How long have you been a member at Dave's Garden?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)
There are a total of 480 votes:

Less than a year.
(83 votes, 17%)
Red dot

Between one and two years.
(77 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Between two and four years.
(141 votes, 29%)
Red dot

Between four and six years.
(121 votes, 25%)
Red dot

Between six and eight years.
(31 votes, 6%)
Red dot

More than eight years!
(27 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

7 years and 7 months

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

7 years 2 months for me.
8 Roundups & many visits to other members of Dave's.
See some of you in KY in a couple of weeks!

WUVIE, I think you better go back & recount.

Bernie

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

3 years 3 days... WOW! Glad you asked. I didn't realize it was so close to my DG "birthday"! I LOVE it here! I've learned so much. Thanks!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I joined the day after Melody, Jan 8, 2001. For about a nickel a day, I have lots of fun, have made friends, learned, had things id'd, helped a bit here and there, and just had a great time! I met a few people too, including Melody!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

The very best part of the 3 years is being able to share the successes and failures in growing with other plant lovers! Wouldn't trade DG for any site on the internet and that includes any site with any subject!!!
Thanks to all the staff!
gail

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

5 years 4 months and my favorite website......

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2009 Nubie here and learning so much. Joining DG is the smartest thing this gardeners done in a while. Thanks bunches Dave!

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Just 1 year and 1 month. This is my favorite site too. I don't do so much gardening anymore but try to pass on what little knowledge i've learned. Of course i always learn more here also.

i have been an off and on lurker since June 17, 2004...mostly to look up the care of plants that i bought in the plantfiles...now that i'm getting more into container gardening i thought it was time to become a subscriber as of June 5th of this year...DG is now my favorite website and my home page!

Mullins, SC(Zone 8a)

4 years 10 months and lovin' every minute of it.

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

I think Dave's getting an ego trip here! ^_^

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Pa - For all the angst he gets this is the least we can do for him!

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Whenever anyone asks how I learned so much about plants, or where I got this one or that one, I tell them about Dave's.I tell them that it's like an on-line garden club.
Thanks, Dave! It is definately the best gardening site on-line!
DeeS

Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

Eight years is the time I have been here .
Eight years, I grow up with DG both in gardening and in my English study.
And more importantly, I have made many friends.
It is DG that makes my life meaningful, wonderful.
DG is unique.
Especially thank Diana G. aka WantabeGardener from MI,
who in the beginning introduced me to this friendly gardening community.
Jianhua

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

AWW missingrosie- thank you! See how nice this place is??

(Next survey--How many Swaps have you been to?)

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

going be 6 yrs on 13th of this month....

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

Just a few days short of 8 years 8 months, when DG was but an infant.

Jan. 4, 2001

Jean

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I have been a member for five and a half years now and don’t know what I ever did before I joined here! It was like life just began when I joined Dave’s lol It’s been so long I can’t even remember how I stumbled across Dave’s probably had something to do with the plantfiles I wish I could remember! lol

Thank you Dave for all of your hard work! Did you ever in your dreams think your site would be this big! To have such a wonderful caring person with a LOT of patients is just the icing on the cake there is no place else that I could ever even think of being ;-)

My gardens are just full of smiles all because of you, thank you for that too!

Lea

Lake in the Hills, IL(Zone 5a)

Due to google search results and to the quality of content in Plant Files, I've been visiting that area for a few years. Checked out the rest of the site on a rainy day in June 2009 and signed up for a trial within hours. It was a no brainer to extend membership at the end of the 60 days!

Thanks for DG site! It's now a regular part of my day and have learned so much from it this summer. Looking forward to continued enjoyment and enlightenment here.

~Sharon

Xai Xai, Mozambique

just 2 months, and I LOVE IT!!! I am on the tropical gardening forum, it suits me great! Dave, thank you for this wonderful site, its the best i know. and thank you all members for articles, pictures, and threads. i have learned a lot.
Isaac

Florence, MS(Zone 7b)

Less than a year and now it's my biggest addiction ;-)

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I had to go to my info page and see when I joined. I can't believe it's been almost 5 years!! What a great family here! Thanks to Dave and all the DG Admin staff who keep this a great place to be.

Just hover your mouse over your name or any name and it will tell you when you joined - Jan. 16, 2006 for you.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

4 years and 22 days. My how time has flown! I would have guessed 2 years, but found the actual date on "my info".
I kept doing searches on the plants I wanted to buy and kept landing on Dave's Garden with the picture of the plant and the comments of those who grew it and a list of areas where it grew. Pretty soon I looked for the home page. In no time I joined and not long after that the Rocky Mountain Forum was started. Now it is hard to get my housework and dishes done. Too much fun to be had on DG and in the garden.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Neat pirl! I love getting tips like that. I learn something new all the time on daves!! ^_^ (Like that from Dave himself!)

This message was edited Sep 1, 2009 3:39 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cool! Thanks pirl.

PlantFiles is what got me her too!
Thanks pirl

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm so new I still squeak. Less than 2 months. Joined July 4, 2009. Usually hang out on Cottage Gardening, Roses, Beginning Landscaping, and "watch" several others. People have been so helpful and friendly. Thank you, Dave, for the site and all the wonderful forums. And thank you to all who have given their advice and encouragement. Hope to have some "real" gardens to show off next year.

Pirl, I didn't know about holding the mouse over a name and seeing info. That's really neat.

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

Neither did I cheers pirl.
Judy, welcome aboard! I'm still squeeky after over a year, LOL ^_^

How do you say squeeky in French?

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I will have 5 years on the 24th of this month! I found Dave's 7 months after I moved from FL to Maryland and knew NOTHING about gardening. I mean nothing - in zone 9/10 FL plants don't die and come back next year, leaves don't fall and there is no last frost date. Thanks to Dave's and the friendly people on here willing to share their heaps of knowledge I can speak "garden" and am actually the go to person at work with all gardening questions! I have even met in person, eaten with, been to their house, become friends and traveled with people I met on Dave's.

Where else can you say all that about "just" a website? Many thanks to all who contribute to my life through DG!

-Kim

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Since November, 2003 - too tired to do the math! (I think I may have clicked the wrong button when I voted!)

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

grinçant = squeaky French, Kiikii Japanese.

Jon

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Jon, Ha! You were reading my mind! Since you had said you were 'squeaky', and you're from Japan, I was about to ask you what 'squeaky' is in Japanese,...and you already wrote it! Kiikii... is that it? That's so cool! Well, I'm kinda squeaky too, I mean, I'm Kiikii !

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Two years, four months. Yep, PlantFiles reeled me in, too!

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the welcome, Pajonica. As I said, the people I have met here are great. But I really said something stupid ... I said "put the mouse over the name ... " and I meant put the "cursor" over the name. Duh! Sorry. (I tried putting the mouse over the name and it didn't work LOL)

Tokyo, Japan(Zone 10a)

JudyinGa,
I knew what you meant, It's the mouse that's stupid! LOL! He he.Perhaps not as stupid as me!
I like you already!

Jon

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

It'll be 9 years in December for me.

ROFL- all of you

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.