What's Blooming in your garden? #2 share your photo

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh gosh guys! Those are all so beautiful. Can't wait until I can post some. I like the Cup of Joy oddity myself. If an iris could be bread to do that all the time, it would probably be very popular -- no matter what the rules say. Soon it would be added to the novelty class.

South Hamilton, MA

I'm afraid not popular with me--one of the appeals of irises is their classic shape. You can always grow the daisy type plants in different colors, see hybridizers forum for zinnias for the unusual.

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nominee - Photo taken in the rain!!!

Thumbnail by cathysplants
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Vanity

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pink Champagne

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pacific Destiny - Camera didn't capture the true color of this one. It is a beautiful blue!

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Tropical Paradise

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

John

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

After the Storm

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

lincolnitess-
that splash of red reminds me of a red version of pink pele
-t

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Lullaby of Spring - This one's a beauty!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pink Pele is one I want to get. There are just so many cute little SDB's, I can't get enough of them. This is Raspberry jam, one I received in a trade last summer. It is very close in looks to Ruby Wings.

Yesterday I noted a few buds on some tall bearded ones. Won't be long now.

susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Hello,

My name is Cindy and I'm a newbie to Iris' and knowing their names. Some of these I received in a co-op last summer, the others I ordered from SpringHill.

This is Big Apple

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Bewitchment

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Bonkers

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Well Endowed (Spring Hill)

Thumbnail by purpbutfly
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

hi purpbutfly-

lol... 'Well endowed'...betcha a guy named it :0)

Cherryvale, KS

Webmaster Happy WET and dreary Saturday BIF's!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

First bloom ever for me on Sparks Fly.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Top view.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Orange Tiger

WOW Sparks Fly I want that one ^_^. Where may I ask did you get that? All of the Iris' are beautiful. My mom has them scattered all over her property. This fall we are going to move them all to one area. Plus I'm going to help myself to some ^_^

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow, beautiful purpbutfly and lincolnitess! I am delighted to see Big Apple. It is lovely in your yard. I have it, but it hasn't bloomed yet. Don't know if it will this year or not -- its too early. Fingers crossed.

Cherryvale, KS

Babylon
Queen I've been out taking pictures. I think I hear thunder.

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Bonkers I gotta go build a boat!!LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Lebanon, OR

I was out taking pictures and just as I was finishing the last row of medians, it starting DOWNPOURING, thundering and LIGHTENING, so fast into greenhouse, let up a second and into the house. No crosses again today. Did get all but dusting and the kitchen done...does that count. Know it is not out getting my nails dirty as I would prefer...but did something.

Now going to eat and rest.

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

We have clouds here and have received maybe 10 or 15 drops of rain -- which is normal for this time of year.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I think Dee was supposed to be in bed for 24 hours, ahem Dee! Scrubbing floors and dusting and doing the kitchen is not bed rest! But as I told her, gotta love that Prednisone, LOL.

South Hamilton, MA

It's useful, but certainly sent my blood sugar up--one one pill every other day at the moment.

Lebanon, OR

Thankfully tomorrow is the LAST one of those darlings, do not help with the new nutritioal way of eating...HIGH protein, Low Carb, Low Calorie to loose the excuse baggage before Oct. Only 20-25# but it has been around awhile.

I know Polly, but to me 24 hours was up when I got up today:) you see how well I count. But 24 would be up by noon today anyways.

The house sure looks nice:) since normally at photo taking time, it does not.

As soon as I get off here, going to go get my icecube trays marked for pollen hopefully tomorrow and my hangtags for the crosses.

Then we got some videos for tonight, so I should be OK for tonight

Lebanon, OR

Warning sunglasses will be needed for this fiery little thing

Fire Coral
Aitken 2007

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Santa Ynez, CA

what a beauty.....

Gainesville, TX

not sure about the name on the orange but was pretty with gypsy romance

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Gainesville, TX

The brightest yellow I have seen. A real knock out. Loves the Sun

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I read somewhere, IrisMA, that Prednisone can take a person from pre-diabetes to diabetes. It's a necessary medicine, but certainly needs to be taken with caution.

South Hamilton, MA

I have the real thing as far as diabetes. However I needed something to get rid of the guck in my head & stop coughing.

Cherryvale, KS

Awesome Alex It is bedtime BIF's Catch you tomorrow!!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Fire Coral is wonderful. I love orange in the garden. Gypsy Romance looks like a wonderful satuated color. I love purple too. Sparks Fly is one I received in a trade last summer. It really glows.

Susan

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

apache rose . its been cold and rainy .

Thumbnail by iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

can you cross tb and sdb .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.