The Divine Sock

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yes, that was my response, not Catscan's.

ZZ, you are having a rough day! You definitely need to have a little lie down and a cool drink.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh, and by the way Catscan, do you really want that yarn or not?!

(directing servants with languid waves.....I declare! I shall have you flogged!)

Lodi, United States

Yaz'm:0)

It is beautious yarn--which I would be proud to possess--at approximately 150 yards per sock, or 300 yards for the pair. I didn't know I was s'posed to say so.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Now I'm really worried... What is happening to me???????

Lodi, United States

Why I am not yellow (following the Great Exemplar, Moxon):

It is very important to me to be able to play, have fun, exercise and be with people: The latter two appear inconsistent with the former two. No

I like to laugh and cheer people up: Sounds exhausting. No.

I have or have had a tendency to regularly overdo at least one of the following: drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, sex, exercise, chocolates, sweets or overeating: Why do they make a distinction between sweets and chocolate? How did exercise get in there? Maybe--sometimes.

When there is conflict, my first impulse is to run away or avoid the situation.
Not if there is enough sweets and chocolates. But otherwise--yes.

I need physical exercise or dance on a regular basis. Huh? Didn't I answer this in the first question? No.

I like to be creative, artistic or work with my hands: Well the first two sound pretentious--but then I am. Don't judge me for it. Yes.

I enjoy physical work.
Some of these statements just don't make sense. No.

I tend to look younger than my age.
Well--maybe, in a darkened room.

My feelings can be hurt very easily.
I would have to stay around to have this happen--but yes..then I try to consider the source...so sometimes.

I wish people could just play all the time. La! Have you seen what people do when they "play"? Not pretty. Not pretty at all.

I like to be spontaneous: It is hard to be spontaneous alone. I suppose I could open the window in a careless and unpremeditated manner. But generally I warn the dogs hours before we take a walk. I know they like to be prepared. Anticipation is a large part of pleasure anyway.

I came out as a two--so I am 100% more delightfully childlike than Moxon.

My faith in auras is shaken.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I have a growing fear of posting..

*lurk lurk*

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I got a swift today. I will be rechecking yarn length again. I'm worried about your real yarn and making sure that it's enough.

(bites fingernails anxiously)

It's a green thing.

Your yellow responses were delightfully honest and amusing. We clearly have some common behavioral patterns!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

:) I'm a bit behind.. but if u decide to run away from Cali there is probably a semi headed that way to pick up a load every couple weeks from this area. Sure they could hide you till you get outta sight. (we own trucks)

As much as you all talk about Flan I'm now going to have to try it.

As soon as the weather drops below the skin will melt off in the shade temps I will start attempt to use the wonderful advice on knitting & knit a pair of socks. Right now the knitting needles would burn my hands so they sit in the corner for the cats to play with while I sit in the pool trying not to boil. Pool water was 101 today, time for well water to be added.

Is $10 a skein of organic yarn from the Farmer's market high? It was beautiful colors & I wanted it really bad... but decided I'd wait & buy food instead.. I've never bought it before. She was spinning while we were standing there, it looked very relaxing to do. Is there a way to tell how good the yarn is?

This message was edited Jun 25, 2009 9:03 PM

Lodi, United States

When you said you got a swift to measure the yarn, I pictured a cute little bird flying around with the yarn in its mouth--Whoa, Cinderella flashback!

Lodi, United States

Ten dollars doesn't sound too high--but it would depend on the yardage. I'm sure Claire can tell you what to look for.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

$10 is amazing for organic handspun yarn. Generally 4 ounces of handspun yarn (non organic) would run anywhere from $20 to $35, depending on the type of wool and the dyes (or lack thereof). I'm going by weight rather than yardage because it depends on the thickness of the spinning as to how many yards you get...

(Zone 7b)

Funny i answered yes to most of the yellow questions i said No to the playing all the time i'm to old to play LOL
I do enjoy most of the others i'm very spontaneous and i look 10 years younger than my actual age.
I love makeing folks happy and i love phsical work and it's important for me to play, have fun, exercise and be with people.
Yes to i love to dance! I'm very artistic and i adore chocolate but i abused tobacco for years.
Face conflict when i have too and i get my feelings hurt sometimes who don't on occasion :)

So yellow fits me perfect.

My violet side fits me best and i'm not writing all that down Claire be my guest i type sloooooooow LOL

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Sounds like Yellow fits you to a "T" Harmony! Or should that be a "Y"?! (for yellow!)

I just realized how long this thread is. I shall begin a new one....

It's here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1007474/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.