My favorite hot beverage is

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)
There are a total of 479 votes:

Plain 'no frills' coffee (plain, or with cream and/or sugar?)
(222 votes, 46%)
Red dot

Fancy flavored coffee (what flavor is your favorite?)
(53 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Tea or green tea
(83 votes, 17%)
Red dot

Herbal tea (which one?)
(22 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Hot cocoa or chocolate (homemade or mix?)
(49 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Hot apple cider
(9 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Other
(21 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I don't drink hot beverages
(20 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Plain old coffee, with just milk. That'll do me just fine. :)

(Although I never miss Cafe du Monde when I'm in N.O.! Thanks for the memory, Fleurs!)
Deb

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

The chicory is strong, so with the right amount of condense milk, it's not too bad - creamy, but very fattening. I wouldn't drink it everyday. But people in Vietnam drinks that stuff everyday and most everyone are skinny there!

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I can't stand coffee, have always hated it even though my three sisters all drank it from being quite young. I hate the smell of it. A favourite bookstore used to have a cafe downstairs and I had to stop going as it made me nauseous!
I absolutely love tea, the regular black tea that almost all British people drink all day. It's very much an institution here. If you visit anyone here the first thing they'll do is offer to put the kettle on for tea :)
I occasionally have hot chocolate but would prefer malted milk, Horlicks as we call it here. So nice at bedtime!
When I lived in Maine I was very much the odd one out!

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I don't drink hot drinks. Drinking coffee was never something I saw anyone in my family do. I did have an art teacher who always had a black cup of it steaming on his desk and I could always smell it. Always did think the smell offensive---blah! But the more modern doctored up versions of beans you smell taking up one whole aisle of the grocery store now---some of those do smell good. But no, still no hot drinks here. Used to do cocoa OFTEN in the winter months up north but since moving south I don't find I ever drink it anymore.

Herbal teas on a rare occassion or for medicinal use.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I love strong espresso drinks with flavorings added. A place near work makes the best but at nearly $6 a beverage, I only visit a few times a month. I drink "work coffee" all day, usually have 2-3 cups a day, plus herbal and green teas.

I enjoy making hot cider and mulled wine at home.

Mmmmm....I'm a hot drink junkie. If I drink anything with caff in it after 3 pm-ish, I'm a jittery mess and stay awake until 2 a.m.!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Just say no to "mixes" - like my Cocoa straight up - homemade...the stronger the better...LOL

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Tea , Tea, and Tea
I mostly drink herbal (mint) from my own garden, however I also like green tea with a bit of flavor and honey.
English breakfast, with a good Scottish shortbread.
Thai chai with milk and honey.
My guys love coffee ,I like the smell but not the taste.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Herbal teas of several varieties. While I drink more coffee, it isn't my favorite.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Regular coffee (Maxwell house) ,milk and sugar.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Herbal/fruit teas, mostly from Celestial Seasonings... blackberry, raspberry, cranberry

I clicked on flavored coffee 'cause I like the Columbian blend. I know its not a "flavor", but its not plain ole coffee either.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Good ole plain coffee black in the morning for me. Now, if I am going to have some in the evening I like a flavored one...mocha or any type of vanilla or with a shot of Khalua in it. :0)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I had to vote other since I adore hot beverages all day long. Have to start with bold Komodo Dragon coffee with no sugar or cream. Then it is time throughout the day to drink Ice Tea from plain old Lipton family bags brewed on top of the stove. Late afternoon is time for green tea on into the evening hours. My favorites I just pick up in any good Chinese restaurant wherever I happened to see one.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I picked other because I like hot chocolate, tea (herbal and otherwise), and hot apple cider equally well! I guess it just depends what my mood is.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Coffee, freshly ground, black. Caribou's Obsidian is my favorite.....Mmmmmmmm. Sipping some right now! :) I sometimes like using flavored creamers for something different, but black coffee is my usual choice.

For a special treat I love brewing a pot of hazelnut creme coffee the smell is wonderful before you even have that first cup.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Give me a skim milk latté, please. That's my favourite. But not with flavouring; so I voted "other". A DO like a bit of Irish cream flavouring in a coffee though, but mix it with regular for my daily cup.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Homemade espresso from freshly ground beans topped with frothed fresh goat's milk. YUM! Regular milk mixed with a little half-and-half will do, but goat's milk is best. Preferably from a Nubian goat. Uh, yeah, I voted "other." :-)

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Woofie--That is a definate "other"! Would never expect goat's milk...lol

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I love goat's milk ice cream but have never tried the regular milk in coffee! I love all kinds of goat milk cheeses, will have to try the regular milk in my coffee the next time I'm at the whole foods store and can purchase some. Thanks for the tip!!

Seminole, OK(Zone 7a)

I voted hot chocolate, the mixes, the vanilla flavored hot chocolate is very good. I only drink hot beverages when I am cold. DH made me some vanilla flavored hc last night and added coffee creamer, it was very good.

The smell of coffee is good but if I drink it (again if it is cold, LOL) I have to mask the taste with creamer and sugar.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I suppose I can include Teecino in the Other category as well.
http://www.teeccino.com/

It has the same texture and viscosity as coffee, but is healthier. It can be used in a drip coffee maker or expresso machine. Makes great cappucinos and lattes. I like the Almond Amaretto flavour the best.

Coffee used to be one of my hobbies. I would buy green coffee beans, roast them in my stove top coffee roaster, and then grind freshly before brewing. I would joke that some folks had blood in their veins, I had coffee in mine. Not a sustainable practice for good health. I do still drink coffee occasionally, but not daily. And now that I'm not on a daily dose of it, I can really feel how it dries me out. So if I'm going to have some, I'm going to have the best coffee available and really savour it as a treat.

Sinking spring, PA(Zone 5b)

Well, I love fancy coffee, but I don't drink it hot! So I voted for I don't drink hot drinks. I'm a venti iced mocha lover. I usually buy Starbucks beans, but I brew it myself. This thread reminds me something someone on another chat forum once said when the talk was getting a little heated........"Whoa, folks, dial back on the Starbucks!"

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

I was surprised to see the relatively low percentage of tea drinkers. I love freshly-brewed Darjeeling and Earl Grey from Republic of Tea. I like to say, "It's expensive but I'm worth it!"

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Coffee black and not to strong.No cream or sugar to mess up the wonderful taste and aroma.....Maybe a donut stick on the side.......now sit back in my easy chair with my lap top and pull up "Daves"........now thats a wonderful morning.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I put black coffee, but come to think of it I drink a lot of iced tea, usually with a slice of lemon. It was a sad day for me when the fast food restaurants quit giving out fresh lemon with their iced tea. A few give out those little pouches of lemon juice, but it isn't the same. I try to buy my iced tea where they have lemon.
The very best iced tea I have ever tasted is the Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach.

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Pam, I think you'll find many tea drinkers chose the Other category as the "tea or green tea" option did not adequately express how we drink tea.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I like flavored coffee with milk and sweetener. I also like flavored black, green, or white tea with milk and sweetener. DH makes the coffee. He likes it weak. I could stand it a little stronger.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2009 12:47 PM

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I have a cup of decaf in the AM with Stevia and a teaspoon of hazelnut international. After lunch a cup of Good Earth Original tea. And I love 16 oz Lattes with hazelnut or butter rum. Used to have them almost everyday but have cut down to only a couple a month. Always decaf.

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9a)

Raised on good, strong tea with milk and sugar; of course. Nothing better for you or to drink!

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I have coffee with my cream and sugar

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

During the winter, we fix "hot cocoa with a kick".. Swiss Miss instant cocoa with a little bit of a choc liqueur called Hot Sex in it.. great to have while sitting wrapped up in a blanket in front of the TV.

I used to work with a lady who was originally from England and her mom would send her a goodie box that included teas and "biscuits". So every afternoon, we'd take a small break and feast on a hot cup of her wonderful English tea (which I drink as my parents did- cream and sugar added!) and whatever treats we brought. That was heaven until she left our workplace, darn her LOL...we were spoiled! I believe it might have been an Earl Grey, but definitely different than what we find here in the States! It was the best!

Have never drunk coffee..can't stand the taste. My caffeine in the morning is a can of Pepsi :)

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Always iced tea 24/7. Half cup plain black coffee in the morning. Still looking for the perfect whole coffee bean...always trying different kinds. Hawaiian Kona was good.
Cup of Oolong hot tea every now and then.
My favorite tea bags are the Walmart family sized.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

My favorite hot beverage is the International Coffee brand Cafe Francis. However, neither of the two grocery stores in town have it on their shelves any longer. Both haven't stocked it in 3 months now. I'm thinking I may have accidentally prayed or wished it way after praying for ways to cut our expenses. At $3 a can, I got my wish to save money and now I'm back to plain ol' Folgers. Careful what you wish for :(

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm with crickets.... I have coffee with my cream and sugar... or my new favorite Peppermint Mocha creamer (seasonal, darn it!).

(Judi)Portland, OR

Coffee is BIG here in Portland, Oregon and the very best is Stumptown. Strong & hot with 1/2 & 1/2 and a little sugar. The aroma alone makes me happy! I tried changing to tea and sometimes that works but nothing can take the place of good coffee.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

No coffee here a cold pepsi morning noon and nite fact is all day. Family say I'am a pepsi alcoholic!!!! After 63 years it's too late late to change,Ive tried it YUC!!

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Portland, Stumptown Coffee sounds like it would really be good...like mine just black with a good medium flavor. Any mail order source to buy some?

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

occasionally, I like to have Irish Creme flavored coffee. So far, I've only found a good Irish Creme from mail order Gevalia. Harry's (which is now owned by Whole Foods) does not carry the Irish Creme anymore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.