CLOSED: Seed Junkie Chit Chat - Newbies Welcome 08/22/09

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Hee ya go.. a whole new thread

We Came From Here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1028720/

this is the bouquet my son and I picked from our garden...

Thumbnail by cue_chik
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning Cue. Lovely bouquet.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Thanks cue! That is a very pretty way to start my day!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Good morning skellogg and Robin

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Morning All. Beautiful bouquet cue. Brightens the start of a dreary old day here.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Good morning all! Think I'll go yard saling this morning and see if I can find any goodies for my gardens. Anybody need anything?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL.. I need a Goth Trellis.... ROTFL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Now Cue,
What exactly would a goth trellis look like? Can you draw it and post it?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL... nooooooooo... you know, wrought iron, black... comes to a point at the top...lol

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Gals I don't know if anybody would be interested but Gilbert Wild is having a 1/2 price sale on his daylilies.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

who is Gilbert Wild and where might I find a list of the daylilies?

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Yep - We have Saturday yard sales in Hornell, too. Wifey wants to eat a quick breakfast and cut loose soon. Dear God... I probably should go with her.

Al

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Goodmorning Everyone - Cue beautiful flowers - thankyou for the morning cheer with my coffee!

aaaaaHHHHHHHHH Garage saleing.....now there's a thought....nope have to catch my husband as soon as toes hit the floor...got garden prep to do...lol...I just want to go and poke him...lol...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Im thinking about heading over to Lowe's to see whats on the clearance racks.. then a trip by Wally World to pick up some last minute school supplies... WOOT!

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Al -

LoL - That thought would terrify my husband almost as much as what I'd bring home if he didn't...

Hugs,

Jamie

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

cue just type in Gilbert H Wild and it should come up. He has irises ,and hostas too on sale . I guess it is the end year clearence sale He has so great stuff I have bought from him b4 and never no problems with it.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

That's exactly why I go with her. I promised not to buy a new truck just for that very reason.

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Cue,,,,,back away from the school supplies, I think it is like the mopping...just saying Cue..I was there when you takled about the crates of school supplies you are harboring...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Not to buy a new truck so she could go to yard sales ? Or HD half price flower sales? Either way Al you are a good guy...

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I'll keep my eyes open for a goth trellis! Gotta find some obelisks for the new clems! Can't be gone long tho, as I have to help catch a prize heifer calf that escaped from the county fair last week! Little sucker has been running wild for a week, halter and lead attached, and we finally found her! Hope she goes to the sale barn when we get her caught! Won't be able to check out Gilbert's sale til tonight, probably.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Skell take lots of grain she will be hungry...Hey we could Auction her off right here have you seen Seray and Mekos Auctioning Skills?

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Lowe's will probably be on our list for the heat of the afternoon. I want to start a Lazagna (sp) garden but, as I have nothing green...lol...that's out until the spring...I'll get some stuff to add to the dirt I have in the beds I have...and start there...My husband got a ph kit...I'm going to start there this morning and play mad scientist before he wakes up ..... whahaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

OH I just wish I was rich for about 10 minutes and I would have it spent . Great buys on there.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh but you have grass clippings and lettuce and gardens that you are harvesting. That is green...

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Skel,

I'll be the judge! :o)

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Robin,

We don't have grass down here right now...our Grass goes dorment in the heat and ours has been over 100 since about mid May and we have had record draught so no mowing is happening (hasn't been for a couple of months)and there is no lettuce growing this time of year for the same reason. I know it probably seems strange to folks in other climates - normal climates - 9b is weird. I do have some in the fridge that's iffy (lettuce not grass)I could use...lol...

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Here ya go if interested

www.GilbertHWild.com presents their Season Ending Sale- NOW Online.

Free Peony with Every Order $60 or more- Enter Code SEGW at Checkout

Gilbert H. Wild & Son has launched their Season Ending Sale- the BEST sale of the year from Wild's. Enjoy daylily prices that are nearly wholesale and shop our reduced pricing on our iris, peonies, hosta, lilies, and collections. You've waited all year for this sale- don't miss out!

If you've had trouble viewing our emails please see this promotion online - http://www.gilberthwild.com//emails/2009_8/bestsale.htm

~ Click any banner image or link within the online version of our email to enter our Season Ending Sale. ~

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

jamie.. coffee grounds, tea, manure, grass clippings, pine needles, fresh leaves.. these are all green.. surely you have those around your house?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Flower did you do that yourself? the links? Yeah!! She got it!! Now you know how to link the newbie stuff too right?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

NO I can do links from other places to here but just exactly what to do here to set one up I don't know. I don't know where to go to get it started and then transfer it to my damails. If I could figure that part out I would be fine. Where do you go to set one up?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

you go to the page that you are trying to copy the link from... say free seed for newbies... once on that page... look up at your address bar at the top.. copy that.. its the link tot he page.. then paste it where ever you want.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Right click the link you want to copy from the address bar to get the menu with copy listed. After than you can paste it to your heart's content until you either copy something else or shut down your computer.
You might want to keep a notebook handy to write down step by step instructions for the things you want to do on a computer like this so when you forget you can look it up to refresh your memory on how to.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Ok If I do this then can I write my own intro to the newbies? Usually I do copy and paste the link,but then if I wanted to write my own intro I didn't know if I could or not. I know I did try to copy and paste once and I couldn't get it to take. It copied but wouldn't paste into my dmail, so I thought I was doing it wrong?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Do it just like you did the link to the sale only put it in your dmail just make sure there is a space between the first letter of the link and the last letter of the link and any word that comes before or after it. THat is probably why it didnt work before the link you paste has to be free from contacting any other letters. Practice and send them to me...I help you.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL I give it a try and see what happens and if I have problems with it I'll holler. LOUD AND CLEAR. LOL

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Cue

Trying this again - lol - had a comp malfunction -lol- no I don't have grass clipping one around here...lol...our carpet grass goes dorment in the heat and coupled with the worst draught since 1887 everything's just about is brown accept for some trees...there is some trimming to be done so green leaves in a couple of weeks is a good idea - when the temps break and I can trim a little without hurting the trees...thanks for the idea (i knew you were brilliant!)....I really should post pics because I know people think I'm nuts when I discribe what it looks like here right now...lol...you can't even get a bale of hay from this season in this county. The county doesn't even have to trim by the road. The ginned cotton from the irrigated fields is sitting stored, baled in the fields because it's so dry. The Orange groves are barren. Everyone who has landscape and lawn are keeping them alive and going but, not over watering so there just aren't any clippings. Manure I could buy though...I'm in farm not ranch country but, I do have a Lowe's! Pine's don't grow in this part of the country - I know it's been a whole new learning curve for me...BUT I DO have Coffee grounds! We DO drink alot of coffee and know many that do...AND there is that unrulley whatever you call it bush that volunteered to grow and won't be beaten down that would probably give up some green now that I look out the window...hhhhhhuuuuuummmmmmm.....

Here's our new Brug sprout thread. Chant and all. LOL

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1030128/

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Morning everyone! Trying to catch up - lol.

Cue - pretty blooms! I gotta buy school supplies today too - waaahhh. Rained last night - yippee! Still wet and cooler this morning. Hoping for more rain . . .

loca (from the desert where rain is a special occasion)

Arroyo City, TX(Zone 9b)

Kelly,

Don't forget you promised to send some this way...lol...the 30 seconds yesterday doesn't count. My husband told me he heard they had 2 actual showers about 15/20 minutes each about 30 minutes from here...good sign...I'm sssssssoooooo happy for you...I'll bet the air feels so fresh and clean...lol...can you catch the note of jelousy...oooooo envy something green for my lazagna garden....

Hugs,

Jamie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.