Dicentra

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

magnolia

Thumbnail by pgt
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Very pretty pic's PGT. I love the bluebell's

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Bea, even your "side garden" is beautiful! I'd love to visit your garden and take in the whole scene.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Leawood...if your ever in town, my garden is always open! Winter is pretty bleak around here. Spring & Summer & Fall are your best bet!

The hosta and astillbe are coming along nicely.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The calla lilies seem to like their new home in the pond.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The shooting stars are great!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Aw, PGT...you're making me miss my dicentra. I really need to get one for my new house. I drove past my old place today and got teary-eyed when I saw all the plants coming up...especially my HUGE old-fashioned bleeding heart. New yards are fun to play with, but I definitely miss my established garden this time of year. *cry*

Bea, that's a pretty hosta! What cultivar is it?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Kayly..sorry no tag for that hosta. :(

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I have been out of town all week while my yard bursts with blooms. It was fun to come home to though!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Wow. CactusPatch, that's a glorious view to greet you when you return! Congratulations!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Catcuspatch - that is one impressive patch of columbine. Love the color.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

My first iris of the spring. I don't know the name - it was given to me by a friend several years ago. It's much shorter than most other iris.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

"Pheasant's Eye" Narcissus - always the last to bloom in my garden. I love the delicate appearance and long-lasting quality.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

LeawoodGardener,me too,got mine from the 100 yr old or whats left of a log cabin,next door,we find morels there too !!!

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Yours look bigger and healthier than mine - do you use bulb food?

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Here's a tulip that volunteered from last year (or the year before!). I love the color markings. I wish I had 100 more of them!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

More daffodils!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Cliff Dweller, WA(Zone 8b)

Beahive...
What kind of camera do you have? If you don't mind? :)

Everyone's pictures are awesome!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

leawood. I love those yellow/red color combo tulips. Scheepers 2008 catalog has one called Monsella that looks kinda like that.
here is a dg posting that looks very pretty of Monsella in bloom.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/149975/

I have this one..but do not know what it is. They are pretty & cheery!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Wow. That's gorgeous. Years ago I used to plant parrot tulips, but never seemed to achieve the 'look' I wanted. Maybe now that I'm older and less 'structured' I should try them again. I love the bold colors and freeform confirmation of them.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

highmtn..I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 with 12 x zoom .

Here is a link for it. I did not pay that much for it. Shop around..I think you could get a better price.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot-Digital-Optical-Stabilization/dp/B000ENN9BK

Additional Lens are availabe.

Cliff Dweller, WA(Zone 8b)

Beahive..

Thanks! I have a Sony Cybershot too, but it only has 3x zoom. I have to WORK to get good close-ups!

Nice nice photos by all!

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

leawoodGardner,I use bone meal,every year.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

The only thing more fun that having the spring blooms is seeing all the great photos of others yards here at DG!

soilsandup, I am loving those red columbines. Can't believe they actually overwintered for me and have 2 seedlings too. I guess I finally got enough shade in that bed?

This is part of my front bed. The snapdragons overwinter for me here too. I love to deadhead and last year made myself let a few go to seed--I have tiny plants coming up in a few areas. Yeah! I think this photo has the Marmalade Skies rose, daylilies not yet blooming, allysum, a salvia, snapdragons, Indian Blanket (gallardia).

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

cactus..your garden is lovely. I have seen some of your roses on the rose forum too! Wow, looks like a good gardening year for you.

This Avondale Red Bud was just stunning today at the Oregon Gardens. My shot of it does not do it justice. Will try again later in the week!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Kramer's Supreme Camellia at the OG.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Angels trumpet taken at OG's new tropical house.

This message was edited Apr 26, 2009 7:08 PM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks Beehive, yep every year is a good one here ; ) That Angel Trumpet is so pretty! I just ran across some cosmo seed that I think you sent me. Has the litte bee on the pack? Will plant them tomorrow.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I am slowly getting thing & seeds planted outdoors. We still have had some cold temps at night. My tomatilla's got a little frost bite on the top leaves. Sure hope it pulls through!

My frog today showing off her abbs!

This message was edited Apr 27, 2009 7:27 AM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Yuma, AZ

I love this thread! Everyone's gardens are beautiful! I think sawpalm was asking about drought-tolerant plants. I have a picture of a Lantana in bloom.

Thumbnail by walto
Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

Wow..lovely pictures all..I especially love seeing where different parts of the country are as spring marches through!

This weekend has been unseasonally warm, and things are opening up and dying almost in the same day..just yesterday this bed only had a couple blooms..today it exploded:

Thumbnail by artemiss
Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

These Sylvestris just opened up today..and I am glad I was here to catch them, because between the wind and 80 degree temps, they are pretty sad right now..

Thumbnail by artemiss
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

This is the end of the tree peony season for me. The last to open - a yellow/red one. Unlike most other tree peonies, these flowers hang downwards. Next to it is an azalea, and some geum.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Whereas that tree peony is not too impressive outside, it makes a stunning arrangement inside.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Everyones gardens are looking so beautiful!
The colors of the flowers are yummy! Can I ask which one it is?

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

The tree peonies are spectacular, SoilsandUp! I would love to add one (or more) to my garden, but have not had the best of luck in the past. I bought several over the years, but have never succeeded in keeping them alive past the first season. I know they grow in my zone, a local garden features a large collection that has been there since the '50s, so I guess I just don't have the right touch.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Here's a look down my garden path last Saturday.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

leawood..I would love to be strolling down your path this morning with my cup of coffee, Taking in all the beauty!!.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Leawood, that looks so gorgeous and Springy. Such a tranquil scene!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.