CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies!! Come on in!! 06-26-03 New thread!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Ok...........I'm confused, but they will do better in SC than they would in FL anyway.

Mekos, would you dmail me your address, please.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Actually, I've never had a mojito, but I do have the mint, and plan on trying one someday.

You're all welcome. This was fun.

Debi told me what it was and she thought she had entered the info in the right place, but when it wasn't here, I put it in before someone else could win them because she knew it. I didn't know where she sent the info to.

Orlando, FL

yes i agree i am not good with iris anyways just love to play the game it is a blast.
debi
they are both beautiful and in my color i love the purples

This message was edited Jun 27, 2009 10:14 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

OK, great, I get it. We're all set then, and hopefully mekos will want the combo.

No, Debi won it, I just want to learn how to solve them.

Orlando, FL

no jan you can have them lol i love purple but i think it really gets tooo hot here for them and i think you would like them.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Does anyone want them? LOL.

Pollyk I think this is the time for that mojito after all. :)

I need one! Yes, I want them. Thank you very much. Blues are my favorite colors. I'll send d-mail with info.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I had the first one a long time ago and ruled it out because there is no N in the word Robin put down there so I thought I was wrong on it :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((. I am sad now. Siberian Iris ? RISBERICSIAI ? Where is the N ?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

are you here Polly?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Well. Let me see....I am thinking that ...12 minutes, I was gone for 12 minutes and all heck broke loose....Who was supposed to be watching this bunch?Sherri have you been sharing your mint with the whole bunch? They all sound a little off to me.
I have now three cups of coffee in that is how long it took me to find the begging and the end of this. Three cups.
First I have to say Flower you behave, you are the favorite this week I know but that doesnt make it ok to be sassy(hugs) just teasin Flower is the best!! The words are iris sibirica and nepeta faassenii. There is no N in that.
Debi did post at 9.38pmthe thing there is that is when I think Sherri started sharing the mint drinks, I am suspicious of this as I know Sherri is a great sharer!! .. Debbi your post came to my dmail and That must be when you called for backup from Jangirl at 9:52 although I see that She must have been conspiring with KT14 as the post was edited at 10:59 ,Then I see Jangirl and Debi saddled up together and got the job done....good team work girls..see how it is when you play and share nicely?
Now for you Ktwin1 Let me see that wrist, I am pretty sure I have told you to stay in the house and out of the gardens down there in tropical winds those were not Skeeters the are flying sharks. I know you love black but you can not play with the sharks.

Did I get it all? Has my mind returned to my keyboard? I will know for sure as soon as Polly gets up and verifies that I am on the right thread as Seray has suggested we are on the old age thread and I am not sure who is right.
Robin

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Robin I think you left an i out of your scrambled siberian iris and put in a c that you didn't need. How they heck can they solve these so quickly when you don't give them the corret letters to begin with?

Glad I'm not a newbie, I'm pretty good at Jumbles, but in Latin and with letter added or missing, no way!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Here lets try it....

iris sibirica 12 letters abciiiiirrss and nepeta faassenii AAAEEEFIINNPSST 15 letters

1. RISBIRICSIAI 12 letters ABCiiiiiRRSS this one is right

2. ISENATFAEPISENA 15 letters this one is right
AAAEEEFINNPSST

iris sibirica and nepeta faassenii whaqt Polly sent me to scramble

Cat mint
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/37051/

Iris
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/880/

I think we got other than maybe the X as I am to new to know if it belongs in the spelling or it is just seperating the two words
so see I cant be fooled everytime. I might have sometimers but maybe not alltimers ..Well yet anyway!!!!

This message was edited Jun 28, 2009 6:22 AM

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Robin, I have hollyhock, lupine, morning glories, foxglove, delphinium, ponytail, mexican hats, daisies & creeping thyme to name a few. I had good luck with the seeds using the jiffy pots this year. I just love to watch them grow!

Mary Ellen

Thumbnail by LateBloomerToo
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning All.

LOL, Robin... sharks is right! I'd swear those skeeters got some TEETH on them. Good news tho, swelling is gone this morning, but I got a nice red patch where it used to be! See what happens when you play with skeeters!

Congratulations mekos!!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Mary Ellen those look great!! Some of you are so organized it outs me to shame!! If only I could be organized...sigh...I had to call in the heavy artillery if you remember some of the old threads. My Mom is now packaging and alphabetizing seeds for me so I can find what I am looking for!! Shame on me!!
KT you take care of that they are mean down there maybe you better come home with the other kt where it is safe .

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFL.. I AM home... I don't do... that snow stuff... brrrrrrr! I am a true FL native, born and raised.. I wouldn't know what to do with this white stuff you call snow...LOL

Kelz

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

It builds character, strong arms legs and bones...makes the ground ready for tomatoes so many things and it keeps the skeeters at a manageable size if nothing else!!

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

LOL Thank you Robin. If I don't have any organization then I am totally lost in the chaos! I don't know if being organized is a blessing or a curse, but I know that I'm a wreck without some of it in my life. Too bad the others around me don't share my need!

Mary Ellen

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well See ! That just proves to you that I don't stand a chance of winning as I don't know any LATIN !!!!!! LOL I really don't know Latin names at all I might have a few I run across that I know so but not many.

arejay, I get to misbehave sometimes don't I ? Please please let me be bad sometimes LOL Don't Whop me to hard Mommy Please .

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Psssht... you just sit there and be 'Mommy's Little Angel'... theres only room for two of us trouble makers in this here forum.... and the TWINS got a monopoly on that title...ROTFL... yeah... so there :P

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Kicking chair leg having a fit cause I can't misbehave WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I guess I am going to have to find a reward system. Evidently, the feed your brain with scramble isnt doing the whole job! Flower has until Friday she is the favorite this week. Which means KTwins don't look for trouble. Because next week, Flower will be working on her Latin!! She wont have time for tantrums.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFL... well then... bring it on! cuz next week is a whole ...new... month!!!!! WOOT!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Remember Flower has until Friday July 3rd!! The 4th is Independence Day. Speaking of The 4th who is it that I am working with on a scramble for that weekend?????

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm here. I'm really confused, though, and I've never even had a mojito.

Does someone that won want them? If so, who do I send them to?

If no one wants them, I'll just ask arejay to delete the scramble, and you all can go on to play the next one.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

uh, that would be me Robin... we were discussing my contribution being used for the Independence day weekend.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well then I guess YOU can't win that one then Kelz...

BTW - Maine is beautiful, but you, born and raised Florida girl, wouldn't make it through the first winter there - lol...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I will not argue there.. I wouldnt survive the winter. Nope. But then again, most of ya'll can't handle the heat and humidity here, lol.

and I know i cant win this next one, but I got a shot at every one after that WOOT!!!!

Kelz

This message was edited Jun 28, 2009 12:29 PM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

No Polly they want them!! Do go!! We will try to help with the confusion wont we everyone??? Polly I have a question for you and I think I dmailed it to you.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Interested in a trip to Phoenix this week? We're looking at 108 F just about all week long . . .

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm not going anywhere arejay, LOL. I'm just confused. If no one wants them, I'll just send them to you.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL... poor Kelly. better make a biiiig pitcher of iced tea and secure a shady spot in your garden... Im on my way (I'll bring the margarita mix for the 'after dark' gardening sessions)

kelz

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

polly, I do believe Mekos is very excited and looking forward to recieving her plants...LOL.. dont make her get all crazy garden girl on you!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

ROTFL - after dark is right! You should see me out there with my headlight - lol. This time of year I try to stay inside as much as possible until the sun goes down. It's awful, and I feel like a vampire or something!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

See today's article on the home page?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1356/

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh here you all are that where you people go in the mornings. You are all sleeping...Up all night and sleep all day...Kids these days.. thanks you for the reminder KT2.
Whew Polly Im glad your back!! Jangirl and Blonde are we deciding that Jan is taking the winners spot as she is in a more favorable zone for the won plants?
So that means Deb you can try you skills at the Three for one this coming weekend !!! Woot as the kids say!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Hey, nothing wrong with being a Vampire ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.