Winter Landscapes in Your Garden. Please Share!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Just wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year.

Had enough lake effect snow yet ladygardener? I have!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I hear you Early, spring can't come soon enough!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Congratulations on your retirement, Buttoneer. May you live it well!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank all of you. I will sure try to live it well. Buttoneer

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I've been going thru and organizing my photos - was inspired by the photo organization thread :-) Found these two winter shots of the pond that were taken a few years ago...

Thumbnail by aspenhill
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

previous shot was a closeup of the creek entrance, this one is a general overview

Thumbnail by aspenhill
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Buttoneer, You will just love it and you will find that you are so busy that you wonder how you had time to work before. LOL Will we see you at the Greenhouse meeting on Sat?
Terri, What a beautiful scene.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Holly. It seems like it has been a while since we've had that much snow around here. I miss the winter wonderland feel of being snowed in, but I guess it is much more convenient and practical without the snow and ice LOL... terri

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll take tons of snow any day. I think if I have to have cold temps then I might as well get to enjoy the snow. But then I don't have to work out side in it. Ric takes care of most of the shoveling and other things like carrying in the wood or coal. I can go out and do just as much as I feel like and then leave the rest to him. LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful photos, Terry. I'm with Holly, just love the snow!! Last winter hardly felt like winter. Seems like all we get anymore is high winds.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Maybe we'll get a big snow this winter. Have only seen minor 10-20 flurries so far, no accumulation. Stormy, we've been getting horrendous winds that keep downing branches and uprooting trees thruout the woods - keeps my BIL and I busy with everything that comes down near the driveway and on the trails. We've got plenty of firewood LOL!

I found one more shot that was taken at the same time as the photos I posted above. This one is the creek after it leaves the pond, below the dam. The driveway to the house crosses right thru it. Creek is on left, driveway is on right. I love the sound of splashing thru the water every time I drive in/out of the property. Unfortunately, the asphalt edges keep eroding away and now there is more creek bottom than asphalt to drive across - will eventually have to re-do it with something that will hold up better.

Thumbnail by aspenhill
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

No snow at my house, I'm sorry to say but the sunrises are gorgeous.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

aspen- your property is beautiful. So are Holly's sunrises!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Oooooo Holly Nice.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Terri, That's a lovely photo. I too have lots of firewood donated from friends' downed trees. Last year and this year it's mostly been too warm to have a fire!!

Picking up all of the downed branches is quite a chore. I did it 3 times last week and my poor snowman & polar bear lights have been decapitated by the wind at least 3 times. Have to go out today and get more branches up. A BIG one just missed my car.

Lovely sunrise, Holly.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I took this a couple of days ago another nice sunrise before the heavy clouds came in.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Filled up the bird feeders yesterday, and picked up a heated bird bath and come cob corn for the squirles. It's been a real nice morning watching everyone eat.
Icy morning, Wisteria

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Another shot

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Table for one

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly,

Love that sunrise picture! The sky looks like some kind of a "Doomsday" descending to Earth....All red and ominous-looking.....like it will fall down any minute and suffocate all the trees....

I also have a bag of cob-corn. Should get myself one of those cob holders.....If I was handy--I could make it myself.....How is the corn cob held in place? Is it impaled on something? A nail?
I just throw one down on the ground sometimes. Haven't seen too many squirrels lately--must all be hibernating----until they get hungry!

Wet, cold, yukky day today. This morning when I left for work (7:30AM) there were vestiges of ice on my car windows. It had rained all night....and was still pouring.....
I DON'T like rainy winter days...because it is so cold....

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yep there is a large nail that sticks up. Both the bird and the squirrel table were gifts.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Great sunrise picture Holly! Add it to your contest folder. Love the "table for one".

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was out this morning and took a couple of shots of the ice coated trees before it all melted away. You could hear the sound of it cracking and falling. Even now there are still spots of it clinging to some of the more shadier areas.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

While I was out there I found another little spot of winter interest. LOL

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol does he know you posted that?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Not yet! LOL
I'm usually posting pictures of him filthy dirty and lugging rocks or digging holes. Just wanted you all to know he does get a little down time. LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly, Somehow I get the impression that you take very good care of that fella!

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

This fellow is keeping an eye on my bird feeder this winter. The other eye is on whom ever is looking at him. :)

Thumbnail by docgipe
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

My dog regards him and his brethren/sistren as Evil Invaders.

Some where out there is a water garden, and plants tucked under the snow. Where is spring? I am soooooo ready!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yesterday, I found that some of those Evil Invaders had dug up my new Spanish Bluebells!!!! They weren't strewn about the ground, so maybe they ate them or replanted them in an area more to their liking!

We had no ice on the trees and barely got a dusting of snow today. It surely has been cold and windy trying to take down all of those christmas decorations. Lady, your yard looks so beautiful!

Those Evil Invaders are hoarding food for the rest of the winter, nothing is safe! Hate to see what the voles are doing under all the snow! I did see some vole runs when the last batch of snow melted. My darn cat has gotten so fat & lazy over the years, he use to catch them and take care of the problem, not any more.
Thanks Storm, here is a shot of the back yard.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Lady. It looks wonderful. I confess, when cleaning out the garage on Friday, I found half a bag of vole poison. Well, those little invaders got "treats" placed in each of the new runs in my shrub beds!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lady, great pictures, I am so disappointed we didn't get but a dusting of snow. JR came Friday night with his snow gear and we never went outside. We had some winter mix but no real snow.
I planted a ton of new bulbs this fall wonder how many will come up?

Holly, I think your bulbs will be great, as long as Stormy doesn't send you her critters. LOL
Don't forget to get lots of pictures, I'm sure you will have blooms before I do.
PS, Snow is still lightly falling as I type.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Don't blame me Lady!!!LOL Holly has her own critters. I still haven't resorted to any of Hart's vintage remedies, but I promise not to try sending more to your place, Holly.

Many of the bulbs that I added this year were planted in Permatil. This week is the first time that I saw some squirell having dug into the Permatil. It was only one hole.

OT, Today's homepage on Wikipedia links to an English 19th century female serial killer who poisoned her victims with Crocus. I didn't use Permatil with the crocus. Does anyone grow the Autumn Crocus? I'd like to plant some.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.