CLOSED: 4th Annual UNUSUAL seed swap

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I'll be getting my seeds together and sent out!
Linda

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hello,

I finally finished collecting my seeds and they are on there way...
Thanks you theresa for hosting..

cj

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I am working on mine. I was getting 100 packs ready and ran out of the little bags! I will get more tomorrow... Theresa, I have 20 pks of mixed Zinnia seeds. Every thing from California Giant to Thumbelina. Mostly Cut & Come again I think. A few Envy. I wish I had kept them separated.

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

oh I can't wait this is gonna be fun!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Theresa,

In your message at the top you said:

" As in past years when seeds arrive I will list on my website."

Since I haven't participated in past years, I was just wondering what is the address of your website?

Thanks,
Diana

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah, me too! i was looking for a link earlier...

I'm getting the seeds ready and want to make sure I have all the right information for labeling. Of course, the genus/species of the plant and cultivar name, if any, and then are we including zone information or germination information?
If I missed the requirement for this, sorry for making you post it twice.

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I was wondering that slso...

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I didn't put anything more than the names and year of collection- I figure germination stuff can be looked up, and I can only fit so much on those little labels. :-/

Mine are sealed up and ready to go out tomorrow. I added five packets of Rose of Sharon 'Minerva' to what I mentioned before. Didn't include MG 'Star of Yelta' because someone else said they were sending some.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Are 4 o'clocks ok to send in?

Lynn, if you have more 'Limelight Rose', those were a hugely popular trade item for me. I traded away almost all of mine. So I'll bet they'd go over fine here too. :)

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Pony,

I have a website I go to for germination instructions, but I am wondering where you look yours up in case they have plants not on mine...

Mine is http://www.backyardgardener.com/tm.html

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Diana and everyone...Diana said: " As in past years when seeds arrive I will list on my website."
Here is the address http://theresawecker.webs.com/unusualseedswap09.htm
I have just started it so I only have one entry. You will get an idea from it how it works.
Its alot of work for me,but so nice to see all the seeds available.
Whatever info you put on the packs is fine. We will be able to check info from the links I list with the seeds, or it will at least help...
4 0'clocks are good to send :)
Keep the questions and comments comin in!

Yardqueen, I generally either refer to a couple of books I have on propagating or just put the name of the plant and the word 'germination' in the google search box. www.Robsplants.com has good information on several plants. Here's another website I use regularly:
http://tomclothier.hort.net/page02.html

can I just label some 'mystery flower' if I don't know what it is? LOL

Pixy, thanks for the great seed germinating sites. Big help to those of us that are new to seeds.

Well, I didn't have any sites in particular that I used for germination info, but I guess I do now! Thanks, Yardqueen and Pixydish! :)

definately will be helpful sites in the future!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi, this sounds like it could be fun! I'm interested, but not sure yet what I'll have that's interesting, and probably won't have large quantities of any one type. Is it OK if you only send 1 or 2 packets of a particular seed?

I am sure theresa doesn't mind how many of each kind. just as long as it's 100 packs total, I think but I could be confused which is very easy for me to do! LOL

100 packs total? Yikes, I don't have that many seeds. : (

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I went back to the top of this thread, and it said "up to 100 packs". Yeah!!

What a relief.
Thank you Lynn
Lynn : )

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Whew, good news! I've got a small garden (and no greenhouse) and I've discovered the hard way that if I get too many packets of seeds that it becomes too hard to choose which to start. They ALL start to sound interesting...So, I start most of them and I end up with more babies than I know what to do with. ;)

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

any amount up to 100 packs. One year I didnt specify and someone sent 700 packs of seeds. It was just way to much for me to handle by myself.
After 4pm Im gonna get my own personal seeds logged in to the website.
I havent received any in the mail yet, but want to stay on top of it.
Its a beautiful sunny day here in Michigan....hope everyone is enjoying their day and thinking about the Veterans in your lives and in general that have served to help keep us all safe.

yep already called both my parents to wish them a happy vets day. and I told my 19 yo if he don't get out of bed soon I'm going to turn him from a soldier to a vet! He needs to GET a job!

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok, I have another qustion. About when will we be receiving the seeds?

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

In regard to the link I posted above for the germination info, I thought I had better let ya'll know that you have to scroll down past a LOT of general information to see the actual database with the germination information for the different varieties of seed. I realized that since there is so much information preceding the actual chart, that anyone viewing it might think that it was all like that.

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

I'd like to join too if there is room...

dee

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yes there is still room dee. You have until Dec. 1st to send your seeds.
I should have everything wrapped up no later than Dec. 6th and will send out on Dec. 7th.
if everything goes as planned. :)
I didnt get to finish listing my seeds today. Will try again tomorrow.
Have a good evening everyone.

I was going to mail mine today, but then I remembered it was a holiday. Oops! They'll go out tomorrow. :)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I still have some Lupine seed from Alaska,
Will that work?
Charleen
RRM

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

it sure will Charleen :)
I dont have any plants from Alaska :)

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

hi im new at this but would like to join I have
pink holly hocks--2 pkgs
black holly hocks--2 pkgs
columbine mixed these I took on trade--3 pkgs
yellow zinna-- 2pkgs
orange butterfly plant also took on trade--3 pkgs
morning glory--mixed pink & purple also took on trade-6 pkgs
am sending a close up pic of the zinna
thank you

Thumbnail by sissy70
Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome aboard sissy70!

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

thank you theresa when do i send them out and do i need to send money or stamps

This message was edited Nov 12, 2009 10:39 AM

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

Theresa I put $2.00 in your paypal account for the postage will send seeds tomorrow I hope this is right please let me know

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yes, thats right sissy.

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

this was only second time ive used my paypal eiser than i thought

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

YeaHaw!! We got it goin' now.
good. I will be glad to send the lupine, My
cousin got them for me and I will be glad to share.
charleen

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.