CLOSED: Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap #4

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Ha, had found one of the 3- already set aside for frausnow.

Heavenscent, Robynsnest, would you like pink/rose/peach mixed Hollyhocks- I've got plenty.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

tcs1366, I would Love to have the Double Reds. I can just picture them with the white! Thanks

mygypsyrose, I found some seeds on the Hot Lips, it appears that I picked most of them too soon because the seeds inside are light colored, but I did find some pretty dark ones. I will send them to you. Will the light ones mature off the plant? Prob not is my guess. There are still some blooms that I will watch like a hawk and save them for you.

It was so much fun to check the plants for seeds, I believe I am hooked. After trying to get the little seeds out of the pods I have a much better appreciation for all of the diligent work you guys are doing. This is definitely a hobby of love.

I have to go fix some lunch for DH and his 87 yo mom (she has lived with us for several years, and has dementia, so she can't do anything for herself- not even bathing). I just can't tear myself away from this trough!

Love to oink

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Fairy, Fairy, where art thou seeds?
There you go a-flitting, a-flitting in the breeze.
Sometimes you come down and oink,
though cloven you claim not to be
But seeds for fellow piglets,
you haven't yet down-ploinked.
All the hungry piglets, no fairy seeds in their trough,
are a-crying wee wee wee
until your seeds they see!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Goodness already to #4. If you are requesting seeds from me please Dmail I just can't keep up with this thread! Im still reading #2 lol!!

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

LOL! Perenniallyme - I am rolling on the floor!! Can't compete with that... wee wee wee

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

LOL!! I think we are all ready to pounce on Fairy's seeds!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL Choking on my coffee.

Don't worry when she gets a chance , she'll get it up. Think I was the last one to get theirs up last year. : )

Thanks Chele - guess I must be working hard at avoiding doing any work.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Lynn --
>>tcs1366, I would Love to have the Double Reds

I had 12 seeds... i've got 6 set aside for you.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Fairy .... wee wee wee ... hurry!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I remmebr last year I always felt I had to hold on to the piggy in front of me's tail or I would get lost. I did losts of times, had to stop and clean the mud outta my face before startign back up and grabbing another oinker to run with.

Cheap facial, but have decided I don't look as good in mud as I do in pink skin. ; )

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I added 4 more 'Tidal Wave Purple' Petunia packs to my list.
toofew

Starlight, better a good roll in the mud than to choke on your coffee. Think you should go back to your old ways.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

toofewanimals, Oink Oink for the Tidal Wave Purple Petunias please?

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Lynn, one is marked for you. :o)
Please D-mail me if you are interested in anything else.
thanks,
toofew

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Alright I'm pimpin...
I can't figure out why nobody's wanted these seeds
The only reason that I've figured is because they have the name foxglove in their name...
But, they are NOT like regular foxgloves at all.
The South African Foxglove, Ceratotheca triloba http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/897/
They branch out and give you 2 inch lavender flowers slowly up the stems from summer until almost frost. Here's a picture of the flowers

Thumbnail by mygypsyrose

and plant

Thumbnail by mygypsyrose
GA, GA(Zone 7b)

I already have some Ceratotheca seeds, but I'll help ya pimp by saying that they really are beautiful plants and easy to grow. Hummingbirds like it too! :)

Oh, forgot to say that they take anywhere from Full Sun to Part Shade and are very drought tolerent. The UGA trial gardens had some growing in a small area between cement sidewalks in full sun and they looked happy.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2008 8:57 PM

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes please on any and all Hollyhocks.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Robyn -- I should have one or two extra HH to toss in your trough.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Allium Purple Sensation is a seed that deserves pimping. It's a deep purple violet 4" ball that acts as a punctuation in your garden, but makes a wonderful cut flower too. Erect and pest free, it needs no attention, a truly carefree plant. Although it takes two years to bloom from seed it takes no room in your garden during that time if you plant it by late growing perennials and self-sowing annuals because the leaves die back by early June .

Of course my best pictures of this are on my old computer that in the shop right now

mao

Thumbnail by maozamom
Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

I forgot to say that surprisingly this of all the plants in my garden gets the most admiration from men. So make your DH happy and plant it for him even if you don't like it.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

moa, I'll try one if you have plenty. 2 years to bloom is really good for a bulb! Very pretty!

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Mao - I'd love to try it too.....oink oink

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh Boy, a man-trapping plant, I can use one of those! lol :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Mao -- I'll take some.

now - for more seed pimping....

wanna talk about a hardy annual... It's been COLD, below freezing a few nights. One night of frost, and it is currently snowing... and my English Marigolds are still in bloom.

even though they are an annual ... they certainly seem to be a hardy bugger.
Deer resistant too. Attracts Bees, and butterflies.
Bloomed all summer long, more quickly if dead headed.
also Drought resistant, so suitable for Xeriscaping.
Very bright and cheery Yellows and Oranges.

I've got A LOT of seeds... but 18 lil baggies made up and ready to go to a loving home.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/211/

Thumbnail by tcs1366
North West, OH(Zone 5b)

I think it's kind of fun when not everyone posts their "haves" at the same time. (To me) it's less overwhelming to not have to sift through all the lists at once which is part of the reason I've been adding mine in stages. And as an aside I also think it's MUCH easier when you add new seeds to list the new ones seperately at the bottom of your existing list and mark them as "new". That makes it sooo much easier for people to know which seeds were just added and which ones they've already looked through.

klstuart - do you have any more brain celiosa? I have a celiosa but it's not the big fat brain one that I really want.

Danita - you have me down for Kosteletzkya virginica and I don't think that's one I need (although I may have gotten caught up in the frenzy and asked, LOL).

singingwolf - I have you down for the Red Fox veronica and the Lemon Balm.

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

Danita, cheles, and tcs- I've saved them for you.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Sorry about that Lala_Jane, it was meant for the name below your's. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks moa!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

you got it Deborah ... .your lil zip-loc is gonna be full by the time we are done.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Good Pimping!
mAO, Can I have one of your beautiful Alliums?

tcs, you sold me on the English Daisies. Oink

Orrville, OH(Zone 5b)

You've got 'em Lynn

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Does anyone have Salvia guaranitica - giant blue or the Blue and black Salvia? If they do may I have some please. This is for my RWB garden, My nephew comes home this month from his second tour in Iraq and I want to surprise him with what is going in my garden for him and the extras go in his mothers garden. Get this, he is officially discharged with honorable from the Marines and early next year he goes back to Iraq and will be working for the Army.

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Robin if you don't find the Black & Blue I have some Victorian Blue which is really pretty. I winter-sowed it last year and had beautiful full blooms the first year.

Kudos to you AND your nephew!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much, I would like to try it. And thank you for my nephew, I am quite proud of him. (Even when he is a brat and calls me grandma) But I still love him.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

TCS thanks on the white hollyhocks :)

Gemini, I got your request for the red okra :)

common milkweed, monarch butterfly host plant

Thumbnail by wind
New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

I thought I read in someone's list that they had regular mandevilla seeds (not mandevilla laxa), but now I can't find them. Did I really see that? I am looking for some pink or marroon ones. I prefer those over the orange or yellow ones.

Tonya

Danita.. Thanks for helping me pimp my seeds :-)

Lynn... Thank You!!! I'm glad you were able to find seeds. It took me forever to find out how to do it. I finally came across someone that described it in a post on an old thread and then went outside and found them! Next year I plant to have a stash :-)

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Robynznest,
I have a beautiful Black & Blue that I purchased at a nursery this summer. If I can find some seeds, I will save them for you. I got a bunch today, but the seeds inside are not black, so I think I was too early. Darn. I did grow one from a cutting, and I have some cuttings that are rooting. I will send you cuttings if you would like them.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've been doing some last minute voting in the DG photo contest, and I came across a lovely photo of Celosia spicata (wheatstraw celosia)... in PURPLE! I've only ever grown pink ones ('Flamingo Flower' and 'Pink Candles'), and I would really love purple ones... does anybody have these?

(Hoping whoever contributed that photo might be on this swap, LOL.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.