SPRING....so show off your pic's

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Blubine at the nursery last week. This is a great plant for warm climates.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Those are some stunning pictures, Dale. That lavender hedge is amazing!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Dale..making me home sick as I spent the majority of my life so far in the SF Bay Area. Miss friends & family & the climate, but not the traffic, crime and expense of living there. Beautiful pictures!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous Dave. I think getting paid to garden must be a dream job!

Here is my yard, still some bare spots but how it looks today with the roses starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Oops, chose the wrong photo, this is part of the yard today.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I let things reseed naturally in my yard. The snapdragons overwinter here and this French Hollyhock was planted by Mother Nature in the flagstones last fall. I love this color combo when the snapdragons behind it started to bloom.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

This combo delights me because I never could get a Columbine to be perennial for me. This one is planted in near shade and where the water runs off the house if it rains. It not only came back but I have several seedlings around it too! Don't know the name of the white iris. But it is a nice rebloomer and fragrant--but makes me sneeze.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Merritt Island, FL(Zone 9b)

Showing off my pics. Finally looking like what I thought a cottage garden should look like.

Thumbnail by mizar5

Another view.

Thumbnail by mizar5

Chamomile in foreground.

Thumbnail by mizar5
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Dale - I thought that might be a sparaxis, but the couple of pictures that were available when I did a plant search looked a little different. The orchid that you showed in your house in SF - my sister from down south gives me some plants every year - they bloom like crazy for her, but I have never, ever, gotten one to bloom here, and they tend to freeze during the winter. I like them a lot, so I am bound and determined to find a spot in my garden where they will survive and bloom.

Mizar - nice cottage garden!

Dianne

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

mizar5, Beautiful! and yes, very cottagy looking!

cactuspatch, very lovely!

I so enjoy seeing the Cottage style gardens from various climates that are so strikingly different from those of English gardens.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

mizar wonderful and cottagey. geminisage, mine is definitely different from an English style cottage. One day my UPS guy said it was "Santa Fe Cottage" I could have hugged him. Was impressed that they noticed those guys are usually in such a hurry.

Ilove these iris, In Stitches is the name. My other hobby is sewing and quilting so I had to get them. ; )

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Santa Fe Cottage, thats a perfect description of your garden cactuspatch! I was trying to think of just the right description, and he nailed it!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

cactuspatch.. The In Stiches iris is beautiful!

Pansies are in bloom all over the garden.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These are a apricot/golden yellowish hue. Just great!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These are just getting started, but I love the softness of them!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Saw this on Tuesday.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Wow! How gorgeous is that?

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Yep, it was impressive>

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Makes me want to figure out a way to make an inexpensive earth box system.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

very nice Dale..thanks for sharing those. Got the wheels spinning again!

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Bea,

Do you ever grow Dahlberg Daisy? It should do well in your climate and be a good summer annual.

It is the yellow one>

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Those pansies are so pretty. I don't know why I didn't plant any last fall. They last longest here if I plant them in the fall. They will bloom all winter until it gets warm in May or June, when they can't take the heat! I used to have Dahlsberg daisies and they could take heat and sun. This reminds me that I don't recall when they didn't return? Guess I need to replant and make a note to not forget the pansies next fall! As always, lovely photos Dale and Beahive.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

dale..I only have Shasta Dasies at this time. They do very well here and i have a ton of them. I do not like their scent however...P.U.. I may take them out next fall and replace them with something else or at least move them away from the front yard for those who walk by and have to get a wiff of them.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I have a poor sense of smell - it has to be overpowering for me to detect it.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I love daisies but am a bit allergic to them so don't put them in my floral arrangements. I can smell them and they do stink! But then I have noticed that the things I am allergic to tend to smell bad, guess it is my body telling me to move along.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

One of my borders is just crazy in bloom today!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These primroses are getting started.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

So pretty, Bea!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

White azalea and purple bletilla striata

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Winston Salem, NC

Candytuft with hyacinths. The hyacinths finished a week ago but candytuft continues to be a star.

Thumbnail by sawpalm
Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

I love that border Bea!

Some tulips and daffs..

Thumbnail by artemiss
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

artemiss..love the varigated leaves on that tulip. Very nice.

my new little friend hiding out...or at least he thought he was hidden!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Coleus season is now!

Carson City, NV(Zone 6a)

Cactuspatch,

Where did you find 'In Stitches'? Such a great iris!! As I'm a quilter also this iris could be a 'must have'.

Marilyn

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Here is my little side garden in bloom. This is the shady side of the house and location of the garbage cans. Have to make it pretty somehow!

It is actually my favorite flower bed as it has all the unique stuff planted there. The location is not the greatest.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Virginia Bluebells . . .

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Tulips

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Tulips again

Thumbnail by pgt

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.