Tillys acer part 2

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Lol, Michael, I'm not sure I want to share any of my "good" beer with the slugs-I doubt they would appreciate it, anyhow. They usually get "animal beer"-seems appropriate...

RJ, the native salamanders also eat slugs. Go Salamanders, go!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

My slugs get big enough that they get drunk, but don't drown. If there's anything worse than a voracious slug in your garden, it's a drunk voracious slug. And those European ones sing the loudest and most obnoxious drinking songs. The next think you know, they'll break out the tiny slug lederhosen . . .

Eugene, OR

This I've got to see!!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Know wonder they like your yard, Kathy

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

It really helps to bait for slugs year round. I once 'killed' every slug I could find by sticking my weeder through their heads and then threw them in the bucket. The next day they were crawling around with holes in their heads. So be sure to cut them in half.

Eugene, OR

Ewwwww! LOL

(Judi)Portland, OR

Willow the image in my head of slugs all around with holes in their heads is just too weird! LOL!

Eugene, OR

I'll never look at a slug in quite the same way! LOL

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

yuck! Which is worse, slugs in lederhosen wobbling around the garden on tipsy slime trails or slugs wearing crash helmets to prevent injury from steel implements falling suddenly from above?

Eugene, OR

ROFLOL!!!!

(Judi)Portland, OR

I like the drunk ones - they'll never know what hit them.

Eugene, OR

I hadn't thought of it that way, but it's probably the most humane method. Still LOL.

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Have tried to reply a couple of times, but couldn't stop snickering enough to form a complete sentence! Willow, I have seen that moving around after I thought that I had dispatched them (usually in my greenhouse). Tough little things.

Katie, the whole slugs singing bawdy songs in won't get out of my head! I keep flashing back to "Flushed Away" (yes, I am an animated movie junkie) and the singing slugs. I laughed like crazy. Had to post a link just in case anyone couldn't quite get the visual:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUntmynCPGw

Eugene, OR

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that one. Now I've got a picture of drunken slugs sing bawdy songs and dancing seductively!! Still LOL!!!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I guess they'd really need to be "lederskirts". Apparently they can change gender for reproduction as the circumstances suit. This has always made me wonder who decides who has to "change" and how long does it take?

This message was edited Apr 6, 2009 10:14 AM

Eugene, OR

Oh, this is getting way out of control. Now they can change gender. Brings more picture sand a different perspective on that video. I can't laugh anymore, it hurts!!!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Maybe we could have a Dancing with the Slugs contest at the RoundUp!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Please someone tell me what have I done, first we are talking about H Toads then snakes and now drunken dancing slugs. O' MY
If I find a slug that came move faster than me and wearing lip stick not to mention singing. I will have to move. LOL More slug bait please

Eugene, OR

ROFLOL again!!!

Dances With Slugs.... sounds like an indian name! Tilly, see what happens when you are out of touch for a couple of days!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

No kidding!!!!!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I had so much fun today, so sunning and warm and only had a T-shirt on. Got all the woodland Furniture out and found the perfect home for my tractor (my DH got for my b-day last year) Did not know what to do with it, till now. Love it, Daylily grows thru it. Got the idea from some of Heidi's neat stuff.

Now more slugs, now its fight time. LOL

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Eugene, OR

Tills.....I LOVE that tractor!! Perfect spot for it.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

That is really sweet Tilly!. The tractor and wheelbarrow look so fine with your tractor-driver garden buddy.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you, love it ^_^

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Awesome tractor, as well as a cute driver. Very nice addition to the garden!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Your woodland garden is looking soooo good!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

So wish I had more time to spend on it or more to expand it. Have a log way to go, just keeping up with the ones I've done is a handful.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I had to bring me back to life, I am sooooo lost and did not where to post my pics don't not want to try to read all the treads I have missed all in one day, I would never get anywhere. I have missed so much. and keep getting lost SIGN. And I can't recall what I have posted in pics. (and I have my spell check) wo who

My new addition

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

My plantie babie from over the pond. Thank you Laurie, he made it threw the winter with gussto. and has 2 flower stalks. Can't wait till the open. ^_^
He's dead center of pic

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

What have I done, I must be nuts. What was I thinking

These are all new Dahlias, does not count what I have if they made the winter.

O' My

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Tilly,

I love your bike! And looks like with your dahlias you have definitely given yourself a way to keep busy! Don't worry about catching up, just go with the flow! Good to see you back!

Eugene, OR

Nice to see you Tills. Looks like you've been busy and like Julie says you still will be. It really looks nice, love the bike!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I would have replied sooner but lost power, tree came down on lines, out front of my yard, now its time for bed now, get back sometime in the morrow

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Eugene, OR

Bet that caused some excitement!! Glad it wasn't worse.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Tour new garden looks great Tills. Your dahlias will be so beautiful. Did many overwinter? I think mine all died.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Lynn these are all new, I have as yet know, what may have lived so far I have not seen anything pop up. Dug up a couple, and they look promising we will see.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Ah, yes, the "coat hangering" trick, Tilly, just to check things out.
I have loved and done dahlias in the past and now have the philosophy that if they make it through the winter, they are ones to keep. I try to plant them deep enough so that they don't freeze, and many do survive. The other big issue is varmints that eat the tubers (I understand they are edible for humans, too). (See the vole thread). We'll see how many have survived the winter here. None are up yet. Love them, but to dig and store every fall is just a little too much to add to other tasks these days.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

PNW. I don't think I ever said Hi or Welcome to PNW. LOL I am doing it now, I have been out of sink for awhile.

WELCOME ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I have not decided if I will plant then I the ground as yet, till I see if any of my last years come up. If they do I will plant deep and use hardware cloth to line the holes. That should keep the little buggers at bay. I may have a Dals pot farm LOL
But I love Them
One from last year

Thumbnail by tillysrat
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the welcome, Tills. I have been hanging around for about as long as you have been "out of sink" I'm trying to remember if we met at Dragonfly a few months back. Everyone was new to me then, so I have a really hard time remembering such. Are you planning to come to the round up?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.