Spring RU Trade Thoughts

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

This will be for Wants/Haves and just general rambling as we usually do....LOL!
No need to stake a place.

I will put up a Confirmed List Thread also to make it easier to keep track of things.

Ric

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

I got my stake in here anyway...LOL

I have quite a few things here that may need to be divided...I will know more when everything gets up better...

This message was edited Mar 26, 2009 1:59 PM

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I'm looking for almost anything for my fruit garden!

I ordered some chokecherry for a birdfood hedge. They come in bundles of 5, buy one and get one free, so I will have more that I want.

Also, I have lots of noid lilac coming up around the huge old lilacs I cut to the ground last year. Some can probably be potted up if anyone is interested.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2009 10:26 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm looking for some Paw Paw's.
If I'm going to grow any fruit that would be it.
Pits would be good too. I can start my own.

Ric

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'd love some coleus if anyone will have starts of those. Probably will have much more on my want list later!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

I should have some nice rooted coleus. Mostly the sun type. I kept the mother plants in my plant room using the CFL lights and they did really good. Some will be named some NOID.
George

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

^_^

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Just claiming a spot for trades

Will have to trade:
Rose Campio 'Magenta'
lamium 'Orchid Frost'
Euphorbia 'diamond Frost'
blanket flower
black eye-susans
coreopsis (Tickseed)
Coreopsis 'Zagreb'
1Orange scented geraniums
1 butterfly bush (2yrs old-lilac colored blooms
ladybells
purple cone flowers
creeping thyme
NOID daylilys red ones and gold ones pot luck as to color but have a lot of them

I wanted to add that I have planty of creeping pond forget-me-nots, gold calendula, a couple of trades of sweet woodruff and lots of purple columbine to trade if anyone is interested. (added 5-16-09.)

Looking for:

red bee balm
red yarrow
rudbeckias

This message was edited May 16, 2009 5:18 PM

Lou, I think the monarda (bee balm) I have is red (it was new last year and my memory is shot). It has spread enough I can bring some. I thought rudbeckias were a black-eyed susan?

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I mean the newer types. What I have are the original wildflowers. Thanks, Lou

Ric i have wondered about Paw Paw tree's my FIL talks about them all the time. I would like to grow some too.
i really wont have anything to trade but
tomatos
true black brandywine Ric
lucky cross( crop failure :( )
Riesentraube
Amish paste
aunt rubys german green
eggplant
ping tung( crop failure or it may be human error LOL)
tomatillos
purple and verde

Im looking for shade plants expecially hostas
flowers for wildflower mixes to put around my garden for bee's and butterflys.
peonies as always
daylilys any will do for me LOL
i think that is it so far
sue
i have 10 half pint jars of black raspberry jam
no sugar added , and no seeds .
first come first dibs.
if anyone is interested. place your order :)
jams
Ric 1
Joyce 1
Geo 2 jars
Marcy 1 jar and in exchange for ferns :)
lilyhostaky 1 jam and a tomato of her choice
i can't sell this item at market , it came out to stiff , but it still spreads excellent on bread .

This message was edited Apr 5, 2009 7:03 PM

This message was edited Apr 13, 2009 12:21 PM

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009 8:04 AM

This message was edited Apr 19, 2009 6:40 PM

This message was edited Apr 24, 2009 7:25 AM

This message was edited May 10, 2009 8:56 AM

This message was edited May 10, 2009 8:59 AM

This message was edited May 20, 2009 8:58 PM

This message was edited May 25, 2009 7:35 PM

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Lou, I've started a bunch of Rudbeckia hirta, mixed colors from seed, so I should have plenty of extras. I'll keep ya posted on their progress, but they're looking really good now. I may have some 'Irish Eyes' too.

Synda, I've seen both Echinacea and Rudbeckia commonly referred to as Coneflowers. I think they were once classified as being in the same genus, and later separated.

I'm gonna be looking for some Coleus too, not concerned with names. I lost all but 3 or 4 of mine during the power outage that followed the ice storm.

Also looking for:
Iris, bearded, Siberian, etc.
Peonies, any, especially reds and deep pinks
Asparagus
Raspberries
Akebia vine
Begonias I don't have
Omphalodes
Myosotis

I'll list haves as the season progresses a bit.

Neal, I can bring you some raspberries, and blue Siberian iris. I think the white Sib. you gave me must be toast, though. Also a slim possibility of I may have some asparagus, no promises there.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Great, Darius! I don't think I gave you a white Sib, I've only got a couple that are still too small to divide. Have you ever harvested any seed from asparagus? It would probably be 5 years till harvest, but the older I get the faster time seems to go anyway, LOL. I have a seed grown amaryllis about to bloom for the first time, it kinda made me aware how patient I've become in middle age.

Well, someone gave me one at the RU last year, I just thought it was you. Sorry. No, I've never saved any seed from asparagus although I do have several females. I have a few plants I stuck in the ground in the wrong place last spring and I haven't decided if I want to move and keep them yet. My older asparagus is in a bed against the house, and it's full. (It's only a small bed, which is why I ordered more crowns last spring.)

The raspberries will be a mixed bag; I have Heritage, Caroline and NOID all mixed together, and they all look alike.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Mixed varieties will be great, I'm not too concerned with variety names, just like having a variety of types for extended harvest season.

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Neal I will have some coleus.

Did that Lady Baltimore Begonia
make it thru the winter for you

Pauletta

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Pauletta, it sure did, and beautifully! I've even got a pot full of cuttings from it rooted. That's why I'm on the Begonia's hot and heavy- they like me! LOL Even the Rex types have overwintered well. I did lose that gorgeous one from Bonnie this winter...grrrr...it still makes me sick to think about it! I'd just watered it before the ice storm and power outage, and it rotted in the cool temps. Coleus- yayyy!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to let you know some of the things I will have for trade. Was out walking around this afternoon, and saw many Obiedient plants, Chelone, many NOID daylilies, hosta's. I have an abundance of canned jellies and jams, tomato sauce, pickles. I have lanium, and will probably have extra coleus, sweet potato vine, maybe 1 or 2 lantana, and verbena, some million bells. Wandering jew, the small leaf variety.

Just let me know if you are interested in any of these items. May have more to list, as I haven't taken a complete inventory.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Me, me, me! I'm up for all the canned stuffs, million bells, verbena and obedient plant. ^_^

Still not sure what I will have for trade, but I know I'll have zebra grass and a short miscanthis if anyone is interested in those.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Just went to the confirmed trades thread....

I love you Bonnie...♥♥♥

I need to re-read what folks have listed here!

Bonnie, you can bring me chelone or verbena...
Lou, I'd like any cone flowers, coreopsis or tall black-eyed susans. I'll pot up the monarda for you today now that it's got some growth.

Looking for daisys
dispatcher would like to have some of your daylilys. :)
would love coleus too

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, do you know what cultivar your chelone is? I have a couple "Hot Lips" but would like to have some other kind if it's different.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Gemini_Sage

I have an akebia vine but have not been able to get starts from cuttings. I will to layer one for you and maybe by RU time, it will have rooted. I love the foliage on this vine. I use it a lot in my arrangements. Lou

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I've got you girls down as confirmed so I won't forget!!! Thanks, Lou

Joyce, I don't know what the chelone is, I got it from Doris, a DGer who passed away about 2 years ago. It is special to me because of her. It is a pink.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Lou!

Joyce...Taynors
I should have plenty of coleus
I don't know names though.
I took cuttings and I sowed lots of coleus
They are gowing and looking pretty.

Neal I would like
Toad lily
Variegated Solomon Seal

Pauletta

thanks Pauletta

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Not sure if I can make it. If I can come I will probably bring glass things.I'm thinking maybe I'll make a few glass balls. I might be able to bring a pawpaw if I can find one small enough to dig up. BTW can someone tell me how to find the list that rates plant catalogs. I know I saw it here somewhere. thanks.

Rebecca

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Sure thing Pauletta. I gotcha down for 'em :-)

The GardenWatchdog rates companies, so I choose catalogs from their top 30 list, usually. However, I also get a couple of catalogs just for the pictures and information, like White Flower Farm.

If there's a good list of catalog companies I'd love to know too.

Thanks Neal

Pauletta

shadowgarden, are you interested in plants that I have listed? Would be happy to share plants for another lovely glass piece.

Neil if you have any more solomen seal, I would be interested in that too.

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Sure I would like some obedient plant. Other things I would like are mostly shade wildflowers, lungwort, Dutchman"s breeches, trilliums, bloodroot, trout lilies, Jack in the pulpets, wisteria vines and of course violets.

shadowgarden, I am going over to the trade thread and putting you down for the obedient plant, and I think I have some violets that I can pot up.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Shadowgarden Hello!
I have Dutchman"s breeches, trilliums, bloodroot, trout lilies, Jack in the pulpits, and blue, yellow and some white violets. I hear your glass work is quite nice(Hint, Hint)
George

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rebecca I've got you covered on the Lungwort.
There should be dozens of volunteers popping up here.

And George the glasswork IS very very nice.
We have several pieces from Jazz's RU...

Ric

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.