Anyone have rebloom on rebloomers yet?

Taylorsville, KY

My favorite part of Sugar Blues -- big, blue, and FRAGRANT!! Can't ask for much more in a rebloomer!

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

Few of mine bloomed even the first time. The heat has just really gotten to everything. So I come here to enjoy the irises vicariously.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Woo hoo its "Peggy Sue".

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Pink Attraction", "Blueberry Tart" is blooming too along with "Wizard of Hope" and "Autumn Embers" is still blooming, "Breakers" finally has a couple of stalks up.

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Greenwich, OH

Very! pretty! Your iris bed looks great!
I always enjoy ! your photos of irises.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Thank's Skimper!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Forever Blue tried to give me a bloom, but it's way, waay, way, way, way down inside the leaves. In fact, I thought it was a blue leaf until I realized it was a different texture. :)

Midsummer Night's Dream produced a stalk about two weeks ago and now there is another one.

Not sure what else will give me bloom this year but it's still only mid-Sept and mine has been known to wait until October, November ish before trying to put up a stalk.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Champagne Encore is blooming for me right now.

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Fast Forward is reblooming !!!!!

Philadelphia, PA

Midsummer's Eve is reblooming......again

Gainesville, TX

Anyone in hot Climates like Texas or Okla get reblooms?

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

Not me. Just too hot.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a bloom stalk on Autumn Circus. We have had an unusual September. Cooler temps into the 60*s at night, already, and cloudy days that make us think it might rain but they have just been teasing us.

Cherryvale, KS

I found 2 bloomstalks on Rosalie Figge today!! Happy Sunday BIF's! We were out weeding and sprinkling preen!! I dug and replanted 2 that weren't looking right. I'm not sure Oreo will ever settle in and grow well here. Have to go to work tomorrow, very sad! pic Champagne Encore

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Philadelphia, PA

Secondhand Rose was blooming today

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I keep looking for signs of new blooms but so far haven't seen any this year. Last year, I had several nice ones in one bed all in fall colors. This was just by dumb luck, not by design.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I haven't got any rebloom, probably because I didn't do as good a job at watering as usual. Will shape up from now on. But I did see an absolutely gorgeous rebloom on Cantina at the Denver Botantic Garden last week. I was so impressed that I immediately bought a rhizome of it at a nearby nursery. What lovely fall bloom in my zone!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

These are rebloomers, the color is more butterscotch than the picture shows. I have ice something reblooming, a purple reblooming, and another. I will take pics this weekend.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Whoo hoo! I just found a bud on Sky Willow (SDB, Spoon 07) with a second stalk forming in the clump. Also have a stalk forming on a piece of Late Lilac (TB, Niswonger 73). Hope this is a sign of more developments in my newly created rebloomers bed!

Roni

South Hamilton, MA

DD Ohio reports that IB, Champagne Encore, is still blooming for her. It is eveidently a very reliable fall bloom. For those in quite cold spots, try SDB Forever Blue.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone in the south have successful reblooms with Champagne Encore? Anyone in Texas? I see in the DG plant files that someone in Tupelo Mississippi grows this. How far south does it grow and rebloom?

I just checked Sutton's reliable rebloom list for Autumn Circus and they label it Z-3 I have two stalks of it blooming big and I'm in zone 8a. This makes me think that there are exceptions to the general rule. :-)) Thank goodness!

On the other hand I've grown Reincarnation TB (z-7) for over 10 years and in the semi-shade and in the sun and it has NEVER rebloomed for me.

Peg

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I think it is pretty hard to predict what rebloomers will do where. A rebloom in zone 3 may mean that it reblooms from zone 8 to zone 3 not just in zone 3. I have had rebloom on Romantic Evening more than once, but I don't know another living soul who gets it. And I have no clue why I get it. Maybe there is some trace element in my soil it likes. Beats me.
I am guessing that hybridizers must are working on more reliable rebloom among those who have the reblooming trait. At least I hope so. They are pretty predictable here.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Peg, the zone info on Sutton's chart means that Autumn will rebloom in all zones TO zone 3, but not in a zone lower than zone 3. A rebloomer listed there that is listed as zone 5 means that it will rebloom in all zones down to Zone 5, but not zone 4, zone 3, zone 2 and so one.

Sugar Blues is still reblooming here. It has put up 6 stalks, one at a time, which means that it has been blooming for a couple of months. The last stalk better hurry up though, because our weather seems to have drastically changed for the colder. I also have Rosalie Figge reblooming, an unknown SDB blue-purple, and Lo Ho Silver.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the info on understanding the Zones chart from Suttons. Sorry that the cold weather is already threatening in PA.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

You're very welcome! I'm sorry too that the weather is changing, and quite abruptly too. But it is almost the first of October, and we in western PA have to expect cooler temps now, I guess. I'm never really ready for the cold weather, no matter when it comes-sigh.

Linda

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Okay, so I believe Gaslight finally bloomed (first time) yesterday...go figure.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have had rebloomers have their first bloom in the fall. One that did that for me was Zurich. Another was the SDB Elephant Footprints.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

"Breakers", "Autumn Embers", "Wizard of Hope", "Pink Attraction", "Fall Festival", and "Summer Tsunami" are blooming now with "Peggy Sue" and "Misty Twilight" sending up stalks however I don't think their going to make its suppose to get down in the 20's or lower tonight blast it.

Taylorsville, KY

Oh, Rat, that is too bad? Can you cover them or anything? It is so sad when stalks you wait and wait for are done in by mother nature. I'm in zone 6a and I have never gotten Breakers to rebloom for me -- I'm jealous!

Sue

South Hamilton, MA

We had a friend in CT who used to perch a stepladder above the plants which were trying to rebloom & drape plastic over it.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Stepladder -- what a good idea! I've used garbage cans, waste baskets, big buckets, and upside down chairs draped with old plastic table cloths. The late spring frosts are what ruin our iris shows. I've saved at least one iris show with the above efforts.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Deloverat grab all the ladders you can find and borrow if you must. PLEASE.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

At some point ya just gotta say the season is over and wait til spring.

Gainesville, TX

OOOOONoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Philadelphia, PA

Double Day and Bonus Mama are blooming today. Secondhand Rose has been blooming for 3 weeks. I have about four others with stalks. It's been a good year for the rebloomers here

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

None for me this year. Not quite sure why. I did dig up my most reliable rebloomer -- Sugar Blues and probably won't get any more blooms on it until next year at the earliest. The others have no such excuse!

Philadelphia, PA

I'll have to send you some more rebloomers Betty. The Spoon rebloomers did very well again this year.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Mitt, Do you think that the amount of water has an effect on whether or not an Iris will rebloom? I watered a lot less than last year.

Philadelphia, PA

Mary I usually don't water the irises and this year we did have a lot of rain. Maybe that has something to do with them reblooming. I have noticed if I dig or divide the rebloomers they won't rebloom for me. So I've learned not to mess with them or it seems to disturb their rebloom cycle

Mit

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Mitt. The rebloomers that I have put out such incredible and long spectacular bloom displays this year. Maybe they just expended all of their energy in that one long continuous output. I remember last year being so upset when the first freeze came along & killed the unopened blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.