CLOSED: 4th Annual UNUSUAL seed swap

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Would Bupleurum Rotundifolium 'Green Gold' be acceptable? If these would be Ok, I'll see what else I have.

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

they sound like a mouthful! LOL I'd like to try some of those!

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

theresa seeds are in the mail

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I just handed mine off to my mailman... they're on their way! :)

Hi Theresa, my seeds are in the mail. I forgot to put the money in so sent it by PayPal.
Lynn

Goldthwaite, TX(Zone 8a)

Please put me down for this swap. It sounds like a lot of fun, and I know I have a lot of extra seeds to share. Thanks, Patricia

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

Please put me down for this swap, My seeds are on their way.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Theresa,

Now to my next question, The wish list...

Once we have sent in our seeds and things come up on the list below us, can we tell you as we go along that we are interested in certain seeds?

For instance, Judith, just below me on the list shows a Formosa Lily. I would like to try that one, so how do I let you know that I am interested in the Formosa Lily?

Is there a place for us to post our wish lists?
Thanks,
Diana

I was kinda wondering how that was going to work, too.

I don't care surprise me! no wait i'd get stuck with trumpet vine and I hate that stuff

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

http://theresawecker.webs.com/unusualseedswap09.htm is where you all will find the seeds offered in the swap.
You will choose from the list Dec. 1st. Create your list and email it to me at gardenbabe@comcast.net
Easy as that!
So far 4 envelopes have arrived and I am in the process of finishing up the 4th one. They are already logged in at the website above.
Many people find creating their wish list from the website alot of fun, I hope you do too!

Is it spring yet? Thought I would tease with some spring flowers lol

Thumbnail by Theresa

Love those hyacinths. So pretty! :)

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Too bad, we can smell them. they have a beautiful Fragrance.
The Jeruselum Cherry, do I need to have a lot of seeds?
I have a few, mine stay green down here, and they have a pretty little
orange fruit. Of coarse, we don't want to eat them, but they are plants
that need no special care.
Charleen

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

you dont hav to havealot of seeds Charleen....pretty pic of it :)

I have these in my pasture,
the longears must like the beauty of them ^_^
or else they don't like the smell, cause they
haven't eat them.
Charleen

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hello everyone,

Theresa I just wanted to let you know that my seeds are on there way conf 03091140000213565916...

Thanks again

I'm working on mine. My goal is 100 packets. I don't know why. It just seems like a nice round number. I'm trying to keep the word 'unusual' in mind. Here is a sneak preview:

Thalictrum rochebruneanum -
Dierama pulcherrimum Darkest Red purple - angel's fishing rods
Solanum aviculare - kangaroo apple
Dicentra scandens- climbing yellow bleeding heart
Ornamental millet 'Purple Majesty'
Lespedeza bicolor
Crocosmia pottsii - tall form

Okay, that's only a few. I'm digging deep into the stockpiles of seeds. I wonder if that Jerusalem cherry will grow here?

If I can grow it in a pot in the house, I don't see why you couldn't! LOL

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Well I couldn't! LOL Can't grow hoseplant at all. I kill them. I am too busy with my outside plants to pay any attention to them.

I just wonder if it will do okay outside here. I'll have to look it up. We have such wet winters that lots of things drown here!

Could you grow it in a pot? They are pretty tough little plant.
My zone is 8B, it should make it. You can always save a
few seeds every fall to be sure. But they do self-seed.
Charleen

gieten, Netherlands

The Jeruselum Cherry, can bij ons alone as house plant its to cold in the netherlands
it grows very well in the house
so if can i want very much some of these seeds

marjolein

I would be very honored. I may have to go search for more seeds.
What fun!
Charleen

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

pixydish
i would love to have some of your
Dierama pulcherrimum Darkest Red purple - angel's fishing rods
please

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

looks like there is lots of interest in the seeds everyone is sending. Remember, mark your calendars and start sending your wish lists on Dec. 1st.
You can always add to your wish list at any time between Dec. 1st and Dec. 6th too.
This is gonna be alot of fun :)

I MAY have some Maypop seed (passiflora)
If anyone is interested.
Theresa, Can I put a piece of Papertowel in the little bggies with the new seed or do you
think they will be dry enough. I don't want them to get moldy.
Charleen

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

This is getting exciting!! I'm going thru my seeds and wondering how many packs, on average, should I send?

I heard maypop...one of my favorites!

I saw brazilian nightshade!!!!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Sounds like my Bupleurum will be just fine, so add me to the list! I'll be sending my seeds later-I'm still collecting and drying and searching. I'm not aiming for 100 packs, though. :)

Theresa, Am I understanding this right that we're going to wait until all the packs are posted and then send you a wish list? Then you'll sort them out and see who gets what? How do you decide who gets the limited ones? First list received, or mentions here, or number of seeds sent in, or sign-up order?

It's not raining today-gotta get outside!!

Thanks for asking that, Sue. I was wondering the same thing since Moretz posted she'd like the angel's fishing rod seeds. I don't think we have any way to promise our seeds to anyone in particular (or I'd be glad to oblige, Moretz).

I wonder if some of the packets with a lot of seed could be divided to make more packages available. I would be willing to send some empty ziplocks if so?
Some of my packets only have a few (4 to 10, only a few packets like this) seeds because that is all I had, but some are full and could be divided if more people wanted the same seeds.
Wish I would have thought of that before I sent the seeds, more packets would have been available then. : )
Edited because I made spelling mistakes.

This message was edited Nov 14, 2009 10:06 PM

I have some ones I made. If anyone needs them.
They are of paper.
Charleen

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Patricia W,
Is this what the nigella black and white that you sent in looks like?
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/1375/?cid=pext00012

Ow, that's pretty. I like that.
RRM

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ohhhhhhhhhh i like that too lol

Chillicothe, IL(Zone 6a)

That is so striking.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

The nigella I listed is Nigella 'African Queen' I couldn't open the link to see if it was the correct picture. These are open pollinated, so I hope they come true. Mine were white with a black center.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Terrific! The picture was of 'African Bride', probably the same thing? I didn't want to mention a variety in case it was something different.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hello participants and posters :)
I received several more packs of seeds yesterday and am in the process of listing them at the website. I dont know if I will hve time to provide links for all of them but will try.
Several have asked how I determine what i send from the wish lists. I use several factors.
I go thru the wish lists in no particular order. The longer the wish list the easier it is for me to provide items from it. If someone has a wish list and have listed 20 things and I have all 20 things thats awesome. Then the next list has 5 things and I only have 1 thing left available, I may take one of the 20 things from the first list and give it to the second one. I do number each participant as their items arrive. This helps me keep track from the website and also helps keep track to send out. As packages come in I make a list of their names and addresses and how much postage they sent. If they forgot postage I notify them so they can send it.
Well, Im off to start listing more seeds at the site. Have a great day everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.