Specialty Gardening: SPRING....so show off your pic's, 1 by Highmtn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Highmtn

In reply to: SPRING....so show off your pic's

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of SPRING....so  show off your pic's
Highmtn wrote:
I've kind of been on the fly lately so mostly just enjoying the photos and not posting much. GREAT PHOTOS!!! I've really enjoyed them...

I grow quite a few roses, and I have to admit the photos of the Disneyland rose is BEAUTIFUL! I looked it up but it doesn't say much about it being disease resistant. So... for those of you growing it... how fussy is it? I have grown a rose in the past that has been a real fun one...kind of the same habits...the blooms change colors, but it was not disease resistant, so every summer I'd go through a couple rounds treating it for black spot and powdery mildew. I'd love to know more about the Disneyland rose from those who are growing it!

CactusPatch
That photo of the Malva growing in the rock path is just STUNNING! I love the blurred out back flowers with just the Malva in focus. VERY VERY nice!

I lost three very nice roses this last winter. They got hit hard by a deep freeze/wind storm in winter 2006/2007. I nursed them along (as half bushes) last summer, but this winter got them. The hardier roses made it, but ... I lost some beauties including the rose in the photo below.

The photo below is my "Heart O'Gold" (that is no more)

This message was edited Apr 28, 2009 9:24 AM