SPRING....so show off your pic's

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I thought I'd get in on the fun. I don't have much in bloom yet, but here are daffodils...

Thumbnail by KaylyRed
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

And hyacinth...

Thumbnail by KaylyRed
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

The little patch by my side gate...

Thumbnail by KaylyRed
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Lovely photos all. I think those peonies look like some of my roses. Here are more iris and a Disneyland rose shot I took yesterday.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

cactus.. the Disneyland are beautiful..and the BI is stunning!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I so love Disneyland, the variation of the bloom colors makes it just pop in the landscape. Leawood love that path too. Took this one a few days ago of my path. The plant in the flagstone is a French Hollyhock that self seeded and overwintered.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltdiva/2508982148/in/set-72157605156835214/

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Cliff Dweller, WA(Zone 8b)

I've kind of been on the fly lately so mostly just enjoying the photos and not posting much. GREAT PHOTOS!!! I've really enjoyed them...

I grow quite a few roses, and I have to admit the photos of the Disneyland rose is BEAUTIFUL! I looked it up but it doesn't say much about it being disease resistant. So... for those of you growing it... how fussy is it? I have grown a rose in the past that has been a real fun one...kind of the same habits...the blooms change colors, but it was not disease resistant, so every summer I'd go through a couple rounds treating it for black spot and powdery mildew. I'd love to know more about the Disneyland rose from those who are growing it!

CactusPatch
That photo of the Malva growing in the rock path is just STUNNING! I love the blurred out back flowers with just the Malva in focus. VERY VERY nice!

I lost three very nice roses this last winter. They got hit hard by a deep freeze/wind storm in winter 2006/2007. I nursed them along (as half bushes) last summer, but this winter got them. The hardier roses made it, but ... I lost some beauties including the rose in the photo below.

The photo below is my "Heart O'Gold" (that is no more)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2009 9:24 AM

Thumbnail by Highmtn
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks highmtn, I am sorry but don't know if Disneyland is disease resistant. Due to our dry climate, my roses don't get diseases. But I would imagine it does well since they picked it for ease of growing in the Disneyland Parks??

Cliff Dweller, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks CactusPatch...

Yes.. I suppose it can be VERY hot and humid in L.A. and FL. I read up on it a little and I didn't see any notations about it being "DR" which is often a selling perk for some roses.

Off to my day. One more photo of the Heart O'Gold rose. Somewhere I have a photo of the whole bush in bloom. It really was a dandy...with the biggest blooms I've ever seen on a rose!

I made a little bouquet of daisies and Heart O'Golds. Tooo bad daisies don't smell better... they don't do much to enhance fragrance...LOL

Thumbnail by Highmtn
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Wow CactusPatch, your garden path is gorgeous! What a beautiful setting for your flowers.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

That is one Gorgeous bouquet, the daisys are lovely even though they make me sneeze!

Thanks Leawood, I owe my sweet DH for the flagstone paths. Who knew he could do that? Been married 33 years, never showed an inclination to do flagstone until a few years ago after we took a garden tour in Phoenix and I took so many photos of their wonderful paths. ; )

Carson City, NV(Zone 6a)

OK, this is it, I'm gonna cry!!! Got all sorts of seedlings in the living room doing pretty good (haven't started anything from seeds since I took an OH class in college over 30 years ago). Was on Calif.'s Central Coast at my Mom's for a week visiting and doing some gardening for her. Just got back this afternoon to heavy winds and it's supposed to be 29 degrees tonight. I WANT SPRING TO COME AND STAY!!

Thank you, feel much better now. Just needed a little rant.

Marilyn

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Iam too going to cry ,I am sooo jealous ,everyones gardens are in gorgous full bloom,my redbud tree is almost ready to pop,bradford pears just opened sunday,everything is so late coming on,really crummy spring,,did i say really crummy,iwanted to send a pretty spring picture,before this thread ends lol . cactuspatch,I bought some malva zebrina seed yesterday,yours is beautiful.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Variegated Solomon's Seal grows under my viburnum and on a berm in my shade garden. It just started blooming this weekend.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I have never seen a Solomon's Seal but that is so subtle and delicate.

Marilyn, spring will be there soon. But I know what you mean, I am always so anxious for the winter to be over and my winter is only about 3 months of mild cold--but still I can't wait to be rid of it. LOL!

hugger--great! I hope they reseed for you like mine do.

Here is my front bed with all the larkspurs that reseeded from last year.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Carson City, NV(Zone 6a)

Cactuspatch, all I can say about your garden is WOW! I love your Santa Fe cottage style.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks, I just love blooms! Now let me see some of your pix! ; )

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Leawood - I desperately want to find variegated Solomon's seal for my shady bed. I've had no luck so far. I've even checked the plant trading lists, but can't find anyone offering variegated. Is it slow spreading? Not something you'd divide often, or ever?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Had a break in the rain and snapped a few shots this morning.

I have lilacs coming on my tiny little bush/tree. It was a cutting when I got it two years ago!!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

A white dutch iris.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This is the second BI that came up to soon. It is very short but pretty anyway!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

dutch iris with daffs.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Carson City, NV(Zone 6a)

Ok, here's my newish flower bed (expanded last summer). The bulbs are all new, lots more to bloom later this Spring.

Thumbnail by myezek
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Iris patch with a bit of morning sun on it.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Snow in Spring!
Snowing pink flower petals, that is . . .

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's the "snowing" tree . . .

Thumbnail by pgt
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

So pretty! I love the brunnera, too.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

What a cute "blue beard" love that combo of blue and yellow with the daffs too. Myezek, lovely spring bed. Reminds me a bit of one I inherited when I lived in Carlsbad, NM. The former owner had planted purple ground cover (can't think of the name this minute!) with daffs under a redbud tree. It was so fun when they all bloomed every spring. soilsandup, lovely pix of those iris. pgt, pink petals snow? Lovely and the only snow I like! LOL! I have pink petals starting to fall under my large Dreamweaver rose. Sorry no pix.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6a)

Cactuspatch, those birch trees in the photo are the reason I wanted to buy the house 23 years ago. My DH liked the finished garage. Good thing we like the rest of the place. LOL

Marilyn

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

The azaelias are starting their show!

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

How gorgeous! Love the Buddha statue, too. :)

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Beautiful! I too love the statue. : )

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Peach blossoms from my mother's garden.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

jasmine from grocery store clearance rack

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

iris

Thumbnail by LiliMerci