What's Blooming in your garden? #2 share your photo

Cherryvale, KS

Prairie Thunder AB

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Let's Elope Went to Tulsa Iris show today! I'm exhausted!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Good for you, Nicky, entering the show. That takes extra work, but it is truly wonderful for the public to see our beauties. Do you know if you won anything? Albuquerque will have its median and aril show tomorrow. I will pass through, but iris aren't blooming this far north yet. Alas!

Cherryvale, KS

Eleanor Claire clump shot. Happy Sunday BIF's!! Alas only one blue ribbon for Deep Conviction!

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Love your pictures, and congratulations on your blue ribbon!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Congrats Nicky! And I love that clump shot.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

What a nice way to wake up on a Sunday morning......

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous Neil!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I like Let's Elope. What is the name of the pink one in the center of your photo Neil?

Susan

South Hamilton, MA

Take a day off gardening if possible, Nicky--need your strength for the rest of the season.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's Mandarin Morning

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Posted part of this on another thread. Neightbor with Alheimer's passed away last night, have been with his wife. Home now making sure grandson is off to work. Going back across the street to stay with Lou until their children start to arrive, will come home and start cooking.

will be on later,

rose

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Nicky
i picked up your ribbons a 1st and 2nd place is good .
the wind shattered all mine so i got no ribbons this year !
sniff ! sniff! woe is me !^_^

Thumbnail by tazzy

hurt all over today so here just some garden shots today ,
will name when i feel better
Thornbird, now i cant see picture when editing and i forgot
oldtimmers here i come LOL

This message was edited Apr 27, 2009 11:54 AM

This message was edited Apr 29, 2009 12:07 AM

Thumbnail by tazzy

lots of bloom today.' Welchs Reward'- MTB

Thumbnail by tazzy
Greenacres, WA

I have a question I was given some Iris last year and the problem I am having is they are now weeds growing in them is there any way to kill the weeds without killing the Iris? Thank You

yes, and it is very painfull,
pulling them up by hand.then apply weed and feed 3 or 4 times a year .helps some ,
i am in the mood this year that weeds are just back ground texture for the iris .
Hope some one find something soon that works cause this old body cant even crawl this year to pull them up.
help!" im on the ground and cant get up"

Gainesville, TX

Some iris I had to cut to protect from the spring storms coming in. Better to enjoy some inside than not at all

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Gainesville, TX

Tazzy,
I planted Welch's Reward with Gingersnap, they bloomed together and complimented each other beautifully

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

It was a happy Sunday to see these blooming..... Aleppo Plain

I was getting envious of my neighbors and their blooms ;)

Thumbnail by Raggedyann

The marker disappeared for this one. Any ideas??

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
South Hamilton, MA

I use a kneeler, mainly to get up--puch down on the tall handles & up you come. Some of our beds are on a very small slope, but i will tumble into them, DH weeds the high side. I hate to admit it, but he has donw most of the weeding so far.

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

Hello Darkness

Thumbnail by dd95172
Lebanon, OR

Lucy, I have one of those and come next year will be using alot me thinks. LOL Should be running around the block by spring.

I wish my honey would weed, but he does the fertilizing and ron star. Anything and everything helps doesn't it.

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have one and love it, but for me it is especially good for knees that hurt when they have to hold me on any hard surface. The handles for pushing up don't hurt a bit though. And sometimes, turning it over and sitting on it is ideal.

South Hamilton, MA

Turning it over & sitting on it is very helpful to rest. I also sit on it when marking tags for a cross & noting the cross in my notebook. The late Bee Warburton always said that you can write a lot of tags while sitting. down.

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

first flower on lancer is blooming . i added this one in sept . it rained today .

Thumbnail by iris28
Cherryvale, KS

Concertina Happy Tuesday Bif's Had to work yesterday to support my habit!LOL Placed an order in Tulsa for more-guess what -iris!! Sorry you are having to deal with a sad time Rose. My iris are drowning!! Hope they don't rot!! They say we got 3.5 inches!! I'll be surprised if i don't have problems with rot and fungus among us! Should take a picture of my super sad garden. It is not pretty.

Thumbnail by NickysIris

Here's Ola Kala that surprised me this morning!

Thumbnail by Raggedyann

I bought this one with the tag 'Indian Chief' but now know that isn't so. Can anyone ID this one?

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

First regular TB of the season. Noid--no problem.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Supposed to be 'Gnus Flash'. All the regular TB's are putting up bloom stalks. Showtime is near.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose

Magical Glow - TB
first bloom for me i am little disappointed
no branching and wanted deeper orange.

Thumbnail by tazzy

Lady of The Night -BB

Thumbnail by tazzy

Mastery-TB

Thumbnail by tazzy

Out Of The Darkness-TB-2007
show stalks

Thumbnail by tazzy

Fancy Dress- TB

Thumbnail by tazzy

A Keith Named Smith _TB with huge flounces
hope i got the name right lost tag
it is one of Bursen weird ones

Thumbnail by tazzy
Cherryvale, KS

Jersey Cream put on an amazing show!! Tazzy i need Out of The Darkness!! If you see anything of mine to trade in July let me know!LOL

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Can Can Red

Thumbnail by bamagirl35973

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.