CLOSED: 4th Annual UNUSUAL seed swap

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

********************************NOV 30th.............THERE IS A NEW THREAD NOW http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1059565/ PLEASE USE IT FOR FURTHER DISCUSSIONS.

ATTENTION: THIS SWAP IS FOR ALL SEEDS, ANNUALS AND PERENNIALS! JOIN IN THE FUN!!!
Its that time of year again. Im really looking forward to this years unusual swap. I have some interesting seeds collected and Im ready for fun.
You may send up to 100 packs of seeds. You may send up to 30 packets of the same thing. As in past years when seeds arrive I will list on my website. You will then get to create a wish list and I will fill as many as possible.
***Send your seeds along with return postage. you may send postage in the form of cash, check, stamps, money order, paypal. Paypal addy is gardenbabe@comcast.net
You may send anytime between now and Dec. 1st. Please add an extra $1 as oftentimes you will be getting back more than you send. I will also send a surprise with your seeds to all participants.
Im hoping for a good turnout and please post here if you are participating so I can keep track.
Send to:
Theresa Wecker
241 S. Second St.
Marine City, MI
48039-1701
PICTURE is of Moonshine Asters, one of the unusuals I am offering.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2009 3:20 PM

This message was edited Nov 5, 2009 12:28 PM

This message was edited Nov 30, 2009 7:12 AM

Thumbnail by Theresa
gieten, Netherlands

please i want to join
you have a d mail

marjolein from the netherlands

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i want to join also thxs so much for doing this it was fun last year

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

i'm a seed junkie
i'm a seed junkie

watchin' seeds go by
my, oh my!

i'm a seed junkie
i'm a seed junkie

here comes one
now

This message was edited Nov 5, 2009 9:55 AM

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I hope you participate this year Lazlo. I always enjoy the unique seeds you send :)

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure I have any 'unique' or 'unusual' seeds but I want to participate me too please!

Southborough, MA(Zone 6a)

Theresa-
Is there a closed thread from last year I can look at to see what you mean by "unusual"?
Thanks!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I want to Join also ... Thanks Trish

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

herbspirit - - go to Theresa's member page and use the link labeled as "View the threads Theresa has started" . . . it will be in those from late Oct to early Nov. 2008

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

herbspirit....unusual refers to what you think is unusual. Maybe something you have never grown before, something that is a new color for you. Really its anything......
dont worry....just send what you have...I try to make it easy for all of us. :)
And something you may think is common may be something someone has been looking for for years!

so my purple cauliflower might make someone else happy? lol My kids prefered the pink but I can't find anymore!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

I'd love to join. I think I have some very unusual things to share

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL. Trina! I am sure purple cauliflower qualifies...
And maybe some of the seeds I am sending you will too!

yeah but I want those for myself....LOL

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL... I will send extra of some if I can...

LOL...but the excess water spider orchids I got would be good...LOL

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

oh great, now Im off to look up water spider orchid!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Me too!

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Water Spider Orchid, Creeping Orchid- Habenaria repens... No picture!

But if it looks anything like its cousin Hammock False Reinorchid, Distans Habenaria-
Habenaria distans, I can see wahere it got its name! And yes, I think it is unusual.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

here's picture of water spider growing in my greenhouse. Picture was taken a 2-3 weeks ago

Thumbnail by bigred

yep bigred would know I got them from her! LOL the kids are facsinated with them!

gieten, Netherlands

mine envy is on the way
i hope you have this on time

marjolein from the netherlands

Snellville, GA(Zone 8a)

Good Morning Everyone.

Yes, please sign me up I would love to join.
Marjolein you are fast your envy is in the mail already
I know that you really have some unusually seeds.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

cjcjmass, send your seeds to:
Theresa Wecker
241 S. Second St.
Marine City, MI
48039-1701
I need them to be sent between now and Dec. 1st.
Yes, Marjolein has some awesome unusual seeds. This year from last years that Marjolein sent I planted variegated lunaria. Wow the plants were big and oh so cool looking :)

is it no more than 10 packs per type right, Theresa?

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

trina, you can have up to 30 of the same for this swap. I'll edit the top so everyone will know. I always leave out some details it seems, but it generates some good conversations :)

ahhh ok, I see said the newbie...LOL

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Okay, stupid question- how much return postage to include? The same as the postage for what we sent +$1? Just want to make sure I don't screw this up... LOL

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

yes pony, same postage for what you sent plus $1 You got it right :)
pic is of hot lips turtlehead. Will be collecting seeds this weekend.

Thumbnail by Theresa
Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Heres some of the 14 ft tall hollyhocks I grew.
Im looking for:
hollyhocks
zinnias

Thumbnail by Theresa
gieten, Netherlands

hello theresa
if you still looking for hollyhocks
look at mine website http://members.ziggo.nl/bartjestuinzaden on the tweejarigen [means biennuals] if you see some hollyhocks than i sent you a second envy with these to you

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

bartjestuin, I would love:
Capsicum annuum "variegata"
Leonotis nepetifolia:
Alcea rosea "the watchman":
helenium moerheim beauty
THANKS!

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

I would love to trade and send in my unusual seeds. Will try to get them in mail the week before Thanksgiving when i will have a break.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Is Jeruselun Cherry, strange enough?
RRM

I have lots of 'strange and different' seeds. Count me in!

All I have is my Chianti sunflowers... but judging by what a popular trade item they've been for me, I think they're okay for this. They are a lovely and unusual color.

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

I LOVE chianti sunflowers! I would be happy to have them and any sunflowers in this swap. :)

I have some beautiful mammoth blue hosta seeds for this swap. I never knew how super easy it is to grow hosta from seed! In the background on the right is the hosta that the seeds came from.

Thumbnail by Theresa

Oooh that hosta is gorgeous.

Glad to hear the Chianti will work- I have plenty of them. They're in packets of 25, is that good, or should I make them bigger?

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Sunflowers are always a great choice.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.