My favorite hot beverage is

There are a total of 479 votes:

Plain 'no frills' coffee (plain, or with cream and/or sugar?)
(222 votes, 46%)
Red dot

Fancy flavored coffee (what flavor is your favorite?)
(53 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Tea or green tea
(83 votes, 17%)
Red dot

Herbal tea (which one?)
(22 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Hot cocoa or chocolate (homemade or mix?)
(49 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Hot apple cider
(9 votes, 1%)
Red dot

Other
(21 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I don't drink hot beverages
(20 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Bet these percentages aren't maintained for long . . . ;-)

Thumbnail by Resin
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I voted for plain coffee... just cream in it... a must for waking up... once in a while I will get a nice cup of black or green tea... in the afternoon

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

'morning onewish ^_^
I like my coffee w/cream also--but with a little spice...nutmeg, cinnamon, etc

Morning "Its coffee time" :-)

Kannapolis, NC

Has to be good old plain, unflavored coffee!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

"Favorite" has to be herbal tea ~ even tho I do coffee in the am for a caffiene get up and go rush...

I gave up coffee a few years ago - or rather, it gave me up - just didn't appeal to me anymore all of a sudden. I now happily drink my pot of hot tea in the morning, and ice tea during the day. Often a cup of green tea in the late afternoon.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm a tea totaler....love my spiced chia

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

To tell the truth, I never much thought about hot beverages. We mostly drink cold stuff around here. Who ever heard of drinking hot beer or hot water, etc.? About the only thing that we drink is hot coffee. Jim drinks his plain, 1 mug a day each morning and I do the same except I put a cube of sugar in mine.

Ann

Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

I can't live without my coffee, and I drink it black. Yum!

Coast range of, OR(Zone 8b)

Hot cocoa once in a while. Don't drink coffee - never have. I've thought about starting - maybe I'd feel more like a "grown-up", but I'm over 40 now so does it really matter????

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I have some jasmine tea that tastes like flowers. Yummm.... Just opening the can and sniffing makes me happy. :-)

I love the smell of coffee, but have never liked the taste.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Regular, coffee - flavored coffee for me. A little sugar and milk.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Tea hands down, I like Twining's Lady Grey (decaf) the best.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

My favorite is latte, just milk, no sugar, no flavorings or whipped cream. I chose the 2nd option, Fancy flavored coffee only because I don't think latte qualifies as just plain coffee. This is my favorite, but I only have it occasionally. My morning 'must have' to function is just plain coffee, usually black although I will take it with cream every now and then for a change of pace or if it is substandard coffee.

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

Used to drink 7 - yes, seven - POTS of coffee a day. Now I have one mug in the morning with creamer and artificial sweetener. In the winter, though, I enjoy a cup of tea with honey and lemon if the mood strikes.

Rosemont, ON(Zone 4a)

I vote for espresso - it's got more coffee flavor and less caffeine than regular, watery coffee - drunk with no milk or sugar, but with chocolate biscotti on the side.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i like mine with a lot of milk and no sugar. every once kin a while i will have french vanilla coffee and if they have it in the store i use french vanilla milk.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Espresso. One 14 ounce cup, straight up daily, by 7 am at the latest.
Heavy cream, a splash of maple syrup and vanilla extract make it a rare treat.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

I have one big cup of tea each morning. I must have 12 different flavors of tea in my desk drawer. I used to work in a coffee shop and tried it many different ways but could never get used to the super bitterness of the coffee. I like the smell of freshly brewed coffee but stale coffee and coffee breath are really gross.

(Zone 1)

I had to vote "other" because I like them all!

For many years I drank hot coffee with just sugar, couldn't imagine putting milk or cream in it! Then they came out with the flavored creamers and I was hooked! I love anything vanilla flavored so I now have my coffee with the vanilla, vanilla caramel or vanilla cinnamon creamers.
I also love hot tea (cream and sugar a must!), chai tea latte, hot chocolate/cocoa (whether from a packet or home-made!) and hot apple cider as well. Must admit that I drink hot tea most often though.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I mostly drink tea, have probably 15 kinds of tea, favorite is Constant Comment, but I do drink various flavored green teas.

Donna

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Morning - strong, black coffee. We drink half-caf, freshly ground and brewed.
Afternoon and/or evening - mocha flavored coffee drink.
DH used to use milk in his coffee, but stopped when he moved to the U.S. and they kept giving him "warm-ups." He said it was too difficult to keep the ratio right. :-)

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Maple and vanilla--YUMMMMM! I'm gonna have to try that one!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I vote for sugar in my coffee.
I used to take cream & sugar (or milk & sugar), but the warm/hot cream upset my tum-tum, so I cut it out, and now I'm thinking of lessening/cutting out sugar too............ ah well - have to 1 vice LOL

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

Coffee, half-and-half and 2 little spoons of cane sugar. Or I won't get up! ( Pouty face)

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I am absolutely addicted to Coffee-Mate's Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer. Unfortunately, they only put it out over the holiday season. Starbucks French Roast, a splash of Peppermint creamer and one packet of Splenda..yummy.

Beyond that, I think my favorite is a steaming cup of cafe au lait while sitting outside at the Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. But half of that enjoyment comes from the atmosphere!

This message was edited Jan 5, 2009 9:40 PM

(Zone 1)

Mmmm ... Peppermint Mocha - gotta look for that one next year!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Coffee -- black. Feels good going down and now they have decided it is good for you ! Yippee!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I enjoy brewed Foldgers French Vanilla or Cinnamon Swirl with Equal and FF creamer. It is as good as Four Bucks serves.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Black coffee with Splenda - one, occasionally two cups each day. Decaf - for medical reasons. I love the taste of honey in it, but gave that up because of the calories.

DH and I dislike flavored coffees, but I love cappuccino with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top! Cafe Mocha is an occasional treat at Starbucks - but there are those calories again!

Santa Fe, NM

Plain coffee made from good beans, strong, with half and half or whole milk. Recently developed a taste for cinnamon on top. I also like tea, though, almost as much. I like sugar in tea but not in coffee.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey CJ! I was a cafe mocha or cappuccino too! DH was black coffee; but now he drinks the French Van or Cinn Swirl too.
Would love to see you for a cup again someday!!

This message was edited Jan 5, 2009 11:46 AM

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

WASSAIL!

Take an orange and stud it with cloves, then, let it swim with a cinnamon stick in slightly simmering apple cider for awhile - until well flavored. You can also add a cinnamon stick to the mug of cider as you imbibe.

Otherwise, it's dark roast coffee, no cream, no sugar.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, come on down, Sheila! Hope to see you this year! Your back is all better, right?

PS. We used to use Gevalia medium roast beans, which we ground, but this year discovered Dunkin' Donuts coffee and made the switch.

It's strange how I do NOT like milk or cream in my coffee, but I do love coffee ice cream and cappuccino. Go figure...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

CJ you have dmail...

Eunice, MO(Zone 5b)

I take my caffeine cold. Everyone says that I have a drinking problem I drink way too much Coke.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Don't do hot drinks.... to me, a drink has to be cold and refreshing. I do love the smell of coffee though and make it for my DH.
I too have a drinking problem but I'm hooked on caffeine free diet Pepsi.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Nothing tastes better than that first cup of coffee in the morning. Especially when my DH makes it for me. One Equal and a bit of Vanilla flavored creamer. Will sometimes have a second cup.

Late in the day it's hot tea or cocoa. But I'd give them up if I had to choose between them and that first cup of coffee.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.