Salted PE CAHN MISSION #1

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Senior Chief Pastrypuff with suggestion regarding Private bj: outcome of elevation in rank dependent upon outcome of chocolate cake. By their fruits shall ye rank them or something like that. Corporal Cocoa if decent cake; Commandant Chocolate if outstanding.

Lodi, United States

Cheez-Its are approved since they contain no actual dairy products.

Perhaps Private BJ could be appointed Chief Food Taster to the Queen Mother?

I hear the Queen Mother eats very well...and that hardly any one ever tries to poison her. It is sort of a cream puff appointment.

Cream puffs....pate choux....eclairs....(drool)....

Lodi, United States

CPO Moxon--I attempted to use Canadian culture to inculcate better dietary habits in the recruits (see above link)--to no avail. Perhaps it is too subtle to be effective on our multicultural force?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Mox will have to view link at home. Stuck in constitutional law class at present.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sir I've been paid off with chocolate by CPO PuffPastry so I must remain mute on dietary protocol.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kathy, it has been almost an hour, is everything OK?

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I may have to settle for the Corporal Cocoa title... since I'm not known for my culinary expertise... I'm afraid I'd fail the test to become Commandant Chocolat.

HOWEVER... Chief Food Taster to the Queen Mother might be doable... I do like to eat... and royalty does eat very well. It sure would beat all this barefoot pacing... I think I've lost 10# today on this duty the commander has appointed me to do.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I hear you CFT bj. Any thoughts on when I can stop tangoing sir? I'm getting a little clutzy and quite dizzy.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Your new title has been added to the Crazy Chicken Titles thread.
Right after the Queen Mother herself.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ninja Dahlianut - we need you to retain your ninja abilities at all times. Cease tangoing at once. Tangoing is only to be done in 15 minute intervals. At ease.

Commander Mox.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Whew... thanks... let me rub the blisters on my feet from all that pacing, then I'll wash my hands real good before starting my new duties of food tasting for the Queen Mother.

Where oh where has our good Commander Jordan gone?
Anyone hear her singing to those baby alien beings?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Consider it done sir.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Is this the norm? Is everything ok do ya think?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

The big hairy one and I have been looking, do you know that there are no rocks down here.
There is lots of water but I ain't going in there looking for her, too many hungry giant water lizards. See the hairy one is looking.

Thumbnail by wren107
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Heaven forbid we talk about plants but what's that luvly one with red flowers that the hairy one is looking over? Very prettiful.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, that is prettiful!!!

Pentas, it would be a annual most places but here can be overwintered. That one is two years old. Comes in two shades of red, several shades of pink, white, purplish, and a two tone shade of pink. Butterflies and hummers like it.

Thumbnail by wren107
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Just went on my seed list.

edit: and just came off the list. Crappola my nights are too cold for it to bloom.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 3:46 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

COMMANDER MOXON REPORTING A PENEDESENCA PIP!!!!!!!

Redouble the hatching dances! We are having a double hatching event here.

Commanders Jordan and Moxon appreciate all your enthusiasm.

Am off to view a pair of blue wheaten bantams. Will report later.

For our chicken newbies, after pip, it is often 24 hours to actual hatch. Be patient!

Moxy over.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

whew!!!! Thanks CMoxon. I been starting to think of cold incubators, chicks stuck in their eggs and others things that run amuk or go bump in a bator. Are you starting your own thread for your penedesenca mission?

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

they usually share the thread as they seem to be hatching at same time.

Lodi, United States

Penedesenca! Warmest congratulations my very BBFF!

(Sorry Cajun--I really want some Penedesenca eggs and they are hard to come by--but then again well seasoned critters are rare too--oh I hate making decisions!)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!!! Another mission. No sleep tonight.

Better stock up on the highly refined carbs - people. And the Depends. Actually, I think we have permission to leave our posts for relief. Whew!!

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, I'll just stand silently here till I'm needed!

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

making peanut butter fudge and peanut butter brownies tonight ready for mission tomorrow.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm munchin on cheez-its waiting for more pics!

Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

WOW this thread is moving fast.. yes, I warmed up the incubator (1602N thermal air Hova-Bator) the note on top said let it reach 100*, it did, took 72 hours.. So I added 10 eggs all dated for today..
I assume I added them at 8am so that would make today day one.
They are in an auto egg turner.

so far so good???

all eggs are daddied by Nemo (plymouth barred rock)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Civilian from the Northeast Forum standing by and cheering poultry folks on. Congrats on new life form to all!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

(Are there going to be 3 missions at once?!? This is gonna be way cool!!!) er ahem.. Congratulations sir on successfully readying your ship. All present all here and the baking is accounted for. I'm ready to tango at the go command.

O and Sir CFT bj and myself are presenting ourselves for fluffer duty. CFT has the regulation TWT stowed in her gear sir.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2008 6:11 PM

Lodi, United States

Ah, pixie! Welcome!

Are you perhaps a graduate of the CF School of Poultry Distribution?

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

QUICK present us with a life form to fluff. My uniform buttons are bulging from tasting all that food the Queen Mother has eaten, and I find it inconceivable that she can eat all that stuff. My pockets are bulging with the bundles of regulation TWT to comence fluffing upon arrival of life forms.

Standing ready, commander.

(but hurry, I usually fall asleep with a full tummy) I may have to pass the TWT to Ninja dahlianut to make a single mission of it.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Commander Moxon is back with much reporting to do. Stand by for information and duties....

CWBO Wren standing by, but about to fall asleep.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

First, my pipped penedesenca egg. I have partridge and wheaten penedesenca eggs. This is a partridge one. See (and envy) the nice dark brown color of the egg....

The pip is about the same as it was around 5 pm. Please continue with tango on hourly intervals for 15 minutes.

Doe, please find your pom-poms and dust them off and do some hatching cheers.

No need for TWT until post hatch. Please stand by.

Samurai Warrior Luvs - you are an angel with all that PB baking.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Rankin, IL(Zone 5a)

panick non-pipping on the illinois border.. broken egg, smelly bird.. 7 eggs to go.. now what?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

CWBO Wren - permission to rest granted. You will need your strength in the coming hours. There will be much fluffing to be done.

Secondly, Moxon has been on a bird recon mission and has some new candidates.

First, a pair of delightful Polish chickens from a fellow chicken afficionado. Name suggestions will be given due consideration.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Queen Mother Fran - I am worried that if you clean up Shelby, she may go non broody on you. Maybe someone else has ideas. I do not know what to suggest. Can you move her good eggs to a slightly removed spot and make her go brood on them over there? Like 3 feet away from where she is now or something? Then you can at least clean up the icky one...

CWBO Wren wishes to know what sex weird aliens are???

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Another pic of the new Polish chickens.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

CWBO Wren - they are one of each sex. That is why they are a "pair".

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.