CLOSED: Irises for seeds Auction #2 Named Irises for seed

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Here you go make a bid....Beautiful Irises donated by Mit here at Dave's Garden all you bids will be donated to the newbie box....Introduce yourself and look under your bed, in the coat closet at your neighbors ...whatever it takes to find the seeds....Seray and Meekos will be the go to girls for this and I will pick the winner... the date of start is here tonight and finish last bid will be Friday 8pm August 21 2009!!!
Good Luck ...

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Directions for free seeds for newbies http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbie thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1027092/
Come on over...

Lancaster, OH(Zone 6a)

Ok now I should be able to get the timeline on this one.. lol Im working on my boxes...

Can I included Bulbs in my bid? I think I have a gallon ziploc bag full somewhere I can donate all in good health for part of my bid.

Thumbnail by ladybarber101
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

ladybarber101
I don't know why not I am sure newbies would like a bulb now and again anyone else think so???
Welcome to the auction

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

are you here Seray, Cue, KT2 someone....

I think that would be great!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Present - lol. Bulbs would be good. You can store them pretty easily until you get a special request or just surprise someone with them.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes I think it would be wonderful!!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Im here...lol

Seeds and Bulbs for Newbies!!! I'm offering my 10 beautiful Irises from Mitt to increase Arejay's stash of seeds. Every Newbie that comes in as a subscriber to Dave's is welcomed and encouraged to get their free pack of seeds.

If you want to see a person turn into a gardner all it takes really is a few free seeds and a forum to ask questions, be welcomed, and be exposed to experts like yourself.

Second chance!

Almost forgot! I'm including 8 Black Bat seeds and 10 Giant Himalayan Lily seeds. And I stand corrected Black Bats grow everywhere North and South. LOL

This message was edited Aug 16, 2009 10:03 PM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 12:15 AM

That you Goth Girl.

Send all those seeds lovers over here. LOL

This message was edited Aug 16, 2009 9:55 PM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Its late I am sure we will have lots of interest as the week comes Seray ...people not here are digging for their seed stashes waiting for their husbands and wives and kids to go to work so they wont know the extent of their addiction....then watch out the bids will begin....

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Goodnight everyone....Thank You all again...

I think you're right Arejay. Lots of excitement for one day that's for sure. Have a good night. Thanks to you and Mitt again!!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Isnt it amazing how many flowers you can grow and how many friends you can make with a package of seeds...Lots of very generous and very nice people here...I think bulbs are a great addition to the newbie package... Trish

Hey you guys, I have 10 red spider lilies to bid.
10 bulbs-Red Spider lily
10 seed Pods- Candy Lily(red/orange with black spots)
5 seeds- Yellow Ipomoea (morning glory)
10 seeds-Mixed Ipomoea (morning glory)-lavender,blue,pink, stripes etc.
5 seed Pods-Cleopatra Canna lily
5 seed pods-Cleome Red Dwarf
5 seed pods-Cleome mix
5 seed- White silk tree
1 package- Gunnera Tinctoria-Chilean Rhubarb
5 seed -Zeas Mays- Strawberry corn
10 seeds Red Cardinal climber vine

How is this for a start?

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi all. I am a brand new member of DG (zone 6a) and I know next to nothing about gardening. I'm just trying to get started planting flowers in my yard. I currently am the (proud owner) of 2 roses bushes (one of which is in a planter). That's it.

I would love to be involved in the seed trading thing but I have no seeds to trade. At least I don't think so as I've never seen a rose bush seed. Pathetic aren't I?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome Lolly. Did you get new seeds from arejay59? If not, go d-mail her and get started. Do you like container gardening best or want to start in your yard? Tell us your likes and zone.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Welcome LollyJean!

Its easy enough to acquire seed to begin trading! Check out the 'Free Seeds For Newbies' thread for instructions on how to obtain your newbie envelope of seeds! believe me, you'll have plenty to trade then!

just follow this link:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1027092/

once there, click the link for directions int he first post!

Once again, welcome!

This message was edited Aug 16, 2009 11:30 PM

Shepherdsville, KY

Oh we have another KY girl ! She should be in 6a like me.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2009 11:37 PM

Woot-hoot as cue would say. Welcome aboard. We just need to know what kind of plants she would like growing in her yard or containers. This could be fun.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Kentucky is taking over - lol. Welcome to the funny farm LollyJean! We're lots of fun and love to chat.

Why are you all up so late anyways? Geez.

Kelly

Shepherdsville, KY

nite nite to all....

Thanks for the starting bid Mekos. Love that ornamental Rhubarb. Very cool plant.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

The auction is certainly getting the attention of the newbies...I have had several letters from newbies that never saw the offer for free seeds or were as Seray said shy about joining....thank you mekos and all of you for including the newbies...well you are newbies ....what am I talking about, imagine that you are newbies...you are a great bunch...I know with your energy this too will be a great Auction,
Robin

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I have checked out a few other website/forums and DG seems to have the friendliest people. I have discovered that my bedding areas are full of rocks so it looks like I'm going to have to go with raised beds or containers. My first ? may seem pretty stupid (but won't be my last stupid one I'm sure) but where do I get the dirt to "raise" my beds? Do I go to a box store and buy a ton of gardening soil or what? Hubby is already building structures to keep the dirt contained so I've got that part figured out. Do I just clear out all the weeds and dump the dirt in?

I plan to send the envelope for my newbie seeds tomorrow. Very excited about that!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I would find a Co that has good top soil to buy from if you are going to need a huge amount. Then you can add your compost and what ever to that. If a smaller amount buying from Walmart or a garden center would be ok. It just all depends on the amount your going to need.

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

Do I get my soil now before winter or is this something I should wait til the Spring to do?

Also I know that this is the seed trading thread. Should I move my question to another forum?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Lolly look here or find a dump truck going by your property ask a neighbor if they know anything about them and call one of them to deliver a truckfull I pay around 300.00 for a truckfull that is like 20 yards I think it will fill like 8 or ten maybe more 4x 13 gardens raised beds and many other spots in the yard
Whoops link to contractors in your area http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?PG=L&search=Find+It&STYPE=S&C=sand+loam+and+gravel&sid=12213&SRC=comwp&R=N&S=KY&T=FLORENCE

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 8:45 AM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 8:48 AM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 8:49 AM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

This is the auction thread just come on over to the newbie thread we will take good care of you
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1027092/

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Here is my bid

5 Evergreen Wisteria
20 Christmas Senna
20 Lavender Vitex
10 Pink Four O'clocks
2 Plumeria Seeds
5 Crepe Myrtle Seeds
10 Pink Mimosa Seeds
2 red spider lilies
5 assorted Gladiola Bulbs
10 Parrot lily seeds
2 walking iris white with purple in the center
10 crocosmia orange bulbs
5 Star Jasmine seeds
plus
32,065 weed seeds which are flowers to someone in another state....ROTFLOL

I better go look and see what else.

Sandy

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 2:02 PM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 2:10 PM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 10:08 PM

Morning everyone

I like the idea of Bulbs for Newbie's now that I've had a chance to sleep on it. So far the 2nd contest Irises for Seeds has a nice start.

The Winner will receive:

10 beautiful Irises from Mit,
1 pack of Black Bat Flower seeds
10 Giant Himalayan Lily seeds.
A free years subscription to DavesGarden.

Arejay can use any type of seed, veggies, flowers and herbs. Bulbs will be a small pack of possibilities for the new gardner. All will be appreciated.

Thanks Sandy!!

Nice bid.

Do you have Irises now?

Greenwich, OH

Here is my bid:

Single peach hollyhock 15-seeds
Single yellow hollyhock 15-seeds
Siloam French doll X Little Grapette daylily 15- seeds
Radiation Biohazzard X Grey Witch 15-seeds
Japanese Tie Die Blue morning glory 10 -seeds
Sunsmile Blue Japanese morning glory10 seeds
Benarys mix zinnia12-seeds
Custard and Cream 4 oclocks10-seeds
Double click cosmos 12-seeds
Japanese trifle tomato seed 10- seeds
Abraham Lincoln tomato10-seeds
Sugar and cream Datura-10-seeds
Coral peony poppy(annual poppy) 1 teaspoon of seed

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Seray you are doing such a good job making people aware of the newbies....

Thanks Arejay Always nice to have Newbies. Keeps us on our toes right?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes keeps us going gives us a reason to collect seeds...

Shepherdsville, KY

MY BID
$35.00 off Brecks coupon.
Black Bat Flower seeds 3
BLACK EYED SUSAN VINE seeds 10
sweet william, BIENNIAL/PERENNIAL, 25 seeds
hollyhock, INDIAN SPRING MIX 15 seeds
hollyhock, Summer Carnival Mixed 50+ seeds
hollyhock Black Nigra 50+ seeds
and a few burg seeds.....

THANKS Hollyhock!!!

Love those Brug SEEDS!!! LOL I mean Burg. :) And I've been drooling over Breck's myself.

Here's the link to their catalog:
http://brecks.com/default.asp?EID=081506&sid=713288&gclid=CJS_gtGTq5wCFSkHswodMnXajg&bhcd2=1250527640

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 11:53 AM

Cherryvale, KS

I think this is great! The only thing I could bid would be daffodils and iris! LOL Besides my yard is full! How is Mitt doing? I haven't heard from him in Ages! pic Debrene

Thumbnail by NickysIris

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.