The Divine Sock

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Catscan, your aura is overwhelmingly royal. Of course, I should have known. What a delightful sock.

I have 2 recipes for using eggstra eggs. One is the egg custard that goes in the individual custard cups. The other is a 9 inch pie pan recipe for flan. It is the recipe posted above as "Creme Brulee Pie" which I got from someone else's blog that I read, although I suggested some modifications to it. She makes it with brown sugar on the top that she grills under the broiler to make it like creme brulee. I do not do that. I add different flavorings also.

Both recipes are very nice and adaptable to different variations - all fun to play with your own personal choices of flavorings and additions.

All chicken-heads and honorary chicken heads should feel free to use the recipes and modify them at will, without having to send any flan or custard in the mail, because as already noted, it does not travel well.

However, it is kindly requested that if you come up with exciting or interesting or tasty variations (such as MissJestr's fine addition of hot chocolate mix), that you share them with us all so that we can all join in the ultimate flan and custard celebration.

In addition, all other recipes using eggstra eggs are encouraged to be shared.

Richmond, TX

The sulk continues until the divine sock is available for all - however a good dose of flan could diffuse or defuse the situation considerably. This is a mass sulk-in but I am uncertain how many participants remain. Speak up all you fellow sulkers; the divine sock still eludes US! (So, apparently does the recipe for the aura - altering flan.)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I'm here sulking and stalking the flan---I mean the sock. Wish I cooked. LOL

Richmond, TX

I stand corrected about the royal flan.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

No Wren, you dont need to be a becky home ecky type to make one, it is so easy, throw it in a bowl, mix it up and cook it.. I use a square pan since that is the only glass one I have...
And it does taste good out of the over, even better the next day....

Cmoxon, I am going to try it with Amaretto and Kalahua as well, wondering if I added some raisins would that be like rice pudding with out the rice...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Duh.. I stand corrected about the flan..

*Dancing about singing* If I only had a braaaiiinnn

La la
la la
la la laaaaa

If I only had some Flan.. LOL

I have made Flan and it was good..
I did not read.. forgive me for assuming it was flan.. I am at your mercy...

Lodi, United States

Royal--huh? I was thinking more dark, troubled and brooding. But Royal works.

We (the Royal one of course) are impressed by the dedication of our many sulkers. Sulking does accelerate the incarnation of the Divine Sock--however, at present, only demi-Divine Socks can be made, since Moxon is so busy playing Betty Homemaker that she has fallen behind in her production of a pure ectoplasmic primal matter.

Auras are being assessed.

You will be contacted.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I agree with the Royalty.. I see soft, strong and not brooding, but broody!! (great mommy)
We all have the dark, troubled and brooding side at times... That is just temporary and only a result of the drudgery of life..

On a lighter note.. I cleared 3 big hurdles towards my goal today. I can rest tonight.. it was a productive day and I love that.

Now I'm curious as to my divine sock my aura.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

ZZ, just got home and saw your message. Too late to meet up with Krystal - have been going to bed early these days because of night-time lamb feedings! Bummer, I wish I'd known she was coming. Tremendous storms here. Ugh.

To the Sulkers: Pure ectoplasmic primordial matter takes time to prepare, especially when one works full time and has a farm. Speedily produced matter is of lesser value. Her Royal Knitting Highness (HRKH) Catscan knows all too well that handspun primordial matter is worth the wait.

Here is her very own sock-production primordial matter in process. It will take some time to spin it all out, and then to ply it, but oh, the joy when it is complete...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oops, forgot to add pic of primordial matter.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

Sob. It is so beautiful. Sniff. Really? Mine? Sob. Sniff. Mine.....Sob. Hiccup. Sob.

I am verklempt......

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here, have a hankie....

All yours, and it's a joy to spin - very soft and supple. Pre-drafting the fiber is very easy. But, there is just over 4 ounces of the fiber, so it will take a little while. Handspinning is not an overnight process!! But, good things take time, your Highness.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

The blue in the divine sockly aura...Loving, caring, helpful, patient, nurturing, supportive, “motherly,” intuitive..

I found this site.. interesting! http://www.russellrowe.com/Aura%20Colors.htm

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Off to bed for the busy spinner and lamb feeder. I leave you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT9BTk15tKA

(the first few seconds are a reminder not to take your video camera from an air conditioned home outdoors into the sauna-like humidity of a midwest heatwave, and then it clears up!)

Lodi, United States

Marshmallow, you're up!

I am glad you explained the first few seconds--I was afraid I was seeing a spectral Marshmallow going toward the light.

Richmond, TX

OK, we're patiently sulking. The divine must not be rushed.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Awwwwww so sweet! The first part made me think I was gonna see the her aura! Too cool.. She is darling.

Lodi, United States

porkpal--Your aura is coming along very nicely.

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

how I wish I had high speed internet.. but I will patiently allow this utube to load.. just as I have been patiently waiting for my stella to give birth.. can goats be pregnant for 12 months? LOL
I sit and stare at her hiney all day.. all that comes out is raisens.

*SULK*

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Fran, sorry about that. I have satellite internet, which is still slow, but not as slow as dialup.

Five month gestation!! I know you know that, but it's a reminder that they still go when they're ready! LOL!

How long have you had her since she was exposed to a buck?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I took the test on colors and ohh my my... My aura colors are Yellow with Lavender... Strange as they are two of my favorite colors....

Hummm
Yellows are the most fun-loving, free-spirited, energetic, and childlike personalities in the aura spectrum. Yellows are wonderful, sensitive, optimistic beings, whose life purpose is to bring joy to people, to have fun, and to help heal the planet.

Yellows can either be very shy and sensitive, or they can be the life of the party. These playful characters have a great sense of humor. They love to laugh and to make others laugh. Yellows believe life is to be enjoyed. They like to live life freely and spontaneously. With a perpetual smile on their face, they remind people to not take themselves or their problems too seriously.

Yellows would prefer not to work at all, unless their work was fun, playful, or creative. They love nature, and often have concerns for the survival of wildlife and the environment. Dogs are very drawn to Yellows and often become their best friends.

But I am sulking quietly in peace and harmony

This message was edited Jun 24, 2009 9:09 AM

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

I must go check my aura colors, I know my favorite color is that pretty blue that almost looks purple.. I always called it periwinkle but my child says I am wrong.. thats not the name.

wrong again.. oh well. but that color and a little baby yellow... ohhh easter here we come.. nothing like being all warm and cozy in your hand-knitted, kid-grown, mox-spun footie gloves on a cold winters day in front of the fireplace... looking down at your feeties and seeing.. SPRING!

Yep claire.. I know 5 months... first day of exposure and "visual" was Jan 10 (yep 2009) which would put her about Jun 10 or so...
I am not in a panick yet because, well sometimes it takes more time... I had read awhile back that if you "see" three times and you have a viable buck, you should be assured.. well unless she has a problem..
Anyway, no way to tell it's false without a sonagram... so I will patiently wait.. her bag is pretty full but not to the exploding with a pin point yet... no drips.. I did notice today I can see her hips again.. not sure if that means the baby/ies are moving into place or what but she did look like a giant rount barrel and now I see her hips and hind-end bones... almost to the first rib...
Maybe I just look at her too long... poor girl, she sneezes and I yell "a clue, a clue!"

I LOVED the video of Marshmellow.. you can't hardly tell how little she is until you put your hand down next to her head... what a little sweetie.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I took the test! I'm blue(12) crystal (10) yellow and abstract tan were tied at (5)
with red overlay (5) (not abuse, but several near death experiences at an early age... hit by a car 3 times before I was 10)

I don't give it all that much credit, as I'd rather stand before someone who can "see" the colors rather than answer questions.. but it was interesting and described me quite well.

Clarkson, KY

Me too!? sensitive tan (9) violet (9) blue (8) green and indigo (7) hmph...right and wrong on all of 'em...fun though.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I think our guesses were just about as accurate.. LOL

Lodi, United States

Shoot, none of my scores were that high.....

Richmond, TX

I now think this whole color/ aura thing is getting pretty scary. Do I have to have one? It may distract me from the important business of sulking.

(Zone 7b)

I took the test Yellow {10} Violet {10} Indigo{9} Crystal {9} ~ Life path #5

I love this i'm very spiritual there is nothing scary about finding out your aura it may actually help you to understand who you are and your path.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2009 3:10 PM

Lodi, United States

Not to worry. Sulking has an aura all its own.

Clarkson, KY

puce?
(sorry, porkpal, really I have found your considered and sustained sulk quite inspirational...)

didn't look for the life path thing...hmmm...busy on it already.. .aah well...

Lodi, United States

Puce--purplish brown--from the Latin "pulex" by way of the French. It means flea. (For some reason I actually know this)

I think porkpal has, in her inspired sulk, given us all a new aura to aspire to.

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp--else what's a heaven for?"

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Porkpal, I am still right beside you sulking... You are never alone.... Besides my yellow aura will guide us... or give us light...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about this aura business. I took the test.

My high scores are Green (12) and Environmental Tan (8) closely followed by Red (7) and Logical Tan (7).

The rest were all 5 ore less, including 0 for Lavender and Abstract Tan and Red Overlay.

Here's what it says about green. Yeah...well....not so sure about all of that, but some of it is right.

Greens are some of the most powerful and intelligent people in the aura spectrum. Greens are extremely bright. They process information and ideas quickly; jumping from steps one to ten. They do not like dealing with all the steps and details in between. A project that is too detailed is tedious and boring for Greens . They prefer to develop an idea, organize a plan, and then delegate someone else to take care of the details. Greens are very drawn to money, power, and business. These quick-thinkers are very organized and efficient. They write lists and efficiently check off the items on the list as they are completed. Greens recognize patterns and discover solutions very quickly. When Greens are in their power, they can accomplish anything. They love to set goals and are determined to achieve them. Greens are “movers and shakers” when it comes to taking action. They are also typically the workaholics on the planet. Greens are highly competitive and enjoy challenges. They thrive on taking risks. Gambling is common for Greens , especially if there is a potential for large winnings. Being strong-willed, these powerful personalities are determined to have their own way, which they usually feel is the right way. A person is rarely able to win an argument with Greens.

Here's the "Environmental Tan" stuff, some of which matches the green stuff.

The Environmental Tan Life Color is a deep tan-colored band layered with a forest-green-colored band. The Environmental Tan is the bridge between the physical family and the mental family. Environmental Tans experience their reality by physically touching their environment and then mentally analyzing it. (Occasionally, Yellow/Tan Combinations who have suppressed their free-spirited Yellow aspect believe themselves to be Environmental Tans. It is important that Yellow/Tans find a way to reconnect with their Yellow aspect rather than live believing they are Environmental Tan.) Like their Logical Tan and Sensitive Tan counterparts, Environmental Tans desire security, stability, and logic. They operate best in a world of rules, boundaries, standards, and logical outcomes that follow basic laws of cause and effect. Environmental Tans prefer structure and discipline. They process life in an orderly and sequential manner just as Logical Tans do, but they have the added ability to judge or measure their environment from an inner perception. These amazing personalities can intuitively analyze spatial situations. They can sense the exact distance from one side of a room to the other just by looking at it. Environmental Tans relate kinesthetically and mentally to their environment.

Lodi, United States

What does it mean if your aura is sort of smeared all over the place?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

That you are royal and multi-talented.

Lodi, United States

Check!

(Zone 7b)

Claire come to the Yellow side with me and be Free Spirited and shed your Tan Boundaries.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

LOL

Lodi, United States

I had only one 0--red overlay, but everything else was 2 to 6. I feel so blah.

Lodi, United States

Moxon--You need one of these

Thumbnail by Catscan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.