CLOSED: Fall Piggy Swap # 10

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I like putting the Love in a Puff together with any other vine... it doesn't have showy flowers, but both the foliage and the cute seed pods add interest to a fence or a trellis.

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

TY!

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

I agree - the foliage looks pretty. I have plenty of vine room.

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

okay, critter, your seed-pimping worked: I'll oink (you knew I would) for your Heliopsis or Helianthus or Helifiknow Not Chocolate Daisies.

LOL
Oinky oink snorty snort snort.
Lorie

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Lorie - you're a pretty funny piggy! LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I would love to try some of the not Chocolate daisies - if I haven't already asked for them.... ^_^ and the Love in a puff vine as well - unless I should be concerned about it being invasive here in 7b. Does anyone know?? I can't find it in the plant files.....
guess I am not as good at those latin names!!

Genna

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Genna - the link is up a couple listed by tcs.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Genna, I'd say if morning glories are a problem for you (domestic ones, not that horrible wild weed one), then you might need to be careful with Love in a Puff also. I have a few spring seedlings where I had a vine the previous year, but it's not problematic in any way for me. Of course, I also pick as many mature pods as I can find, because I think the seeds are so charming!

Chele, sounds like Terese has you covered on the Love in a Puff -- unless you want a second pack?

LeBug, I went ahead and put you down for the Helianthus, because I think you'd like it. :-)

I think I'm caught up now.

Oh, heck, I know somebody asked me for the purple lupine seeds (even though they're a year old), but it looks like I missed making on note of it when I edited, and now I can't find it -- I think it was a Dmail request. Help!

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks Jill - I don't need two packs! :-) Even though I am a piggy...Oink!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Well, you mentioned having a lot of fence or something for vines, so I figured I'd ask. Each pod produces 4 seeds, so even if you just get a couple the first year, you'll have plenty the next. The vines really do get 10 feet or more in a single season.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Piggies!!!!!!!!!! I'm home!!!!!!!!!! For the moment anyways. Two finals down today and only one more day to go then I soooooooooo free. I can't wait.

I don't know what ya pigging on but if it good , I want some too. heck I was crammign between classes and the whole ag department party spilel dover into my study exam room. 40 people eatign and talkign up a storm while i sat there tryign to study and sippign ona cup of 7 hour cold coffee. LOL

We got storms comign in aorudn midnight tonight and bad thundrstorms tommorrow and about 4" of rain, so if I don't get on tommorrow , don't panic, can't be on puter durign storms.

LeBug.. I do got broccoli too. foudn it! : )

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

No storms here but it's been raining and misty all day and the temps dropped. Ice on the car windows when I went to pick up DGD from school. Just let the dogs into the garage and they are covered in ice.

I HATE this weather.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Does anybody know anything about Nipple Fruit 'Solanum mammosum' I have one in the garage that has had seed pods on it now for 4 months. How long do they take to ripen?

All this cold and ice I also have 2 brugs in the garage that are ready to bloom, ain't that sumpin'.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I woudl crack one open, they probably are ripe and are startign to rot or germinate in the pod maybe

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

No clue... but if somebody wants seeds of Solanum mammosum, I've got a packet Buttoneer gave me last winter that I was preparing to put into the swap basket...

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks Star and Critter :)

Critter, you can do a search on your dmails for purple lupine just like we do searches on the threads, just hit Ctrl & F put the name in :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, I figured those searches were down along with the forum search feature... I'll check...

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Oinking in late, but if anyone still has Love in a Puff vine, I'd like to try it.
Thanks fellow oinkers. Got started organizing my seeds yesterday. Been down with something icky all day, fever, drowsiness, headache. I sure wish my kids would quit bringing those little hitchhiking germs home.
Will check in tomorrow.
WIB,
SW

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

SW,
Hope you are feeling better. I'm up trying to get my seeds all ready too. Having trouble with Dusty Milller now. I don't know its seed from, well you get the idea.

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lynn.... Is this what you are looking for under Senecio? http://theseedsite.co.uk/db19a.html

Edit to say:
I know it's not the exact plant, but it might be close enough for you to possibly find what you are looking for.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2008 10:21 AM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

SingingWolf, I've got you covered on Love in a Puff vine. :-)

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Head's up to all who requested the blue veronica seeds from me. I just found the original tag (from 4 years ago....can we say I need to do a thorough cleaning in the potting area?) and I had the cultivar wrong. I know most people don't care as long as it's pretty and looks good in their garden, but it's always nice to know the correct name for trading purposes. Anyway, I told you all it was Royal Blue and as it turns out it's actually Georgia Blue. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/76872/

I will also copy what I just wrote about it in plantfiles:

This is a pretty plant with a very vivid blue color. Although it's considered a creeper or a ground cover I find that it has a more upright habit in my zone and barely creeps at all.

And thus concludes my public service for the day. LOL

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL! Lala... I've just done the same thing!

To those that have gotten my "twining snapdragon", I just found the packet. It is really called Asarina Barclayana Angels Trumpet and looks like this http://www.backyardgardener.com/seeds/product08/6518.html. This is the exact picture on my packet and those are the directions. I will change the link on my list also. Sorry and Thanks! Andrea

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Critterologist:
I'm feeling well enough to lay here and sort seed today, so I'll work on that in between naps.
WIB,
SW

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Lala_Jane, do you think that your Georgia Blue Veronica would survive in my zone. It said it was only hardy to zone 8, and I'm zone 9. I had a dream of making a part of my garden into a blue streak, kinda like a flower stream. Nothing else grows there, and it'd be sheltered and shaded.
Thanks!
WIB,
SW

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Gypsy,

I had a bit of trouble with your link and wasn't able to find a pic of your Asarina Barclayana. Couldn't find it in Plantfiles either.

Tonya

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I still want it.

Robynznest, were you able to see a pic of Andreas plant?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Lala_Jane - I had not noticed those on your list - probably because I saw it was a ground cover, but I would love to try it if you have any seeds left. I love the fact that it is an evergreen - and I am thinking I can plant it in my big circle bed out front and it can grow under and around everything else and at least there would be something in there in the winter.

Does anyone know if that is a good or bad idea??? It is full sun, but has some iris, some daylilies, some salvia, 4:00's, etc in it. ..... it looks TOTALLY dead this time of year..... some color would sure be nice, but I don't want to kill off my other plants.........

Suggestions?? You can dmail if you prefer to keep this thread on topic.....
Thanks
Genna

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

SW I've never even considered a plant that's not hardy because of a warmer climate. LOL I'm so used to losing plants because of these cold old Ohio winters that I forget you guys have issues too.

My guess is that it would do OK for you. It's very low maintenance and the bed that I have it planted in here gets totally neglected. I would probably go ahead and try it....nothing ventured nothing gained and the seed is free so why not? If it's important to know ahead of time I would ask some one on your local forum and get their input. Maybe some one else your way has grown it.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Genna you have mail. :-)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

nbgard, no I didn't get any pic on that link, I did find this but don't know if it's the same as hers http://www.magicgardenplants.com/html/flvines.html

Genna my purple veronica that is in a raised bed is still kind of green right now but it will soon go away. and then come back up in the spring. If you're looking for something that will stay out all winter it won't in your area unless you have a very, very mild winter. But it will come back in the spring. I think it would look good where you want to put it.

Thanks Robynz, I had just googled and found that same site, thanks.

Andrea, I would still like those asarina seeds, too.

Thanks!

Tonya

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Would anyone be interested in more milkweeds if I put them up I have more of the silky gold, pink and bloodflower and a couple of orange. I guess this is the last day to put them up :) I have three more packs of the lavender petunias too.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Lea, I think I could use some milkweeds for the wildflower field. Good grief, every time I think I've pigged out as much as I can! It also occurred to me that milkweeds are drought tolerant; the last couple of years have got me on the lookout for tough plants.

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

LeBug - can I please have the pink? I thought I remembered seeing them, but then didn't see them. Anyway - I want them! Thanks!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm done. My shoe box is all taped up, labeled and ready to go to the PO... hopefully tomorrow.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I'll go ahead and put them up Neal but you can tell me on here which ones you want, are you going to pitch them or plant them? I can send enough to pitch cause I don't think too many people want them in this swap or they already have them.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

chele, I just cleaned some more lol I'll put you down for some :)

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Lea are all those milkweeds annuals? I'm afraid I'm pretty milkweed ignorant having only grown the scarlet for the first time this year. I've already squealed for someone's gold and orange but I may want to try the pink and bloodflower.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.