CLOSED: '09 Fall Frenzy Swap Page #5

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes it would be - Valerian Officinalis.

hi all
i was lost ..thanks for re directing me
good morning
yes i am bagging now after a bout of poison oak and an achey back from hauling firewood .
you all will get an answer which is mostly positive as i am wanting everyone to get some even tho that means speading a bit thin but it will not be very few seeds. like a pinch for the tiny seeds of agastache and chaenarrhinum.
ill work on updating my list as much as i can..since these rainy days mean less time on the computer as dh loves to be on it.
i have a few dried berries of strawberry styrian..i was going to try to grow out..i see that they are hybrids. i may have a few to share if it is worth trying
pam sue

This message was edited Nov 9, 2009 10:00 AM

Kannapolis, NC

MyGypsyRose: I've oinked on D-mail for the Lenten Rose and the Transylvania Sage! Just stick an apple in my mouth and call me piggy!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

WB Pamsue... sorry to hear of your bout with poison oak... i cant even imagine.

>>since these rainy days mean less time on the computer as dh loves to be on it.

I used to have this problem too... then i got DH his own laptop. OH and each kid has their own for college... so i finally have my PC back. *wide grin*

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Good morning, well, afternoon! This is what I've been up to this morning. 1 ton of flagstones, literally :) SO excited to finally get them out. Now, I'm going to fill the cracks with some soil, and have some dwarf mondo grass to go inbetween. Only got 2 flats, so it's going to be patchy for a while... wish I could finish it all today before the rain comes tomorrow... but I think I'm done for the day...

Thumbnail by klstuart

Here's one showing the beds... only have a couple things in there so far. Probably a lot of piggy plants will go there in the spring. Have some husker's red that's been waiting patiently to be transplanted, and some columbine. All from last year's swap. The foxglove in there already is from last year's too, and Colchie, your anemone's are in there!

Thumbnail by klstuart

ive answered everyone that oinked..and ill be updating that on my list possibly tonight.

added pole beans to the list..dmail if interested

does anyone have commercial seed of italian ice cherry tomato?

those flagstones will look really nice :))

i can see where a second computer would help..maybe some day

pam sue

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

klstuart, very nice! I think you need some creeping thyme in there also, for the scent... maybe put the dwarf mongo grass along the edges and add creeping thyme starts toward the center of the path (or vice versa)... ?

Mygypsyrose, I'm oinking please for some Salvia transylvanica. Thanks!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Looks good klstuart!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

gorgeous flagstone path... and you did that this morning .. criminny... I've barely gotten out of this chair... but i guess if i lived in warmer climate, i'd still be outside working.

I was just having the same thought in the shower Critter! I was thinking something along the edges that creeped would be nice, maybe I could get it to go up and over the little wall a bit too. Want to be able to rake/sweep in the middle, because its shaded by an oak... leaves and acorns galore.

Terese, I usually get a burst of energy right before a rainy day, since I know I can rest tomorrow :) Had everything prepared this weekend, so just hauled the sand and stones this morning... that was enough!

Oops, just realized I messed up the photos above and included the same one twice... not thinking straight here!

Thumbnail by klstuart
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You don't need flats of thyme if you're not in a tearing hurry to have it completed... I put one or two plants in a windowbox planter and let them layer (send out little branches that root down into the potting mix) until the container is full, then divide it up into little chunks for planting out. I did an article about creeping thyme a while back.. http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1137/

:-)

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I think , now that I am unchained from the sewing, embroidery, quilting machine, that I can start catching up on the posts. Thank you tcs1366 for the picture of the lists to be sent with seeds, very helpful. I have some wheat seeds that are viable, I'm putting some aside for your Kitty. I grind them in the Vitamix just before making bread, makes the best whole grain flour. I have so many little slips of paper that I have written requests on that It will take me a few days to get everyhing updated, wish I knew how to set up a spreadsheet. My computer time is limited so I will do the best I can. I have lots of onesies. Am going to organise them alphabetically before I list them so I'll be able to find them quickly. One question, is there a reason for leaving all of the edits dates in your listing? It makes the thread so much longer.

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Mittsy, I've received your dmails and have the seeds in an envelope for you :)

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

oh.. I like the latest edit dates to be left..that way, as I scan down, I can see if anyone's posted/edited since the last time I looked. Not sure that it helps me, but I think it does anyway LOL

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

You'll always see the last edit date anyway.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>is there a reason for leaving all of the edits dates in your listing? It makes the thread so much longer.

No -- none that i know of. as it only shows the times it was updated. I try to keep my trimmed only to the last edit, which you can not delete anyways [there is always ONE there]. Sometimes i forget to do it, but will 'clean up' on the next edit.

This was something Pamsue brought up in the CG #44 thread.

and - thanks for the seeds for kitty.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

My list is finally Up Everyone! :)

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Carolyn_C. Oinking for soem of your

red raspberry seeds and
hungarian sweet paprika pepper if ya have enough.

Also, how do ya cook or eat that banana melon. Is it liek a cantelope only shaped like a banana? Have ya trie dit yet? What it taste like?

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Carolyn,

Oinking for
Candylily (X Pardancanda norrisii)
Toad Lily 'Yellow Sunrise' (Tricyrtis latifolia)
Transylvanian Sage

Thanks!
d

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Carolyn_Cropper, I am oinking for these please.
Dr Wyche's Yellow Tomato
Roma Rio Grande Tomato
Hungarian sweet paprika pepper
Collective Farm Woman (melon)

Thank you,
Patti

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I've added a few more to my List.
I collected a few more Red Spider Zinnia if anyone is still looking for this cute filler.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7231251

Well, the cable company never came, but the computer suddenly started working ... they must have done something elsewhere to fix it. Hurray!

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Posted some additions to my list. Scroll down to the bottom. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7234618

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yea!!! I'm finally done for now.
The list is all up and I've got everyones requests I think, so if you don't see your name on the list, please D-mail me
Now.... time to head to the feeding trough!

Andrea

geez, I go away for an hour or two and stuff is posted and oinked up. Can't find the tricyrtis latifolia "yellow sunrise" on Carolyn's list. Carolyn, are you removing stuff when it's gone? Well, guess I don't really need it, as I already have a (generic) latifolia and a puberula, which are both similar, not to mention another 10 or so kinds of tricyrtis. But watch out scarfie guam, if ya don't want to find your fat little snout buried in the mud!

(thought I'd create a little bit of drama for interest sake).

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I could be wrong, but am thinkign somebody els e other than Carolyn had them listed them transylvania and such.

Like I say could be wrong abotu the person.

Hey star, we have 3 rows of communal red raspberries in the community garden, and they grow so fast we have to keep thinning them or we wouldn't have rows anymore. I can probably send you a bunch of canes in the spring, and they'll definitely grow a lot faster than seeds. Just remind me (our springtime, not yours) - if you want some.

Thanks star, I'll peruse the list.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

twofewanimals, I just Dmailed you, oinking for some red spider zinnia, please. :-)

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Silly per-me, mygypsy has your yellow trycertis...

Thanks nbgard!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Adding to my list 9 packs of Bushy Bluestem Grass - Andropogon glomeratus
http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=ANGL2

Thumbnail by AJNTEXAS
Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I finally got my list up :)

SUEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I saw it and already oinked for your pulsatilla vulgaris.
Welcome back, Lea!!! Great list and sooooo organized. Now you'd better get oinking before all's oinked up!

Kannapolis, NC

OINKING all you piggies!

Danita: I've sent D-mail for Penstemon Red Rocks and Violet Dusk.

MyGypsyRose: D-mailed for Salvias Lady in Red, Coral Nymph and the Transylvania sage

LeBug: D-mailed for pineapple sage

Starlight1153: D-mailed for Lobelia Campbridge Blue and Crystal Palace

Suieeee!

mygypsyrose

Oinking for
Candylily (X Pardancanda norrisii)
Toad Lily 'Yellow Sunrise' (Tricyrtis latifolia)
Transylvanian Sage

Thanks!
d

Thanks PERENNIALLYME if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have realized I'd oinked to the wrong person! AND gee I only oinked for one packet of the toad lily seeds...BUT my snout is gonna end up in the mud? Bring it on Porker!

Thanks for a good laugh, guammy. Somehow cleared out the old porky sinuses too!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I'll update my list with oinks tomorrow morning but I'm making my list of piggies at the trough :)

The Caramel Heuchera seeds are gone.

I’m trying to do 15 things at once as usual lol

haha, I read your post to both my DH and DD and that got both their hackles up..."Is she serious?" Lol, they just don't get it. I can do drama :-)

Oh no! Sorry, I just like to have a bit of fun. Thought I explained that, though briefly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.