Garden Pics: 'How Does Your Garden Grow?' ...#8

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

And this one is with the flash. The color is closer in the flash pic. It is huge, almost the size of a saucer!

Thumbnail by Rarejem
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Oooh that purple and blue.... *melt* So pretty!

And yep, poor Lucy is not thrilled with the harness. Getting him into it is... tricky. Once it's on, he mellows out, but I've only used it a couple of times, since he obviously doesn't care for it.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh my he is a handsome Gecko And that is a very very nice harness I can't help but attribute thoughts to him a la the Gecko on television. He looks like he feels pretty handsome in the harness. Sharon it sounds beautiful up there. I can't even begin to imagine what 30 lady slippers in the wild look like. That's awesome. my neighbors and good friends are headed up to minnesota on Friday for a week there in the wilds with friends and family. I was mowing tonight and as I went around the corner of my driveway I saw a coyote (really a wild dog actually - he was brindle and medium haired) walking off into the woods as relaxed as you please. I think my cat would have been killed had I not happened to be out Grrrrr. Before that I had a wonderful surprise. By my woodpile mother nature has put a pure white digitalis. There was no time for pictures as I had to get the lawn mowed before dark and it take about 3 hours. I'll try to get one tomorrow.

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Lovely pictures all. I'm a little behind and definitely can't comment on all that is pretty as there are sooooo many!

Bea... I love the black beauty Delph. I always keep an eye out for the blue delphs with black bees, it's so stricking!

Sherry... thanks. your yard is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pics of it. And Welcome!

RJ...lovely Iris Ensata's!! puppy is soooo cute!

another of the meconopsis.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a new calla lilly

Thumbnail by redchic01

i'm testing it out in this location to see if that's where i want it.

Thumbnail by redchic01

pulmonaria majeste catching a ray of sun

Thumbnail by redchic01

a fun combination

Thumbnail by redchic01

this one is standing out just as I had hoped that it would. At least at the moment the picture was taken. lol

Thumbnail by redchic01
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Pony..what a great shot of your gecko.He is very handsome. The harness is a great design..but I think the frogs would not sit still for that one. I can invision them in one and just laugh. Can you imagine them hopping down a garden path in a harness snapping up slugs along the way?. What a sight that would be! LOL!!

Rj. Love the iris photo's..pretty with or without flash!
Red- beautiful pics of your garden. Did your pulmonaria bloom yet? Mine did several moths ago. They are so pretty.

A fluffy pink poppy

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

First bloom this year. Need to work my way back into the bed this one is in for a better close up.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Bea, imagining you walking (er, hopping?) a bunch of frogs in harnesses on slug patrol is a very amusing mental image. :D

That lily is gorgeous! I can't wait til mine start to bloom- the ones I have usually pop in July. I don't have a lot of them, but I'm really hoping I can afford to buy a good number of bulbs this fall. Lilies are my absolute favorites.

RC, You have some lovely combos there! The maple/dogwood is just dreamy! And I would love that calla where ever it ended up!

Bea, That poppy is so lovely! Looks like a ballerina skirt!

Pony, I love the image of the multiple frogs on leashes. Has anyone read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil? The flys on leashes comes to mind......

Hmmm... frogs on leashes chasing flies on leashes... oh, this is getting so strange. LOL!

We had ducks when I was a teenager, and one of them got kicked by our pack pony. It dislocated his shoulder and he had to be in a body cast for a while. We kept him in a harness on a leash to keep him out of the pond, because he would have sunk like a rock with the cast on. When we had to take him into Seattle to see the vet, I took him into Tower Records with me. He waddled up and down the aisles just as polite as can be... oh, the looks we got! (Hey, the sign on the door said "No Dogs"... it said *nothing* about ducks!) :D

Pony.... I never realized that they would put casts on ducks! But, it does make perfect sense. I would've loved to have seen that duck and the sign. In fact, I would've had to have taken a picture of them!

Thanks RJ and Bea. Yep, my pulmonaria bloomed a couple of months ago as well, another reason why I like it so well. I love both the movie and the book of 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'!!

I dearly wish I had a picture. I'll never forget it, but it would be nice to have the visual to share...

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

A lily hiding from the deer.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Big pink poppy

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

with white rhodie

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

From the golf course.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

One Kalmia

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Two Kalmia. Almost gone

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Spiderwort

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Can't see what this one is of until I can enlarge it. ^_^
Oh, just stuff. Blue Oat grass, campanula, iris, daylily,

This message was edited Jun 19, 2009 6:34 PM

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Thank you for the welcome! I think I will join in and add some of my garden pics. ;o) You all have such beautiful gardens. I really enjoy seeing all the beautiful pictures. A great way to get new ideas for my own gardens. Here's another shot of an area I already posted, but with a few more things in bloom.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl

Ahhh.... love the lilies, Sherry. Gorgeous!

Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

Thanks! How about a little closer up view of one of them.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

And one of the daylilies blooming in there.
Sherry

Thumbnail by Sherrygirl

Soooo pretty. Lilies are my favorites. :)

Sherry... I love those Lilies, especially in your second pic! What kind are they? We'd love to see more pics of your place. Oh, FYI.... most of my pictures are close up because I don't want to show off all of my background weeds! Or, the pic is at such a distance that the weeds blend. Really! and right now a full 1/3 of the lawn has been tilled up and is muddy dirt. But, I'm happy to be rid of the grass!

Willow... your yard always looks so well manicured! I love the pic of the white rhody and pink poppy.

RC, I loved the book and the movie too!

Pony, Wish you had a pic too! Imagination is a pretty good tool however!

Willow, Glad you got a chance to go out in the yard and take pics! Your world is so lovely! Bet the people on the golf course love to play by your area....what a view! Really love the Kalmia!

Sherry, We would love to see more of your gardens! Just beautiful! I love the lilies too, and am a daylily junkie. More please!

If you guys get bored with my daylily pictures, tell me,as my season is finally starting and I just go crazy with the camera with them. This is my first bloom on Volusian Spider....new to me last fall.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Astilbie and my nasty Zebra Grass. Beautiful like ivy or lamium.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

My daylily garden has color now....just cant wait till it explodes!

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Wow.... now that's a daylily garden. Nice job RJ.

Rj..... who could ever get bored of daylily pics? lol

I didn't take many while out in the yard today as it drizzled most of the day. But, during a break I took a few.

this is a spirea that I brought home last year because it was throwing out some wild branches. Usually those branches die or the green ones take over. But, they didn't die, and the green hasn't taken over. So, I'm thinking that I might try to air layer a couple of the branches, something i've attempted only once or twice before!

Thumbnail by redchic01

the ones without any green would most likely die, but I think that this one has potential and is pretty cool looking

Thumbnail by redchic01

I'm trying to decide where to plant my ech. 'tomato soup'. the flower has faded from a color that was just like that of actual tomato soup! At first I was going to plant it with my other echies, but this looked interesting. The spiderwart behind it is actually a darker purple (I'll show a better pic of it) and the lilies off to the right of it are white. What do you all think??? good spot or no?

Thumbnail by redchic01

this is the actual color of the spiderwart

Thumbnail by redchic01

catching the only ray for today

Thumbnail by redchic01

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.