CLOSED: 4th Annual UNUSUAL seed swap

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi Theresa and Everyone,
My seeds are packed and are going in the mail tomorrow. Here's a list of what I'm sending -35 packs of seeds:
Veronica Eveline
Daylily Blueberry Breakfast
Daylily Janice Brown
Daylily Sugar Candy
Maiden's Blush Lilac
Butter And Sugar Siberian Iris
Fairy Snow Dwarf Balloon Flower
White and Rose Pink Edges Gladiolus seeds
Ozark Coneflower
Hosta Plantaginea
Petite Delight Dwarf Monarda
Dianthus Siberian Blues
Dianthus Ideal Sweetheart Mix -all my flowers were white with cherry eyes

I'm also sending 10 empty seed packets - 5 handmade paper ones, and 5 plastic bag. I figured you could use some extra empties!

I hope I am sending some things that someone will want. Thank you for hosting the swap, Theresa!
Linda

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I'll just take all of them....LOL

Thanks, trinawitch - LOL!

Don't worry, those all sound great. Wouldn't mind have all of them. : )

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Love them too
RRM

Package was just sent out. Here's the DC number:
0307 0020 0004 0241 0739.

Thanks again Theresa for holding this swap. I'm enjoying going through the list of seeds that you are receiving for the swap.

Linda

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Bluespiral....Karen, Your seeds arrived today in great shape. Thanks again for your hard work, much appreciated :)

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Linda...I'll be watching for it to arrive. I too enjoy browsing thru seeing all the fun things participants are sending. I also enjoying seeing all the different ways imaginative gardeners create packets to hold the seeds. I usually use manila envelopes but dont have any this year. I do have some left over glasine ones that I really like to use but those are runnng out too. I resorted to using newspaper/catalog paper cut up in squares and made into packets. Wish I knew how to do origami, that would be so cool! The pic today is one of the hostas that I am using the very seeds you see there for this swap :) It resides next to my pond and really gave us a show this year. Next spring I will be dividing it up and putting something smaller there so we can see the pond better from the house.
Have a great day everyone :)

Thumbnail by Theresa

Let me know if you like the seed packages my seeds are packaged in. I can send the link to printing, cutting, and folding them. The empty, smaller ones that I sent for your use are easy to make too. I like the ones that I packaged my seed in because they are a touch larger. You can print 3 to a standard copy paper page and I like to hunt for interesting printing paper at the dollar stores to make them from.

Lovely hosta, Theresa. Love the blue-green color of the leaves. I'm shade challenged at this house, so I only have a few places to put plants that need some shade.

Linda

Theresa that host is beautiful. Is it very hard to start them from seed?
Lynn

Theresa, sending you two sizes of the little zip lock seed bags. I know some of the things I sent can be divided in case there are multiple people wanting things. Maybe some of the others can be divided also. I know I don't need huge amounts of seed. Just enough to try some new things for my garden.
I will send them off in the morning.
Lynn

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Lynn...much appreciated. when packs come in I divide them if there is too much seed. That way, like you said, more than one person can get them if they are asked for.
I couldnt believe how easy it is to grow hosta from seed! I cant wait to try the new ones...

Jadajoy!!! Your seeds arrived today. What a nice selection and how organized! Thanks for participating :)
I will be adding them to the site tomorrow. Tonight is NCIS!

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Theresa-

I'm sending out my pkg tomorrow.

Patricia

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Just added! Helianthus lemon queen PERENNIAL sunflower. This blooms for over 3 months here in michigan and hardy zones 4-9. http://www.we-du.com/detail.php?plant=PREHELLQ
This is one of Lori's favorite perennials.

Thumbnail by Theresa
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Theresa,

I just looked at your page and I don't see the Lemon Queen.
There is nothing past page 5 , Joyce G is the last one.....

Am I missing something? I'm thinking there must be a page 6 by now.
Maybe you are working on it and we can't see it yet?

Diana

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

OOH OOH, I want some!!!! How gorgeous is that! It certaintly is a Queen.

Thanks Theresa!

That is beautiful. I want some Lemon Queen also. : )
Thank you so much for doing this Theresa, it is so much fun to see what others have to share.
Lynn

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

theresa, package mailed out today.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I was working on page 6 and you couldnt see :) Those perennial sunflowers are awesome. Lori has grown them ever since Ive known her, over 10 years and they sure brighten up a corner or area. You can even grow them in shade!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This is another perennial Sunflower that I grow, it's a double flowered one:

Helianthus 'Flore Pleno'

I just looked and the seedheads were still there. So I clipped them into a paper bag. They are now drying. Too late to send them to this seed swap, but I put them on my trade list, along with my other perennial sunflower "Maximillion". The strain of Maximillion that I have is about 5 ft tall and not floppy. I have two large clumps of it and can dig divisions. The Maximillion is now on my tradelist.

This message was edited Nov 25, 2009 2:47 PM

Thumbnail by CreeksideFarm
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I will get my list completed and mail out my seeds on Saturday. Thanks for allowing me to take part.

Janet

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi,
I sent my seeds today. here's the conf #0308 2690 0001 5461 9233

I included a couple of extra baggies as well. I also just sent you postage by PP.

Orangeburg, SC

I just mailed my seeds to you today. I'll e-mail the confirmation # to you as soon as I figure out where I mislaid it during my rush.
Here is what I sent: calendula-apricot daisy, red hot poker, gailardia aristata, black eye susan vine, purple prince zinnia, aster ballet mix, zinnia aztec sunset, tithonia-Mex. sunflower, pink evening primrose, moonflower-giant white, zinnia giant scarlet flame, celandine, castleton pototo oats, & giant reed grass. I'm sorry I don't have a whole lot to offer as I'm just starting out. But, I hope to be able to share more in the future.

That's a great list Debbie. : )
I see things on there that I would like. : )

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Theresa,

I wondering if you could shed some light as to why I am having trouble with the links on page 6 of your webpage?

The links on the other pages all seem to work, but page 6, no matter what I click on, I get an error message.

Diana

Me to. : (
I've been looking them up using google.

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Looks like an extra slash , i.e. http:///
you can just copy and paste the url in another window or tab. That works.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2009 5:29 PM

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey all. I received packages today from:
Sue, Merles, and Caroline.
I have them logged in but unfortunately pages 6 and 7 have errors in the urls.
I asked for support to help but I dont think they will help in time. So sorry everyone.
You of course can copy and paste, taking a bit longer, but I figure if I can do it, so can you. LOL.
its nice to see that many of you are getting your wish lists started, or at least are browsing. I am happy to say that altho I cant keep very many of the seeds for my own use, I am running out of space....I do have a great network of folks that I share with. :)
Happy seed wishing everyone.....

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm loving this. I have 33 things on my "wish list" already... hehe.

This really is great fun. Better than Christmas shopping any day. Again, thank you so much for doing this Theresa, it is a lot of work. : )

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I have been carrying my swap seeds and a few other trades in my bag over a week, but was unable to get to the post office. It doesn't help that it closes at 4:30 pm and for lunch hour. It is my top priority for Monday, the deadline, I know, but better under the wire than not at all!

Special thanks to the swap host! This is so much fun, like an early Christmas stocking full of seeds!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

For everyone sending their seeds tomorrow. Please send a return address label. It makes it easier for me to keep track with the system Im using.
Reminder, wish lists can be emailed/dmailed to me starting tomorrow. You will have an opportunity at the end of the week to add to your list when the rest of the seeds arrive.
It sounds like everyone is having a fun time. Thats one of my goals for the swap :)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I guess we still get seeds we we don't send a want list??
I'm sure I will enjoy whatever I get. Looking forward
to my pkg.
Charleen

Does anyone know what these are? I'm a dianthus fan and cannot find out what they are.

dianthus laeulgata gracea

Linda

gieten, Netherlands

there is a wrighting is not good
the name is digitalis laevigata gracea
look at the picturse a beautiful digitalis [foxclove]

Thumbnail by bartjestuin
gieten, Netherlands

theresa
your have a d mail with mine wishes list

marjolein

Theresa, you have a Dmail with my wish list.
Lynn

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Ditto. :)

(Zone 7a)

Hi Theresa, sent you my wish - one flower.

ps - may we have a new thread? my slow dial-up might not access this one for much longer.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Mine Too ;^)

Wishing on a Star....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.