CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies!! Come on in!! 06-26-03 New thread!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Speaking of Vampire's.. here is my own little undead offspring!

Thumbnail by cue_chik
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

No absolutely Nothing wrong with choosing the life of a Vampire, and who knows maybe it isnt a choice maybe it is just who you are. You know dear I want you to be what ever makes you happy!!
You are a wonderfully bright child and I know you will make smart decisions in whatever you do !!
Hmm Where is my mother I want to see if she agrees with me.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh my we cross posted

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFL... Im glad you arent put off by my life choice 'Mom'...lol

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Not at all , not at all!!

Flower favorite Flower are you here? Or are you shoveling snow or hiding in front of that air conditioner??? Hello...Flower...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ponder this while I am gone ...Dormant plants? I have to go get something done or I am going to be so far behind...I will have to speed to get where I am going. I cant do that I could get myself a ticket. I had everything caught up then poof chaos. I don't understand how it happens. I know there are people right here on this thread as well as other threads that must be waiting for things that were supposed to be mailed already....Talk to you all soon
Jan and or Blondie will you update me when you decide who is winning? Just send me a quick Dmail..OK

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

dormant plants
speed
ticket
chaos
waiting for plants to be mailed.

i give up. i can't understand you people. code. always in code. cue chik do you get this?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFL.. even I (as awesomely wise as I am) don't get that!

Kelz

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes I am here I have been outside mowing the yard and working as usual.
Hey girls have you all not learned the you have to overlook arejay. She goes off on tangines and you never know where your going to end up LOL :)))))))))))
Love arejay LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Just because you are the favorite this week it doesn't mean you can tattle!!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL I just couldn't resist that . left yourself wide open . he he !!!!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Tangines, sounds like a fruit Mathematics was a long, long time ago, but I believe the word is tangent! Kids, can't leave them unsupervised for a minute!

Yeah, she did it. Got my mom to count and package some Hosta seeds, ran out of tiny zip bags. Will have to get some more so she can do another half a pound. I've printed off pictures of the plants I took the pods from. Will be getting another envelope together with more packaged seeds for the newbies. Don't you just love seed mail?

Thumbnail by mittsy

Hello-all. I've been gone all day so hadn't checked in until now. Yes, I want the plants. I think I already stated that if someone would put down that mojito and read. I sent polly a d-mail with my info. Really everyone I do think they are beautiful! And they are my favorite colors. But blondie did figure it out and thought she had posted correctly and when it wasn't there in this forum, I answered so someone else wouldn't guess it before she could find the right place. I didn't know WHERE she had sent her answer. Then she d-mailed me to say she wanted to give them to me because she had not had good luck with them beforeand everything went crazy with all that funny drink stuff going on. Then I went to bed and left this morning untul just now got home to check in. NOW is everything OK? Can I have a mojito with the plants too? I think I really need one.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Everything is just fine.

We're all settled.

Plants are going to mekos.

I can't send you a mojito,but I could send you a fresh cutting of the mint, which you could make into a wonderful much needed drink to get you through planting those new plants.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Ok everybody. I have had my customary glass of wine... i think it's karaoke time!

ahem *clears throat*

This is dedicated to all you gardening peeps out there

*lights dim, cue cheesy piano music... to the tune of 'Tiny Bubbles'*

Tiiiiny tree frogs, everywhere
jump upon me, in my hair.

Tiiiiny tree frogs, cling to screens
look thru windows, make me scream.

Tiiiiny tree frogs, eat the bugs
from my Milkweeds and my Brugs!

Tiiiiny tree frogs, oh so cute
dont you wish you had them too???

*bows* thank you, thank you... you're a lovely audience... I'll be here all week!

Last summer, my son in law was visiting while on his way to "camp" with his friends. He decided to mix up a batch of mohitos. Wanted to know where the nearest store was where he could buy some fresh mint. I asked him what kind do you want? I have chocolate, pineapple, spearmint, and peppermint. Didn't offer to share my catmint as I dry it for cat toys. He used the spearmint. Then he wanted a morter and pestle to bruise the leaves, what do I look like, a pharmacist? I gave him a breadboard and knife, and pointed him to the Vita-Mix. I know I drank one, but it must not have impressed me because I can't remember it. Probably should have used the chocolate mint.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Well, supposedly you need the real mojito mint from Cuba. I've never had one. My daughter says thay're horrible. But if a whole country loves them, how bad can they be. My grandson loves it to eat the mint raw. You'll have to give it a try, Mittsy.

http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?product=X4025

You know I've never tasted mint.(the real thing), I grow spearmint and pinapple mint, cat mint, because it is so pretty. I've never even heard of chocolate mint. What do you use it for? Can you show a picture of what it looks like?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Gosh.. was my singing that bad?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Clapping for cue_chik. Very cute!

Sounds GREAT. Hey cue_chik, Someone d-mailed me for a trade and they didn't really have anything I was looking for but wanted to trade and I saw they had some BLACK Hollyhock. Thought if you wanted it, I'd trade and have her send it to you and you just root me another vine if you want to. Sound ok to you? Do you have any black hollyhock? You want to?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Look at this list of mints. I bought some from Kathy_Ann last year. I got the Pink Candy Pops, Berries and Cream, Mojito, Margarita and a few more. They do all taste differently.

The chocolate mint looks like the rest of the mints, and the one I have does taste like a peppermint pattie.

http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=SubIndexPages/Mint.html

OOOWWW, those looked good.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

KT1...I didn't know you were so talented..can I publish that on my facebook site where the poets all go???I know you would rise to stardom quickly!! I guess I have to look into this mint drink!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFL!

Robin: I have other (published) pieces better suited for you to put up on FB...lol.

Mekos:, sounds good to me! I already have 3 vines currently rooting for you, I can certainly take another (pink perhaps?) if you wish!

I don't know about drinking it, but think I'll try growing some more varietys. That web site had so many that sounded good, you can almost smell them. That pink candy pop thing was beautiful. Anyone with mint , would that grow good in my climate? I know about the ones I have but that one is georgeous.

Cue_chik, I'm trying for you the plant, but if she only has seeds, I'll just get that. The seeds take an extra year before it blooms, so like I said, I'm trying for the plant. OH, thats great about the vine. I'd love the pink also. Will I need to bring in for the winter or do you know if it's cold hardy for zone 7?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I have chocolate curly and something else. Do you want a bit of those jan?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

you will need to bring it in definitely, as its really only cold hardy to zone 10, but Ive had good luck with it here in 9. And dont worry if you cant get the actual plant... I'll still send the pink cutting along as well. Seeds arent as good because Im renting here, and dont know that I would still be living here when they bloom (at least, its too early for me to tell if I will or not) :)

Arejay- would love some. I have some herbs out there and don't have a clue what they are. I didn't plant them, they came in a tomatoe garden already growing when I got it. I know the great big tall thing blooming is dill. But there is a verigated thing, maybe sage? Smells awful. Doesn't smell like what I remember as sage from my childhood and a whole lot of others. Some are blooming and pretty leaves, I guess I'll have to take a picture and see if anyone can tell me what some are. I think one is basil, I think I've seen pictures of it somewhere. Others, I'm clueless. This is so funny since I've bought herb greenhouses and given to some of my family and friends for Christmas presents so they can start theirs early and picked out 8-10 packets of herbs for each little greenhouse and never planted any for myself. I do have a little patch of lavender growing. Pinapple mint and spearmint and cat nip.
Cue_chik, you can always plant in a pot and put the pot in the garden and mark the pot, and IF you move, take it with you.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Show us pictures Jan!! Ill send you some mint...

Will try for pictures tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Good nite everyone.

My chocolate mint has a rounded leaf and tastes like chocolate. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.
Night nite.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Kinda makes me wish I had me some tiny tree frogs Kelz . . .

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL.. dont it tho? They are terribly cute, as long as they stay about 3 ft from me tho...LOL

HI Everyone

Are you still working on the mojitos? :) Loved your song cue_chik. A true FL experience! I planted Hollyhocks for the first time this year. Only later did I read the pkt and realize they bloomed the second year. Funny no one told them and they're blooming like crazy. Love to see some chocolate ones!

Thumbnail by
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Lovely!

OK, has anyone actually had a mojito?

Not me. I do make a good rum cake though. LOL

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yum, I used to make those years ago, and boy they were good. Haven't thought about it in years. Now I might need to make one.

I might need to buy some catmint and a Siberian Iris. Beautiful combo. Did you take the picture? Had a wonderful timeless quality about it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.