CLOSED: Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap #4

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LaLa_ -- i also guess it depends on the seed... i'm trying to pimp ... just not working for some seeds.... no worries.. Star will get them anyways. LOL.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm adding Miss Willmott's Ghost, Eryngium giganteum to my have list. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/86921/ I love this plant but I don't suggest you lean into while weeding.

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

What is this about pimping seeds? I am off for a day cleaning and sorting and packaging more seeds, and I am missing all the fun!

By the way, I have listed a few more things on my list, too. I have some seeds that are a year or two old, but anyone that is looking for them, or wants to give them a try, I will certainly put them down for you. I am STILL preparing seeds, so there may be more to come...

I bought new salvias this year, so I will certainly save all seeds for the swap next year, for all you salvia lovers like me

Off to see if Fairy has put up her list yet...the mystery continues...

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Lynn,
If you get enough seed from your salvia "Black and Blue", I would love to try it, too...that is one that I do not have yet, either. Gotta love those salvias!

Lynn, if you don't, it is ok. just let me know either way when you know...I will dmail you also. Thanks.

Off to check the lists...one..more..time.......
RatherB

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm working on my list-almost done;)

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

RatherB - what is your "jewel of opal" ?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LeBug, I'll put a pack of catnip in your bag. My cat loved this one, and it volunteers all over the garden (because i'm not good about deadheading LOL). I got a lot of seed last year, so I didn't bother trying to get new (instead, tried to do some deadheading).

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh, now that's a cool plant!
maozamom, may I request some Miss Willmott's Ghost?

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

RatherB, Please add Erysimum citrona Orange, Hibiscus syriacus, Rose of Sharon "Blue Bird" & Ipomoea “Sunrise Serenade” for me. Thanks!
~chele

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Oh Critter - can I have some catnip too?! My 4 yo is slightly allergic to cats so we will never have one but she loves them. We have a neighborhood cat who comes to visit once in awhile - maybe this would welcome more visits to her. :-)

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh great Critter and I'm sure seeds from last year will be fine :) Thank you, My kitties thank you too lol I'm not that great with deadheading either, we'll see how my garden are without it this year I was too busy putting plants in lol

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Chele, I'll be glad to add some for you.. I'm about to hop my bus home, so I'll check in this evening and try to catch any other additions before I edit my "lists" post.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much Lynn I really appreciate that.

Robynznest,
I have a beautiful Black & Blue that I purchased at a nursery this summer. If I can find some seeds, I will save them for you. I got a bunch today, but the seeds inside are not black, so I think I was too early. Darn. I did grow one from a cutting, and I have some cuttings that are rooting. I will send you cuttings if you would like them.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Mygypsyrose- I've added a pack to your stash

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I started at the beginning of this thread and have read for what seems like forever LOL and looked at lots of plants I didn't know what they were ....then realized that before I continue to spend HOURS drooling over plants, I needed to find out if there were any slots left. I am a newbie to DG and seeds - and just ordered some seeds off the Summerhill Coop and am waiting on them to arrive now. They should ship today or tomorrow so I should have them in time to share part of them in this swap.

If there are still slots open, can you tell me how many seeds are usually placed in a packet?? In other words, since I ordered seeds from Summerhill - I know some had 5 and some had 50 in a package..... those that have more I should be able to share if I knew how many to put in a packet.

Sorry if I am too late, I will just watch for this next fall..... if am not too late, not sure how I will ever get caught up on three other threads, but I will try. Thanks!
Genna

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Genna! I know the slots were getting close to full, but I'll wait until one of the official organizers comes along to let you know for sure.

So I see everyone talking about Lynn's purple petunias and get all excited and rush over to the list thread. I don't see Lynn's list, but I sure want a few of her purple pet seeds.

:-P

LOL.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL LaLa.

just too addicting, isn't it?

Thank You Maozamom :-)

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Very addicting...

Can't stay away from the lists...........they draw me back, over and over and over again............
Someone please help me.........Gen2026, this is what this will do to you once you come in! LOL

Tuinkabouter, I found a few more, if I may be allowed.

Malve sylvestris: species, ‘magic hollyhock’ and ‘zebrina’
Lupinus elegans 'Pink Fairy'
Perilla frutescens
Rhodochiton atrosanguineus
Salvia viridis (is this one a purple?)
Digitalis x mertonensis 'Summer King'

Helppppp meeee.......

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

too funny RatherB.

I was like that last year too... .this year i'm giving more than receiving... but it's always fun to peek at the new seed lists.

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

_Chele:
Got all of your requests down...anything more, let me know...

I don't know much about "Jewel of Opal". I have it in my seed stash from a previous trade. I will have to look it up...

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Chelle and Ratherb, I bet the seeds are Jewel of Opar. I have a link on my have list, because I have some of the seeds also. I like the plant, it has tiny blooms on very thin long stems that give it a very airy look.

Tonya

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

I can't seem to find it anywhere...anyone else familiar with that name? That is all that was on the seed trade packet...not sure where it is from.. Jewel of Opal.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/777/

plant files.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Gen... Come on and join in the fun. : ) Hope yua been practicing how to oink while ya been doign all that reading. LOL Will send ya dmail in a minute. : )

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Oops! Thank you Robynznest. It is Jewel of Opar. A little seed was in the way of the name...It is still up for grabs, if anyone needs that one.

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Thought I would pimp a plant of mine own that is a favorite.

It is Jupiter's Beard or otherwise known as centranthus ruber. It has pink flowers constantly from June until past frost (still blooming here in PA.) The butterflies just loved it! I had planted it with verbena bonariensis, which they also love too. (have that one too!) On more than one occaision, there were butterflies everywhere! I wish I had taken a photo! I have heard from someone that they thought centranthus was invasive, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I do deadhead it on occaision to keep it blooming and also to keep it shorter. I plan to put more of them in around the gardens next year.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

>kicking myself for already buying some seeds of the centranthus ==|:-)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

RatherB .... I'll take some to go with the verbena i'm getting.

My list is up-please put my name in all caps or something that willl catrch my eye:)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Meredith... are you kidding.... I bought Zinnias!! like, what was i thinking.
but -- i was thinking i had to get in on the last Co-Op, which is no longer the case.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Fairy -- I'll tkae some Coreopsis 'Limerock Dream' ...OINK

tcs - lol I started them in the middle of summer and the seedlings never got more than a set of leaves so hopefully they make it through winter.
FAIRY OH FAIRY LOL Just testing it out, did that get your attention? : )

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Fairy!

Could I please have Coreopsis 'Limerock Dream' too if you have more than one? Also Columbine Black Barlow and Maskflower apricot (You can grow this as an annual where it is not hardy, I assume?)

yup-barely-I am soooo exhausted, have to work outside all day at a job site to supervise my owrkers, and have my favorite woman thing visiting, so to say the least I am tired and cranky;)LOL (not really laughing though)

not hardy here kl

FAIRY :-)
May I please request
Astrantia-Sunningdale variegated
Candy Lily-LSS Dandy Candy
Gaillardia Fanfare
Thank you!

Oh man, I've had that favorite woman visiting for way too long - so I know how ya feel girl : (

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi FAIRY!

I'm sure I'll be adding some more to my want list from you but I had to write and ask for a pack of Maskflower-Apricot Bright Sparks. I have been wanting these very badly!

Thank You :)
Danita

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Fairy, may I have some coreopsis "limerock dreams" if you have any left, and also gaillardia "sundance bicolor" and "oranges &lemons"?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.