Anyone have rebloom on rebloomers yet?

Gainesville, TX

oops, failed to mention this is Bountiful Harvest

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for sharing the photo sharondippity It would be a good one for me to try too.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

IrisMA and I counted 15 buds before she left yesterday. There is another bloom stalk coming, I hope it will bloom next spring!

Knoxville, IA(Zone 5a)

Last summer (2008) I set out a new bed of Iris from a Dave's garden coop. I've never had a reblooming iris before, so was thrilled to have three of them bloom again this fall. This one is 'July Yellow' and bloomed the first week in October.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2009 11:20 PM

Thumbnail by edyhill
Knoxville, IA(Zone 5a)

The second one to bloom was 'Autumn Wine'. It has about 6 blooms on it now with lots more buds. It also bloomed last fall, the first year it was planted.

Thumbnail by edyhill
Knoxville, IA(Zone 5a)

'Mariposa Autumn' opened it's first bloom on Oct. 17th. I'm enjoying these so much as most of my other flowers, except the mums, are finished for the season. I'd love to add a couple more rebloomers!

Knoxville, IA(Zone 5a)

I thought I had the photo attached for 'Mariposa Autumn'. Goofed on that one. Here it is

Thumbnail by edyhill
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Edyhill, those are beautiful.

Santa Ynez, CA

my Mariposa Autumn bloomed a week ago, beautiful stalk out among the sticks:) had to bring it in to enjoy and wow what a stalk......

Thumbnail by makj
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Those are a beautiful sight this time of year. Thanks

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

That is really lovely.

Santa Ynez, CA

thanks, I was really very surprised as I was in and out of the garden and did not notice a stalk, and then among the leaves and weeds here is a beauty..........

Gainesville, TX

welllllll I have Mariposa autumn too and never a re-bloom

Ima Whinin

Santa Ynez, CA

it has been a bloomin fool for me, since I dug so much and moved stuff, I don't know how many rebloomers I will have this year.......

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Okay, so I walk out this morning to see TB English Cottage and IB Constant Companion both with multiple blooms on them.

Talk about a surprise...

Santa Ynez, CA

out scanning iris and weeds:) and saw another stalk coming on Mariposa Autumn, stalking from 2 weeks ago is still blooming in the house, and all the buds on that stalk are blooming now the small buds that i thought would not open are blooming............amazing........

South Hamilton, MA

Luckily Jumper 2 lives close to Lake Erie as the freeze warnings were for counties south of her location. IB Champagne Encore started in bloom Sept. 18 & is still going. Her front yard garden is out of scale for TB irises, but the medians are quite a show in the spring & this iris in the fall. It was such a show this fall that we both wonder how it will be next spring, although there are other irises to spring bloom. It probably should be divided in July, information which talky mother has already produced.

Knoxville, IA(Zone 5a)

Almost everything else in my garden froze off a couple weeks ago, but both Autumn Wine and Mariposa Autumn are still blooming. Autumn wine has 9 or 10 blooms on the small clump I just set out the summer of 08.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

We've had one very hard freeze last week. Since then, our weather has moderated quite a bit. Feels more normal here now than it was for the first three weeks of October. There was lots of clean-up and deadheading left which we worked on during the last three days. I had not expected that Rosalie Figge would have survived the freeze, but to my surprise, she was still blooming on Thursday and while the flowers were small, I really enjoyed them. There are still buds left to open and I may cut them and bring them in.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Champagne Encore still going! It started Sept. 18, temps at night in the 40's.

Thumbnail by jumper2
Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

What a trooper that Champagne Encore is! Tucked in there with the autumn leaves...ya' gotta' luv it! Thanks for the photo!
Peg

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Pretty jumper2. What an ending to the growing season! Is it scented at all?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Don't know about scent, I've never put my nose to it.

Hyannis, MA(Zone 7a)

Just cut 2 beautiful blooming stalks ...have to go find the name. Did not expect anything, looked out the kitchen window and there they were! In a really neglected bed. Think they like it that way!! Have been there maybe 3 years. Purple and white with a wonderful scent.
It is Autumn Tryst

This message was edited Oct 25, 2009 2:40 PM

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Midsummer Night's Dream is blooming again! Also currently in bloom in Prince Pele (SDB) and Northward Ho. We are still waiting for October Splendor, Late Lilac, and Feed Back to open. Sky Willow has come and gone for the fall.

R>

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's an odd one - SDB Pause decided to open back up and it's not even listed as a rebloomer...one flower all unfurled and a second waiting.

South Hamilton, MA

Probably not a rebloomer in Australia-its home. Different climates do funny things.

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

"Bountiful Harvest"
Blooming today in my garden. Still blooming strong now after 2 weeks.
Isn't she a beauty?

Thumbnail by rainy_jane

She is a beauty - especially at this time of year. I found more buds on a NOID purple SDB that has already rebloomed. Not sure if the buds will get a chance to open before the weather gets really cold!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

What a great treat this time of year. Very nice and so is Champagne Elegance.

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Igrowinpa... your noid sounds wonderful...wouldn't it be nice if they all rebloomed 3 times. What would you call it a triple bloomer?

Isn't it sad when the weather turns cold with a chance of frost, when you have iris with big buds just waiting to open. I always cut mine and bring them in and hope they will go ahead and bloom...some do and some don't, but at least I gave them a chance.

rebloomnut you are so right, there's nothing that quite lifts ones spirit on a chilly fall day like these rebloomers.

Raleigh, NC

Suttons chart lists them as "multi rebloomers, I think, those that will rebloom more than once.

I'd love to find out who the NOID is. I've posted it's picture before but no one has given me any ideas as to who it might be. This picture was taken after the plant spent the winter in a pot in an unheated sunporch prior to getting planted in the perennial bed. The color is just as I see it. As you see, it has a blue beard and it's very fragrant. It seems very vigorous and my few rhizomes are now a large clump. And I do wish all of my reblooming irises bloomed three times!

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

multi rebloomers...say that 5 times real fast.
Thanks bonjon....Don't tell me your a Jon Bonjovi lover too...it just can't be.

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

ahhh Igrowinpa....it's gorgeous! If you ever want to give this little beauty a little more space..just send one my way. I'll help test it out for ya...to see if it multi reblooms 3yrs consistantly.

Jane

Raleigh, NC

nope. first 3 letter first name, first 3 letter middle name - and I wouldn't know a Bonjovi song if it bit me, and I'm a musician!

awww what a cutie, IgrowinPA. you mentioned fragrance. is it sweet, spicy or musky? the musky ones smell a bit like a catbox. those always seem to have to strongest scents and put me off a bit.

but if it's a multi bloomer, I might ask you to send me some pollen from it for crossing with. I'm trying for reblooming IBs.

Taylorsville, KY

Igrowinpa, is your NOID "Smell the Roses"? It is that color, is a SDB, and is a rebloomer. Just a guess, but the photo looks a lot like mine that is blooming right now!

Sue

South Hamilton, MA

Reblooming IB Champagne Encore is putting on a show in northern Ohio right now. It is helped by being a couple blocks from Lake Erie & no freezes. Pod parent is Champagne Elegence.

Raleigh, NC

oh, if it is, I have it! it's in a pot and hasn't bloomed for me yet, at least, I haven't seen it bloom.....

Sue, Smell The Roses was one that I had thought about. How about the beard - is it blue like mine? Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate your input!

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.