My favorite hot beverage is

West Valley City, UT(Zone 6b)
There are a total of 479 votes:

Plain 'no frills' coffee (plain, or with cream and/or sugar?)
(222 votes, 46%)
Red dot

Fancy flavored coffee (what flavor is your favorite?)
(53 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Tea or green tea
(83 votes, 17%)
Red dot

Herbal tea (which one?)
(22 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Hot cocoa or chocolate (homemade or mix?)
(49 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Hot apple cider
(9 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Other
(21 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I don't drink hot beverages
(20 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Clay Center, KS(Zone 5b)

Fresh ground, french roast, fairly strong..(like an old Garfield bookmark I have, "I like my coffee to stand up and bark!" Later in the day perhaps a cup with vanilla creamer.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Plain black coffee, no creamer, no sugar. We have a Keurig brewer and love it. (Except for getting the grounds out of all those little cups for the compost pile!)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

general food instant-swiss white chocolate

the gas station-traverse city cherry or toffee

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I usually have at least 2 cups of coffee in the morning and the slightly sweetened tea the rest of the day Cold tea that is !!!!!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I drink half cup of coffee on weekends but I drink almond and ginger herb tea every day. This would be a good time!!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I chose "Other" because the option of "tea or green tea" doesn't begin to describe the flavour or texture of a properly made cup of masala chai (Indian style spiced milk tea). Properly made is a key concept here as the watery, insipid, overly sweet products that Starbucks and companies like Oregon Chai try to pass off as chai are nothing like the real thing.

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Coffee for me! Medium double double, half decaf.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Plain coffee but must have some kind of tasty creamer like Int'l Delight French Vanilla or Chocolate Caramel or there was one called Fudge Toffee....OMG so good! LOL!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I voted hot chocolate. But the only time I drink it is at the coffee shop with all the guys. I think it's a mix. We shake dice to see who pays, so I have to drink something.
I quit drinking coffee about 3 years ago when I discovered it was one of the causes of my high blood pressure. Also quit soda pop then.
I have a glass of milk with every meal & lots of water as my beverage.

Bernie

Sylacauga, AL(Zone 7b)

The only thing I like better than a cup of hot black coffee in the morning is a cup of hot black coffee laced with a "little" Bailey's Original Irish Cream in the evening, sitting around a campfire. Must be the Scot-Irish DNA my mother passed along to me.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Other: Blueberry Tea
I oz amaretto
1 oz Grande Marnier
Hot tea
Slice of lemon (very important)

It smells like blueberrys and taste yummy.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yummy sounding DN

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

I live in Texas now but I'm from Louisiana where ground roast dark coffee is THE drink. Most of us like the blends that include chicory. Two usual brands are Seaport and Community. "They" say the French like their coffee strong as a bull, hot as hell, black as night and sweet as love. This includes cafe au lait. Maybe this is why we drink demi-tasse instead of a big mug full. The coffee is rich, full bodied but smooth. I grew up drinking coffee as soon as I could use a cup. When you are young it is half milk. I seldom use the milk anymore at all...just that sweet, strong, hot nectar of the gods!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

DN---No wonder you're singing bunny songs to Pixie!!!!^_^

This message was edited Jan 5, 2009 9:04 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

tee hee. Canada: land of the people of typos, the cold and the dark, dancing AND refreshing beverages ^_^

Hornick, IA(Zone 4b)

I voted for a cup of coffee " black" one cup in the morning and I'm good for all day. I can get involved in a discusion down at the coffee shop and drink two more, so I can brave the cold and walk back home. LOL

San Tan Valley, AZ(Zone 9b)

I voted "plain, no frills". I drink 3 or 4 cups most mornings, usually black, but occasionally with a splash of Cask & Cream, a blend of brandy and cream. Especially when I'm warming my self by a morning campfire, my breath is a wisp of vapor in the chill morning air and there is a lake sparkling just beyond the trees.

I buy a variety of green coffee beans and roast them myself. I like Colombian Supremo, Papau New Guinea and Tanzanian Peaberry beans. Roasting to different levels brings out different flavors in each one. Can't drink Starbucks anymore...always tastes like it's burnt.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Too funny Dann_L. Starbucks has always tasted like it's burnt to me.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I agree with you ... never liked starbucks

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Me, too. I never liked Starbucks. I, too, grew up in New Orleans with real dark roast coffee. I used to drive over the top of J. Arons Coffee Co in New Orleans, second largest importer of coffee beans in the US, every day on my way to high school as a kid. You could smell the coffee roasting from the freeway. That fragrance is my favorite perfume.
I do like the Starbucks grounds for my garden though. I am glad some people like their coffee.
I think I would really like Dahlianut's Blueberry Tea, also. Can't wait for an opportunity to try it.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well there just might be a Starbucks Rebels club in the makings. I just can't believe with all the great coffeehouses in Seattle that Starbucks made it so big.

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Give me a strong hot cup of French Market. If the cupboard is bare, Cafe du Monde will do just as well. Be sure to throw a dash of Splenda in the cup.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Hear, hear, mwperry! Only I would skip the splenda. Straight for me.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Mmmm, Cafe du Monde Chicory coffee in the dripper with condense milk on the bottom. That's how I grew up as a teenager drinking coffee, like the French (cafe au lait). Sometime we dip a little baguette in it too.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Other: I prefer hot beverages especially espresso shots and a variety of strongly brewed teas, caffeinated or herbal.
And I, too am quite happy that so many folks here (near Seattle) love their S'bux. I love hauling away the grounds for my garden...

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

Freshly ground black coffee, no sugar, no cream. For a change of taste, freshly ground hazelnut coffee.

Eugene, OR

Glad I'm not the only who thinks Starbucks taste burnt.

Had to lose the caffeine, didn't really enjoy decaf....so now I'm a tea person. Favorite so far ...Stash Mango/Passion Fruit, like Lemon Blossom also.

I've had French coffee...one sip is good for a three day buzz.

You are right Sally. The first time I took a friend of mine to have an ice coffee, made with chicory coffee and condense milk, she was "wired" for hours.

Eugene, OR

I worked in French Guiana from time to time. The local brew kept people awake through many an all nighter.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Next time you go to a Vietnamese restaurant, order Vietnamese coffee. The French occupied Vietnam and taught them to make a fine cup of coffee, very similar to a Creole one -- with condensed milk, a major treat!

Baton Rouge, LA

I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste of it.... and from what I've heard, we've got the best coffee to offer down here in Louisiana, so it's not from a lack of good choices. Infrequently, I'm in the mood for a good cup of tea or hot cocoa. But, anytime you offer me a hot cup of apple cider, my answer will be yes.

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I like Ghiradelli hot cocoa with Capt. Morgan's Parrot Bay Coconut Rum when I get a chill^_^

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

For years, I preferred hot tea until someone told me that a cup of hot coffee each morning kept him regular. It sounded strange, but I tried it & I found that it worked for me too! I can't stand it black, so I must have cream & sweetner. Now I enjoy having the coffee grounds to put on my garden. I'm sensitive to caffeine, so I stop at one cup. I prefer my tea iced & later in the day; though I find hot tea soothes an upset stomach. Hot cocoa & flavored coffee are occasional treats! I've never acquired a taste for hot cider.

paja, i'm Vietnamese... LOL! That's why I love the coffee so much. I don't usually drink coffee like that at home. Only when we go out and eat Vietnamese or when we visited Vietnam. Oh, the cofee is the best!

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

Dark roast, half and half, sugar. Mmmmmmm. I LOVE the Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee from NOLA. And Vietnamese pressed coffee, yum yum. Sadly, I can only have one cup per day because otherwise I'll just jitter right out of my socks.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Can't have cafe' au lait from Cafe du Monde without beignets!

You're making me hungry! LOL!

Santee, CA(Zone 9a)

I chose "Other".... I order a triple companna (3 shots of espresso) then have them add caramel sauce and 1 pump raspberry syrup.... also, I NEED to have my Latte (Caramel) but I get that one over ice. So my only hot beverage would be the espresso from Starbucks.

~melissa :o)

uh oh, now I'm gonna need to stop at my Starbucks today....hee hee hee

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

One of the Starbucks brands of coffee in the am., stirred not shaken, freshly ground at home (of course ). Picked by natives of an un-industrialized nation, atop rolling hills overlooking a serene picturesque valley.
- Then a cup of green tea before bedtime, for its antioxidant properties. ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.