What's Blooming in your garden? #2 share your photo

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love your orange and yellow sharondippity. And Gypsy Romance has long been one of my favorites.
Nicky, Awesome Alex is so beautiful. I love so many of the Burseens.

Lebanon, OR

iris28 yup you can cross sdb to TB all the time, getting the pollen is the big thing.

Have fun.

D

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry, No Id, but I love them!

Thumbnail by stormyla
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

That is lovely, stormyla. Since you don't know it's name, you can give it your own.

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Dee, will doing that effect the height of the new cross? I mean put it in a different classification? TB, IB, etc...

South Hamilton, MA

Crossing TBs & SDBs results in IB. Pollen only hard to get on the ones you really want. Store in frig with a drying agent for SDB, freeze for TB, I have never tried that one.

Cherryvale, KS

Autumn Harbor Another cloudy wet day in SE Kansas BIF's!! Happy Sunday anyway!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Autumn Harbor is lovely.

Greenacres, WA

Hello everyone my hollyhocks and iris and big orange poppies are growing however no buds on them as yet. My peppermint and different Herbs are starting to grow also my onions too. Boy am I ever happy that it is warmer even though it is 50 degrees today.
Wishing everyone a successful growing season

Cherryvale, KS

Burst Hoping this puts a little cheer in your heart!! Got out and took another 25 or so pictures!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

WOW i love that one .
i so they will always be ib if you cross tb and sdb . i was just wondering if you can try for different traits like some seedlings from the cross will be sdb and some tb . with the different color or ruffles . like a ruffly sdb or something

South Hamilton, MA

The plants will segregate out for size. Some will be taller & some shorter. Traits turning up ( a few are surprises) will be what you put in. If you like ruffles cross ruffles to ruffles, or a certain color plus ruffles, make sure at least one plant has that trait. AIS sells the book 'The World of Irises', information from the 80s but necessary if you wish to hybridize.

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

no i dont wish that lol to much work for me . i was just curious if the same rules apply to iris as they do with brugs and daylily hybrids

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Species iris odaesanensis today.

This message was edited May 3, 2009 9:33 PM

Thumbnail by boojum

Double Byte SDB

Thumbnail by boojum
Lebanon, OR

I was sold that iris odaesanensis and it ended up being a pink Rod something, looking it up, so disappointed as I wanted this one.

D

Cherryvale, KS

Charmaigne Goodnight BIF's. Got an e-mail today asking me to take pics in StJoe. Everyone cross your fingers!!LOL Going to start #3

This message was edited May 3, 2009 9:52 PM

Thumbnail by NickysIris

Dee, I am dividing this one in half this year because I need to move some into the shade garden and out of front door tenant traffic. I'm afraid to move it all since it is happy on the east side. In a few years I prolly would be able to share since it spreads. I bet you could write to Marty and Jan (Joe Pye Weed) and see if they have some for sale if you can't wait.

Greenacres, WA

Hi I want to share with you my bleeding heart plant it is my first plant that has flowers
I love it. I have Tulips too

Thumbnail by MarciaS
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Very pretty, Marcia.

Greenacres, WA

Thank You so much

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news sharondippity but unless the color is way off in your pic~ Post #6495226 that's Not "Gypsy Romance": http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/35205/
My pic of "Gypsy Romance".

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

DaLoveRat,

I love your pic of Gypsy Romance. It's a beauty!!!

Lebanon, OR

Boojum, thank you. Would love it. I can wait for a very time trust me, think I will be on hold for a very long, the weather, the wedding the surgery.

Hugs and thank you

D

Gainesville, TX

Thanks for the new info Rat, I'd bet you are right

Darned if it hasn't happened again. I guess the label says it all.

I checked out the iris, rephotoed, yes it is true to color..new photo attached

.....sooooooooooo, I dug up it's aluminum label that I plant with the rhizomes as I buy them..... and........ big as life it says Gypsy Romance, American Meadows

I wish I knew what it is I bought, it is really very pretty.

Thumbnail by sharondippity

Nicky- Autumn Harbor is a stunner. I just love the unusual blue-purple color, so striking.

The real Gypsy Romance is another show stopper. Have to put them both on my wish wish.

Santa Ynez, CA

here is one new beauty today...Pure romance

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

and another Bewitchment

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

another afternoon delight

Thumbnail by makj
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Makj, those are all stunning. Pure Romance is my favorite. They must look great together.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Makj that Pure Romance is so Rich Looking. Almost loose yourself in it.

Santa Ynez, CA

it is even better than the photo, which as we know sometimes the photo can be a little misleading.....

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

sharondippity~ The last photo of it the color looks about right and so do the beards but I can't see the shoulders of the falls very good that's what I would look at since you do have a tag saying that's what you bought. I noticed that the irise in question is on different sides of the orange one in your two pics are you sure that its the same iris?

Gainesville, TX

Rat
orange on both sides
Might have something to do with the fact that it's been raining off and on for days

Pure Romance is another stunner.

Santa Ynez, CA

it turned out to be even prettier in real life...

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Astrobubbles

Thumbnail by cathysplants
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Absolute Treasure

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Bottoms Up

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Bygone Era