Commanders Jordan, Josh, and Moxon have PIPS!! Updates here!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This thread is for Commander Jordan's pip from Wally and Jezebel, Commander Josh's dove pip, and Commander Moxon's Serama and unknown small egg (serama or OEG) pip.

Commander Moxon reporting a pip from an egg that she forgot to mark. Either serama or OEG. It is pipped. Baby has visible movement and some pale fluff showing. Serama egg (confirmed) has broken the internal membrane and pip expected soon.

All ground crews please report in for this special and eggciting multiple country and multiple species pipping festival!

I used a prior baby pic for the thread, to show the outcome of what happens after pips!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Commander Jordan reporting in. got p this morning to a pip. It will be a cochin, banty and standard. I call to it, but think it is resting.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

tried to get a picture of it. not a good pic. though

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Great pic! Nice clear indication of pip! Well done Commander Jordan! Sending good hatching vibes to you!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thank you very much Comander Moxon.
now, where is ground control?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ground Control appears to have been out drinking last night, and now they're sleeping it off. I swear, those guys can be so unreliable... (giggle)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I think a court martial is in order

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Possibly a bit harsh, Commander. Perhaps the pipping excitement is going to your head? I think 40 coffee-ups all around plus some grovelling and profuse apologies would cover it.

We'll court martial if they're not around by noon.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

10-4 commander. 40 coffe-ups it is. (and of coarse groveling)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

oh, it is so hard not to open the bator and help

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Remember now I am a civilian here, just an innocent bystander. My application to the program is on hold as to I am equipmentless at the moment. Once I have the proper equipment the powers to be said they would process my application.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mother Bird reporting for duty?

Coffee ups are not helping.. Requesting permission to spike coffee ups with Advil to increase mobility.

Pip acknowledged and excitement abounds, but rather slowly..

Standing by...

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

permission granted to add advil mother bird

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Acknowledged.. and appreciated
Over

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Commander Moxon reporting second pip! Serama egg pipped and holding.

Strongly advise no opening of bator. Could be 24 to 48 hour wait. Have coffee ready. Advil permitted for those of us who have been building coops lately.

Agent Tia. Lack of equipment does not diminish your ground crew responsibilities. Nice try. You are part of the team and you have to do coffee ups just like everybody else (tea ups are also allowed, or sweet tea ups). And we expect you to be in cheerleader form with your pom poms ready for hatching moments.

Mother Bird - how are your life form encapsulation modules?

Over

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Yay - more pips! Can't wait to hear about progress.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Congradulations Commander Moxon.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Sergeant Lazy. That is not a good name for this process. We can't have lazy ground crews. Nope, just will not do!!! LOL!

Roger that Commander Moxon, ....................Yea team...................GO team.................

Clarksburg, MO

Sergeant Williams reporting from Panther Creek Outpost. Thank heaven that I reported before noon. Can't handle the court marshall process.

Congrats to all on your pips.

Doing sweet tea ups for my late reporting of duties. I thought you would understand since I was up til 2 a.m. on night watch.

Williams..................over

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Sergant Williams is released from tea ups.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mother Bird Reporting...

Feeling much better!

Gimme a ZZZZZZZ
Gimme a IIIIIIIII
Gimme a PPPPPPPP
Come on Peeps.. ZIP ZIP ZIP
Go ZIP Go ZIP Yeahhhhhhh

Oh man, I guess I over did it on the coffee.. Hard to type while jumping and waving arms.

Mother Bird Out..

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Thank you Tia! That's what we like to see! I can hear your cheering from here! Woo hoo!

Williams - totally understood. You are in full swing on your own eggsplorer mission.

But where the heck is Catscan, Harmony, Dusty, Josh (he's a commander on this mission and he's not showin' up!)....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Wow Mother Bird, that was fabulous. My pips are gonna be zipping in no time with that kind of encouragement! Now just be careful - we don't want to have to send to to the infirmary for medical assistance. Don't over-do it or you might sprain your pinkie finger...

Especially advise against performing cheer while holding cup of hot coffee. Significant danger aspect.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Mother Bird reporting for Captain Catscan.. she is at church..

over

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh. I suppose I have to excuse that absence then. My church is my backyard. :-) I go there every day and am awed and inspired by the blessings of nature.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Ditto...

I'm so grateful for my gifts. My dirty knees are evidence.. :)

Okay.. Need pics here......

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Like pip pics?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Pip Pic from Commander Moxon.

Unknown egg on left. Serama egg on right.

I am a sort of naughty commander. After pip happens, I get out the egg quickly, clear the shell bits in the immediate pip area, and ensure there is a small hole for the purposes of air getting to the chick. I have never had a problem from doing this yet, so I keep doing it. I put the egg back right away. I know others will probably jump all over me for this, but I don't want them to run out of air. The bator temp doesn't change radically and the humidity is relatively unaffected. I just lift the lid slightly, grab egg, put lid back, go do my egg ministrations, and then put it back the same way.

Mox over

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

Agent Tia reporting in, noticed parts of equipment in bator in photograph above, have said equipment(styro egg modules) and am just waiting on the major part of the equipment. Agent here has a few eggs she would like to place in the lost equipment. This Agent is hoping to get said equipment today or tomorrow. Will let command know as soon as it arrives so to participate in said mission.

Agent Tia requesting picture of full grown Serama to see If said bird occupies my flock.

Over

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Commander Moxon providing Agent Tia with picture of her 3 serama hens. Not the greatest picture but gives a good idea...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

TEN-HUIT!!!! Gen. D is now on deck...

EGGcellent Pipping there Cdrs Moxon and Jordan....Cdr Josh will soon be in the lockup if he doesn't show up here soon...
The General needs no excuse for recent absence...She had other pressing duties to attend to...Spousal unit is having spinal surgery on the 3rd, and downstairs latrine needed to be demolished to remove ancient rain locker and install water container with internal rain locker apparatus...
Also needed to rearrange the Command Center, 2 rooms of furniture and communication equipment into 1 room to free up office/library to become downstairs bedroom for impending arrival of amputee Nam Brother on the 31st for temporary winter assignment to the Command Center...The General also took liberty on Saturday to attend a command appearance function known as fall mini RU....

Carry on!!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Goodness gracious General Dusty....you are, as always, completely excused. It is a General's prerogative to be absent when she wishes! Best wishes to spousal unit also.

We are always honored to have you check in on us!
Cdr. Mox

Agent Tia acknowledges said request and DOES for sure have said alien life form, actually thinks she has alot of them. I would say in the bantam form. From my observation, very docile laid back aliens. Aliens here look like mini, crows? Is that a correct observation?

Clarksburg, MO

Sergeant Williams reporting from Panther Creek Outpost and Have discouraging results. I have just candled my 8th day hatching modules and have determined that at least half are not developing. Have any of you heard that hatches in styrofoam keep getting worse with each consecutive one? I had heard that several times and am wondering if it is true or if any of you have had the same experience.

Williams............over

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Commander Jordan with update on hatching modual. No further delopment
over

Gao, Mali

CF hatching alert. The best days this week for hatches are as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. [USA day]

PLEASE, do not assist pips to get hatch on Sunday.

Now return to your duties, one and all! CF has some VERY special deliveries this week!

Did someone say CALGON? Please, explain your selves.
***********************************************???*********************************
CF

Clarkson, KY

Agent Tia is in dire need of supplementary Calgon bubble bath leave to help her continue answering CF's every beck and call. Frail human agent not quite so round, feathered and perky as her charges.... And surely someone who serves CF so diligently...

(Zone 7b)

CF OH GREAT CF I"M HONORED BY YOUR PRESENCE HERE! (groveling at your beautiful feet)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.