CLOSED: 4th Annual UNUSUAL seed swap

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

packets of 25 is fine pony :)

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Cool. Sorry for all the questions- this is my first multi-player swap. I just don't wanna screw up. LOL!

Munden, KS

I would also like to join in. I don't know if I have any unusual seeds or not. Thanks Karen W in KS

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i would love some of your Moonshine Asters please and thxs

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

everyone will get moonshine asters moretz :)

Thumbnail by Theresa
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Same here. The seeds I have most of are Vitex Agnus-castus and Purple Liatris. I have a lot of mixed zinnias, but they are very common I think. How many kinds of seeds do we need to have, or really how many packs of seeds do we need to send in? I have a LOT of seeds, and I think several are unusual. What if we don't know about the viabilitly of some seeds? I have too many questions, but I have never done this before.

Thanks,

Carol

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

I too have alot of qustions, so I will dmail you with them.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yardqueen, I am looking for ALL kinds of zinnias. Remember, what you think is common is somethng that someone else has been looking for! Everything you mentioned if welcome, no matter how common you think they may be :)

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

Great. thank you. You said to include postage. How much postage should I include?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Theresa,

I have just harvested lots of seeds from this Dark Red Hollyhock at a 150 year old heritage farmhouse in my neighborhood.

That Moonshine Aster in your picture is pretty cute too !

If you have room for another seed seed trader, I'm in.

Thanks,
Diana

Update 11/10/09 Sent out the seeds, Thirty packets,
20 of the Dk Red Hollyhocks and 10 of a Purple Coneflower (Echinacea)

This message was edited Nov 10, 2009 1:12 PM

Thumbnail by CreeksideFarm
Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Theresa, I mailed you my seeds yesterday as well as making a paypal payment to you for return postage.

Patricia

Zinnias? Oh! I have some "Purple Prince" zinnia seeds. I'll add a few packets to my mailer. Guess I shouldn't have sealed it up last night... LOL

I think I'd better go through my seed box and see what else I have. hehe.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

dixie. Postage is how much it costs for you to send it and and extra $1.00.
There is plenty of room for everyone....

Pittsburgh, PA

I would like to join .

I sent my seeds this afternoon and I remembered my postage!

Judy

This message was edited Nov 9, 2009 3:26 PM

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

I am going to try to join..... I will update this when I mail the seeds off. I will have to check my seed box & see what I can find. 2 more qustions. (((Sorry))))
Can I use a reg. envelope & wrap the seeds in bubble wrap?
Is it ok if they are small packs of seeds? (Like 10-15 cause I'm short on seeds right now)

*****UPDATED: Ok, I'm in :) *******

This message was edited Nov 10, 2009 8:07 PM

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

dixie, your sed size doesnt sound that small to me. Yes, you can use a reg envelope with bbble wrap :)

Oh, that's good because I have some very 'unusual' seeds that came with only about 10-15 in the whole package. Since I planted some, I'll have less than 10 seeds left. Like I have three seeds of Ensete glaucum. I bought some and there were 6 in the entire package. I think this qualifies as 'unusual' so I'm going to send them on.
I checked last year's thread and it looks like there were some really cool seeds sent in!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yes, I grew the lions tail before and they were really neat looking. I love any variegated plants and got to grow variegated lunaria, variegated horseradish, and some really pretty variegated morning glories.
Look how pretty the ligularia bloomed for me this year. I have lots of shade so I need lots of shade plants.
I also received this year filipendula. What a deep green with yellow variegation that makes an awesome pretty plant.
Happy Sunday to all.

Thumbnail by Theresa
Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

I think I have come to the right place. Thats exactly what I need, pretty shade plants. I have a few to share also.

Well, I have 20 packets of Chianti sunflower, and 10 packets of Zinnia 'Purple Prince' ready to go. Is there any interest in Morning Glory 'Star of Yelta'? I also have some 'Rocket Yellow' snapdragons, they get up to 3 feet tall!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I would love some snapdragons pony....I love growing them for the grandkids to 'snap'

St. Annaparochie, Netherlands

I would like to join the swap!

Okay! I have enough of those to make up a few good packets. I'll throw them in. :)

Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6b)

I would like to take part. Count me in.
Thanks,
Nick

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Glad to have you aboard new participants :)
Anyone grow this lily, its the Landini lily. I just cant get a true pic of how dark it is. This is close tho.

Thumbnail by Theresa
Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I would like to join the swap, but am not certain if my seeds are 'unusual" enough. I have lots of purple star of yelta morning glory, mammoth Russian sunflowers and three heights of yellow marigolds and calandula in 30 pack quantities. I have smaller amounts of other things including some veggies. I wouldn't want people to be disappointed.

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, I think I screwed up.... I didn't include the postage that I paid to send them too. I just sent the seeds, 10 empty seed baggies & $1 in cash. I'm not sure how much it even costed to mail mine because I had my mom to do it yesterday. How do I correct this?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Theresa,

That's a beautiful Dark colored Lily. I like it next to the Drumstick Alliums. Actually it's about the color of my Dark Red Hollyhock that I posted a picture of in my previous post up above.They could even be companion plants.

Did you save seeds from that Lily? I hope so, it would be fun to try those two together.

Diana

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

gardenquilt, you can send those...
dixie, do you have paypal? you can send $1.50 to gardenbabe@comcast.net
creekside, I didnt save the seeds :(

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I'm baaaaack! Got sidetracked by 5 teens and the stomach flu

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome back lol

lol

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Is it too late to join? I have Maiden's Blush Lilac Bush, white with pink edges gladiola seeds, lots of named pod parent Daylilies and some named Siberian Irises among other things. Are those unusual enough?

Linda

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

its not too late Linda! All mentioned seeds are welcome.

Hi, I would love to participate. This will be my first time for doing something like this. Hope I don't mess up. I will send packets of seed and postage money. Do I send a SASE also?
Lynn

Belton, TX

Yes, Lynn!...soo glad you joined us!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

no SASE Lynn, the money you send for postage covers that...dont forget to add an extra dollar as oftentimes you get more back than you sent.
Looking forward to you joining in the fun.

ok Theresa I think I have all my seeds ready!

Yeah! Hi MaryAnn. Some one I know (actually two some ones). : ) Creekside is here also.
Sunshine today so collecting last minute seeds. I am finding more seeds than I thought I had out there. Will spend a few days drying and then send to you Theresa. Have some seeds that came from Lebanon that I will send also.
Thank you Theresa

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

sounds great valleylynn!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.