CLOSED: Fall Piggy Swap #9

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/927636/

There are still a couple of regular spots open in the swap, so please post if you're interested in joining us at the "trough."

A special welcome to any whose gardens fell victim to storm, flood, or fire... please join us by posting in this thread and by posting a "wish list" over on the lists thread. We have lots of seeds we would share with our storm victim gardens. All you need to do is ask for anything you see.

Seed Swap Lists can be found here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/923393/

Swap Guidelines can be found here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/922609/

With holding this swap between two major holidays, alot of folks be will be traveling and doing things to get ready for the holidays and sending their seeds in early.

To save from havign to go all the way back to the first post, when you get ready to send your seeds in, here is what to do. If you have questions, please ask or dmail me.

THINGS TO PACK UP FOR THE SWAP:
1. Your seeds. added: Since I need to send back as many packs as people send in, I need some help counting. LOL! On the baggies that are tagged for certain people, I would like the number of packs you've enclosed for that person written on the slip of paper with their name so that I don't have to go rooting through to count them.

2. Return address label (or piece of paper I can tape) to use on bubble mailer you send to me. I have plenty of labels, just make sure I have your mailing address.

3. Postage to return your mailer to you. If you have 100 packs, use postage for 13 oz. and consider sending me a little box instead of an envie.) added: If you want extra packs back, really, really consider that box! And pay attention to the postage amount you send me as it will cost more than what you sent in. Do not be stingy on this postage. I have plenty of small boxes, for those that will need their seeds going back in one

4. A sheet of paper with your:
1. name,
2. address,
3. email,
4. DG name,
5. Number of seed packs sent, and number of seed packs wanted back
6. Description of your garden, and yourself as a gardener and grower from seed (new, middle, experienced.)

7. 10 things you want (no limit for IKE / GUSTAV folks, though can't guarantee how many will be sent back),

8. 10 things you don't want, and

9. a list of the seeds you are sending of all the loose packs that are not earmarked for another player.

5. Addendum: Due to the sheer volume, these envelopes or boxes will need to be sent back to you with delivery confirmations. Also, since postage & confirmation costs have gone up, and since I may also need a few extra bucks for more postage either for storm survivors or for other participants who may unwittingly not have sent in enough; or for larger envies or boxes than folks send, let's each send in $1.50 in addition to return postage. I will return any extra postage that isn't needed in each person's box or envie.

SPECIAL NOTE: Any of those participants listed on the Storm Victims List.. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY POSTAGE. No postage is needed from you. We hope you enjoy our gift to you and may you once again have a nice garden.

Thumbnail by starlight1153
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Star ... I believe there are 1 or 2 storm survivors have not posted yet. Can you contact them to see what they may want? Especially with some already sending in their seeds to you. I'd certainly hate for them to miss out on all the goodies.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

If I rememeber right, Wanna2 be has somethign going on right now and is not able to post. A box for her is being made form extras and such and is goign to be sent to her. I think Heavenscent ask asked for some things too and a box is being prepared for her too.

Our storm people, can't get to computers like we can and some are busy with on going work to replace homes. I will not forget them for sure. They wil have nice surprises to start the year out with and so will a couple of organizations in the heart of the disaster areas. : )

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Caren (Heavenscent) requested a few from my list so I know she was around at least in the beginning. I've also sent quite a few extras so hopefully there'll be something that Wanna2 can use among them.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

yes, heavinscent has a good sized baggie coming from me too.

OH it was AJinTexas that i have not seen any posts from.
unless she doesnt want any of my seeds... **sniff** LOL.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Starlight, my seeds went out to you on Monday. You should have them I would think by Sat. by pony express!

Maxine

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Maxine.. your seed have already arrived. : ) Got yours and Mamawk today. Hope she doing ok.

I have AjnTexas's addy already where he asked to have seed sent too. Good on him, some just asked fo extras of anything.

I still need help in tryig to get Wanna2bees addy, not sure which forums it was she hangs out on anymore. If anybody knows would appreciate it.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Star Want2be has been posting on the Cottage Forum. In fact the top thread over there right now is hers.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey, I've got a couple of packets that I just put on the swap list that came *from* Heavenscent... (Day Jasmine & Daturas, I think)... Should I earmark them for her? (Sorry, Pyro, but I think she's got dibs on the Day Jasmine if she wants it.)

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks Star on the date reminder - I was starting to panic with everyone sending their seeds in. I don't want to be done oinking! LOL! Oinks!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I've been piggy snooping around the seed lists again and noticed that nbgard has an 'unknown aster' that looks like Michaelmas Daisy - Symphyotrichum novi-belgii 'Odin Viking'.

Of course I have requested it from her. I have one kind of like her's but more pink ... sorry I didn't save any seeds from it, but thought I might show a picture of what you can do with these perinneal asters. I planted it next to my sedums.
toofew

Thumbnail by toofewanimals
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks La-La, just sent her a dmail for her addy. if it ain't our thread in cottage garden poppign up on my watch threads. Then I usualyl don't see what happenign there.

Sorry Critter. I am confused. You have two seeds on your haves list for heavenscent ?

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

oh my you alll are chatty;) I made the leap and have been keeping up even if I don't post:)

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Hi all Im still following along. I just can't keep up with the seed of this thread.
I have done just about all the pigging out Im going to do with the see lists already up. Thank you all so much! I know I was Tunik's biggest piggy since you all were wondering lol!
Critter, I have plenty of the Cestrum and Datura so who ever wanted them please feel free to give to them.
I was wondering if Karen (Bluespiral) was still with us? I have some seeds tagged for her...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Three of the packets on my "haves" list are trade seeds I originally received from Heavenscent... it occurred to me just now that she might want them back if they were collected from her pre-storm garden.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, Heavenscent, I'll pass those packets along -- thanks for LMK!

I haven't heard from Blue for a while... hope she is well.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I got a Dmail from BSpiral a while back... I think she has some 'things' going on ... sometimes life gets in the way.
She put in her wants list from me early on.

She did say she was working on a list .....

I should drop her a note and see how she is doing.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

I may be way off base, but it seems like Blue posted a few threads back that she had decided not to get in the swap (some one did and it runs in my mind that it may have been her.) Maybe one of you gals who has the thread searching down to a science can see if I'm dreaming on this one.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Pretty sure that was MamawK (near the end of thread #7), not Bluespiral.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Blue Spiral did post. She has some thinsg goin gon her end nd she can't get seed and stuff togethr right now.

I have some seed for her and gonan send her stuff anyways and maybe it brighten her world a little bit.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

If you've got a wish list from her, please let us know! I'll tell her she's got space on my light shelves this winter if she wants it, too... I can start a couple flats of goodies for her. :-)

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Geeze I should have just waited on you gals. I've been going through the threads the old fashion way looking for her post. LOL.

Take a few from my bag for her too Star.
;-)

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I don't have a wish list for her as things cam eup before she was able to get to it. I just gonna send her bunches of surprises and a box fileld with luv from us.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK! I know she's got more shade than sun, some issues with deer, and a love for scented blooms. You probably know that too! :-)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I dont think she [BS] needs a lot of seeds...

i was just browsing some of our correspondences and she mentioned 'being surrounded by a moat of seeds'
and she did say she has part shade and clay.

I found her Email and dropped her a lil note.

Jill -- is she out near you?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

ya'll are hard to keep up with !!!^_^ but full of information...LOL I have to get back to the last thread and try to read all those seed sewing threads.....

Have to be able to do something with all these seeds headed this way!! ^_^

Genna

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Genna -- that is what cold winter days/nights are for... reading and researching.
well, unless you have lil ones running around to take care of... I"m so past that point -- i've got a bit of free time.
OK -- A lot of free time.... .errrrr, too much free time....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes she is! And we've gotten together a couple of times... she is a beautiful, gracious lady... just as you'd expect from her posts! Her DH is a lovely, sweet man, fairly quiet, and they just glow together. :-)

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Just found this and wanted to see if it works......[url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-innocent-smileys.php][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animals/animal0026.gif[/img][/url] Oink!!!

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

:-( Doesn't work

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

chele ... you do not need the url... just start at the http

ROLFMAO!!! that is Cuuuuuuuuuute

but you would have to upload it... hang on....

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm not sure if Dave's allows lil emicons [sp?] in posts....
but the laughing piggy is too cute.
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animals/animal0026.gif

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Aaahhh, well thanks for trying to help Terese! I thought he was pretty cute too and wanted to share with everyone. Oink!

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Hee! Too cute!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I checked with Admin, and the img tag / animation is turned off on Dave's

but that lil piggy was too cute.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

got a note from Bluesprial ... she is hoping to get her list up before the deadline.
she did say she has some envies ready, plus seeds cleaned - ready to be baggied up.

so -- maybe she'll pop in next week or so.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Couldn't get here tonight by using the hyperlink at the end of thread #8. Felt proud of myself for figuring out how to find the rest of my piggy friends anyway.
La_La, I had to LOL upon reading your post about using the pringle cans to store your seeds in the refrigerator. When I think of all the things that my kids have experimented with in the fridge or freezer. I think they'll just have to get over themselves. I once found and rescued a kitten they put in the freezer, to be fair they were toddlers at the time. Kitten was fine after taking a nap on the heating pad set on low. The final kicker was that your seeds were more important than the food! I'll have to put a skull and crossbones on the empty cans or they'll try to eat them! Teenaged boys!
GTG
WIB
SW

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I just found some seeds on my wallflowers. They are evergreen and very fragrant. Colors are red and yellow and orange. (Couldn't tell what was what now). I will post to list tomorrow.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Shoot my fridge so full of seeds that I only have one slef for food. when my son was here told him if it not on the top shelf dont try eatign it. Got bags of soil chilling seeds in them. definately not dinner food. : )

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Lynn someone had wallflowers on their 'wish list', Siberian Wallflowers, are they all Siberian? I had about five seeds but didn't know if they were all Siberian, I just planted some this year, I hope they bloom I just want to see what they look like lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.