Salted PE CAHN MISSION #1

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O I totally luv the funky kneepads! Sir I have requisitioned funky kneepads and will be ready sir yes sir.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Captan Jordan reporting with bells and hankie sir.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes sir I dress funny any way and usually have leaves in my hair and animal hair all over so dressing like a woodland deities would be fine. Wait a minute which woodland deities are we talking about. I hope it is the ones who ware cloths. We do not wont to shock those cute little life forms.

Lodi, United States

Excellent! I think we need a few more people to get the true effect.

Now as to the rooster/pullet trick. First it helps if your young roos are not on to it--since they have no reason to declare their gender early and thus potentially shorten their lives.

You take the young chick in your hand and flip them on their backs....if they extend both legs, they are roos, if only one....a pullet. Is that correct Harmony?

This did not work for me as the three chicks I tried it on refused, after repeated attempts, to extend any legs at all.

Lodi, United States

Wren--watch the video again and you will see the woodland deity impersonators are indeed well covered. A hula skirt worn tied around the neck and worn over the shoulders might work in a pinch.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

CIO Catscan - permission to also dress one of my goats up in woodland deity type outfit and allow her to participate in the celebratory dancing and general jolly behaviour?

Has CIO Catscan requisitioned the celebratory foods via KPO Jan and the Chief Food Taster? Permission to add zucchini bread to the menu? Chocolate chips optionally added also.

Moxon pining for her incubator while stuck in school library.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

You'll need to submit those food requisitions in triplicate, please...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Triplicate zucchini bread requisition forms being prepared at this time.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

KPO Jan humbly request permission to hand over duties to CFT as I am under the weather. However, since triplicate copies of requisition form for zucchini bread are being prepared I approve heretofore request for zucchini bread. Enjoy.
Congrats on all the new life forms and pips. I will catch up sometime.

KPO Jan signing off.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Get well soon KPO Jan! We will miss you!

Lodi, United States

Zucchini bread is permitted, despite the vegetal component, because as NPCG understands it, zucchini is of little nutritional value--unlike carrots.
Suggests Jan23 rest in a quiet room with a cool compress on her forehead and try to pretend this has all been a very strange and bad dream.

Goats have always been integral to proper folk celebrations and will be welcomed costumed or not.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

CFT BJ is still in sick bay as well. Just checking in now and then so as not to miss the mission's goals. And the food tasting.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

And in addition the chocolate chips in the zucchini bread cancel out the vegetal component.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Get well soon crewmembers.

Lodi, United States

Excellent calculations, CPO Moxon--have you considered going into engineering?

Fear that perhaps CFT BJ's dedication to her job has resulted in dyspepsia. Suggest drinking of weak herbal tisanes while reading classic British murder mysteries.

Don't we have any doctors in this operation? Comrades are falling on the battlefield!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Perhaps they need some garlic and ACV in their water?

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

PFC Doe got clean bill of health from DR except for depression! That should be under control soon!

I will start on the herbal teas and chicken soup----???? Is chicken soup allowed for chicken heads?????

Dark chocolate is best drug for depression.. Sending a big bag of chocolate your way

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cholate fondue combined with a hot butter rum toddy is my recommendation.

Hiccup!!!!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

CFT is assembling a veggie beef soup with cornbread as we speak. Temps are dropping here. The nutrition intake should get me back on task soon.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Get better soon CFT. You are sorely needed for fluffer duty.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am hoping to need fluffers this evening....

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I am sick also, I think it is the weather change, and I was out in it in drizzling rain. My moma will take care of me she will give me some homemade gloves, scarf and a hat to wear.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I hope all this illness isn't contagious by computer....I figure I should get out my germX or
something! Hoping everybody gets better really soon! Take your vitamins everybody, and don't forget to wash your hands! Kill those viruses and bacteria before they can get started!

Well, with the flu shot I got, I shouldn't get sick !

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I don't get the flu shot. I don't like the idea.

I've gotten it every year since I retired, and have only had bronchitis once since starting the flu shots! I also take the pnuemonia shots. Since I have copd, it's almost required that I get them!

Clarksburg, MO

Where is CoCommander Kelly and why havn't we gotten an update. Maybe he is still searching for a corkscrew.

Sheila

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh Sheila - too funny! We will bring one next time! LOL!

He just got home and emailed me. One hatchling and COOKIE IS GETTING UP AND WALKING ON HER OWN!!!! I am just thrilled to bits!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Re: flu shots. I think it depends on your genetics. My Dad got a flu shot on recommendation of his doc and ended up in the hospital. Apparently according to the docs in the hospital some people react to the flu shots with a bad case of the flu. I don't think I'll ever get one cuz I closely resemble my Dad with our great beauty, poise, sophistication and aptitude for rocket science, let only to mention our ninja skills. Well wasn't that a luvly little trip into fairy land to take the edge off disease ^_^

Clarksburg, MO

Oh Mox so glad to hear that Cookie is up. It is so good to see good things happen to good people (and good goats!). We had better have pics of the hatchingling after class.

Which should be NOW!

Sheila

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OK, pictures forthcoming, please prepare pom poms and dancing.

One moment while I download....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OK, chick #1 and #2 (2 hatchlings now!) appear to have combs...grumble....not sure if penedesenca hens have combs at hatch.

Chick 1 (probably the wheaten)

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Chick #2 (probably the partridge)

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

OK, thread too long for dial-uppers, 276 posts,

continued pictures of chicks and fluffing here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/916076/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.