see ya.

I just collected a bunch of soggy japanese anemone seed heads. Will take several days to dry, but you can let me know if you want some. I just won't post on the list til they're dry and bagged, as that's how I keep track of what's filled and what's not.
Tricyrtis pods haven't done a thing in 2 days, except now I know that dark beauty isn't going to make pods because she's almost bit the dust for the season.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LeBug.. I knwo right wher e the seed is. Won't loos e them. Ther e not many left, but wil send them all to ya. Wil also sen dya dmail for Purple Doem Asters. I need a taller one and bushy type. Tiny ones, don't like the heat and humidity here.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Just put some veggie seed s up on my Part 2 section list.

Now piggie s luv veggies, so make sure all ya little oineks get plenty of fresh veggie s in yoru diet now. : )

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009 4:34 PM

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Herb,
just sent you a d-mail about oinking that Salvia farinacea :-)

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

well shoot. how do ya put a link to your list spot. Ha d to edit the one abov e out cuz I ha d the edit thread.

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just go to where your post is in the thread and right click on the blue post #1234567, what ever yours is. then click on 'copy link location' and then paste it right here in your post.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009 5:48 PM

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Time for a little piggy fun!

Tuesday night, at 7 pm EST I will post a list of piggy questions. That shoudl giv e evrybody plenty of time to read this post.

The first ten people who successfully answer all the questions will have the choice of getting either a Caldium bulb ( mixed cultivars) or a Crocus Twighlight bulb tossed into their trough. : )

This not part of yoru count, just some fun things thrown in from me.: )

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Hello my fellow piggies, I am all caught up! I think I have everyone's requests bagged and tagged (150 packets) so I'm going to throw out the next little gem. The other day I found that my baby Tomato Soup Coneflower had given me a mature flower head! Of course it's open pollinated so anything goes, but I figured you echie lovers would jump on this one. I made skimpy packs so I could share with as many people as possible, so there are 10 packets up for grabs. Dmail me if interested!

tcs- would love some Verbena stricta

lala- would love some tomato soup coneflower

gypsy- got your dmail. Thanks!

Anyone ever started roses from hips?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

gotcha Herb.... gotta go make some tags for it....

Star and Mindy03 - I've made you each up 2 packs of astilbe (with chaff as I don't know what is the seed among it) - one is 'fanal' (red) and the other is probably 'visions" and probably pink, but I'm not sure.
I'm listing one additional pack that's a combo of both in case there are still any oinkers out there.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

OH BOY Per Me now I gotta go brush up on that rump dance with Star.

Ya sure do, Mindy. Hear that, Star? Get that video camera out! And if ya can throw in some fancy hoofwork, I think you'll get cheers all around the pen!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

OK here's the link Per Me

http://www.pigsnstuff.com/barn.html

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I've added two new seeds... ah... i just remember i have one more to add....
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7231362

Dakota Mock Vervain.... I think i have 2 of those.

I don't think I saw you in that video, Mindy. I think I've seen that one before.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Herbspirit - I have started rosa glauca from seed. Has to have a good winter under its belt to sprout, so I'm guessing most roses need the cold.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

well... what ever the issue was... so glad Dave got the site back up.. i was thinking i'd be in withdrawals today.

(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

ME TOO...LOL

Good morning guys. Funny thing, isn't it? Guess I've become a DG addict too.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Ok.. Ok... Here ya go.

My giant hoofing shoes. doign a jig.

Thumbnail by starlight1153

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.